“Nice stay”

Lyon, France
“Nice stay”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We've stayed 6 days at the Corinthia in March 2014
The spa center is perfect, very clean and large. The 2 restaurants are very good especially the thai restaurant. People are very nice. We had a problem with our tour operator, fortunately, the front of house manager (Gilles) solved the problem. Other advantage, the subway is just One minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 18, 2014

An excellent hotel and very friendly.Specially Ms.Pavlina was very helpful for us.
We always like to go to this hotel, because the sourrounding is very nice and
also the spa center and the asian restaurant in the first floor - RIKSHA.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank HPHaraldAuer .
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Me and my boyfriend came here for our first holiday together and to Prague. I must say that this is a very professional hotel, all the staff were really friendly and helpful. I can find no fault with our 4 day stay here! We was in room 1105 which had a huge queen size bed and a wonderful view over the city. Everything was explained to us upon check in and once we had got our bearings we found the hotel to be very lovely with lots of extras. The spa is on the top floor, you have to pay for any treatments or to use the gym or sauna area however they do have a happy hour which has free entry between 12pm - 1pm. We visited the blue note bar which is on the ground floor and had a lovely time with great service by the bar man who served us some great cocktails. Breakfast was definitely a highlight, they had everything you could imagine. Great selection!! The concierge desk was great no matter how many times we went to them they were happy to help, providing us with the map to the metro and explaining how to get to places. You could also buy 24hour metro tickets for 110crowns each. On a night out a taxi back to the hotel from the Muzeum was only 300 crowns which I thought was reasonable. I think it was worth the extra amount of money to stay in a 5* hotel and it definitely made our trip more enjoyable.

We was disappointed to leave! Will definitely have to visit again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up to have better views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Large totalitarian structure in suburbs does not make for the most attractive hotel but it has been extensively refurbished. Staff were helpful, friendly. But there are some basics which are just no good. The shower did not work ....water never reached beyond lukewarm and fixed bath panel was rotting. It was difficult to adjust shower and bath. Light in bathroom inadequate. The safe was fixed in cupboard where neither of us could reach. The layout of the rooms is poor so if someone is sitting at the desk the other person can't pass by. It all felt like a it so Eastern Europe left over.

Breakfast buffet is good and there is ample space.

Don't stay here if you are primarily visiting Prague for sight seeing unless you are with Viking in which case there is a good shuttle bus. It's too far from centre for convenience.

Room Tip: Not 527...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and on arrival we got told that the spa and breakfast would be extra so we upgraded so that it was included. The spa itself is very nice although the first time we went we got really lost on where things were but once we found it we were fine for the other 2 days. The saunas are male and female so separate. We went down to breakfast once and the hot food was cold and we had to keep asking for things like spoons and milk for our tea which you think would be obvious once they have just poured your tea for you. On the last day we ordered room service as we had asked if that was included and they told us it would just be a tray charge of 100czk which we were fine with as we wanted to eat but get ready to go aswell. When we went to check out firstly there was a massive que for people checking in which was annoying as surely at 12 they should prioritise people checking out. Once we finally reached reception the guy told us we had over 800czk to pay and apparently breakfast isn't included in the room....even though we were previously told it was. So he got the reception manager....who has no customer service skills whatsoever. Firstly she spoke to us Infront of customers checking in...no not Infront of people in the air but with people standing right next to us! How unprofessional!! And then she proceeded to say how it was not possible we were told this so I asked her if she thought I was a liar and she just shrugged her shoulders laughed and said there is no other explanation. Calling your guests liars is not even 1* service!! She then said I need to continue checking people in if you want to wait then I can speak to you but I won't be able to do anything. So I'm meant to wait probably another half an hour to then be laughed at and told I'm a liar. No thank you! The 2 bar staff (guys) and one of the concierge guys were the only nice employees they had. I will not be recommending this to anyone and I hope everyone avoids it unless they want the worst customer service in the world. Not impressed and it ruined our weekend!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Louise349w
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed for a conference in the adjoining Congress Centre - a late check-in was quick and efficient and throughout my stay the staff were without exception responsive and helpful.

The room was comfortable and whilst I didn't really suffer from excessive heat, I can see why some people have cited this as an issue. I tried to leave my window open several times and every time a gust of wind would force it shut!

I had a problem with the room safe early on morning and someone arrived at the room within minutes of my request for assistance and resolved the issue easily.

The only area for improvement (from a conference-goer's perspective) would be in the bar area - the bar is very small and service, whilst friendly, was somewhat slow. Given the common habits of conference-goers, a larger bar with a quicker turnaround would surely be a money-spinner.

So overall, if I were at the Congress Centre again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you had a good conference at the Congress Centre next door.

I have also taken note of the comment related to the bar and will work with my team to improve on the efficiency of the service.

We hope to see you back in Prague and at our hotel. Should you need some assistance with the booking next time, please do contact me on jonathan.pace@corinthia.com

Kind regards
Jonathan Pace
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 11, 2014

no way for this hotel to position itself as a 5-star hotel. I would give 3+ max. awful highway view from my room. the hotel definitely needs a solid reconstruction. everything looks cheap and sad. very disapointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Good evening and thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that your experience with us was not to your entire satisfaction. We acknowledge that you can see one of the main roads passing through the city. This is unavoidable however you can also see the entire city of Prague from almost every room in the hotel. I would also like to advise that we have several room types with different décor. Our room styles are all available on our website and I would be happy to guide you choose one to suit your taste on your next visit, should you give us another try.

Kind regards