“Great deal for Prague with a view to kill”

Corinthia Hotel Prague
Ranked #171 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Booked a 5 night package at this hotel that gave us free access to the pool and spa as well as executive lunge where we had free breakfast and free happy hour with drinks and food included. Our room was on the highest floor facing the city. Spectacular view from our room, but also from the executive lunge. Hotel is next to the subway station, so getting to downtown Prague was very easy and quick. Parking was a bit expensive, but not so bad. The only pain in the rear was exchanging money since they don't use Euro. Be careful when exchanging. The price you see on the board is not the real price, they have crazy hidden fees. Tell the teller to show you the real price for the amount you are willing to exchange. If you stay at this hotel pick the package, you get a lot more out of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,546)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have booke this hotel based expectation sto have fantastic view over Prague city. An dth eview was nice but not spectacular. Rooms are bit too old for price they are asking, bathroom is old and extremally small (not at this class hotel). Beds are very, very soft. The advantag is undergeround stationnext to hotel but that is only good point I could say. We tried one of two reestaurants - oriental but they told it was closed. When leaving Grill restaurant we saw Oriental being open... So all over I am disappointed and with great variety of hotels in Prague I will not come back to this hotel

Room Tip: Top floor with view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Good bed, clean room, friendly staff, convenient location. We arrived WAY early (6hrs) and the hotel has full, but the reception staff found us a room and even upgraded us for free.

Things I wish I knew before arriving: the pool is extra (15 EUR/day/person) and even there is free wifi available, it is SOOOO SLOW. I didnt bother with the 'premium wifi upgrade' as I believe free high-speed wifi should be a traveler's right.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the end of April. Staff was extremely nice and helpful. Service was fast except I had to wait for someone to arrive at transportation desk for quite a while. Everyone spoke very good English. Breakfast was out of this world. My room was on the 9th floor and was very quiet with nice view. Room was very clean and room service was great. Hotel is conveniently located near subway station (3 mins walk) with 2 stations to Muzeum which is in the centrum. Tickets are 24 czech crowns for 30 mins and you can transfer as many times as you wish to all public transportation within those 30 mins. It is more than enough time to arrive in the Old Town and all attractions using direct transport or combined connections.
Hotel had also some NEGATIVES:
1. v e r y slow Internet connection in rooms, little faster available at a significant fee - this was a nuisance for those who need to work from their rooms
2. lobby smelled nicotine as it is allowed to smoke there!
3. gym is not free
4. be careful with the safe in the room - instructions are confusing. Practice locking and unlocking before you put your valuables inside. Safes should have visible warning sign and guide guests to more clear instructions.
5. inefficient check out - long, long lines
6. not inexpensive
7. Airport transportation : we had an unpleasant limo driver who found out that we would be paying by credit card. They don't like processing cc payments so they are upset if you want to use one. Service was coordinated via hotel where we were explained that it costs more than a regular taxi fare to airport because of "special" unparalleled service. This was little bit of a joke. Driver was very unprofessional.
8. thermostat did not seem to work at all and blown air had same temperature regardless of settings - perhaps can be a problem in winter or summer? or perhaps it was limited to my room only

Overall a very nice hotel which can improve in a few areas.
Despite of some negatives, I recommend it a lot.

Room Tip: High floors can run out of hot water in the mornings when everyone takes shower. Lower floors may b...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Well I will start with the positives about this hotel. - LOOK BELOW FOR THE NEGATIVES .

1 - Its right outside the metro and Vysehrad which is well worth a visit! ( this used to be one of the main attractions of prague and I can see why, with cobbled wide streets, fantastic views and the huge caste is light up at night simply a great walk at night when your with your partner very romantic )

2 - The breakfast was a wide variety and the staff serving the breakfast were very friendly.

3 - The Rickshaw restaurant is fantastic and tasted just as amaizing as the Rickshaw restaurant in Malta.

But this hotel IS NOT a 5 star hotel, the room was very dull, dirty and the bath was discoloured. The house keeping staff did not replace the toilet paper in the room so I had to buy more at the local shop to use and when I confronted the reception or concierge " Martin "- at front desk was down right rude, and the staff in " the grill " restaurant were very unhelpfull and not just to myself and my girlfriend but from what I could see another family were equally unhappy and the manager had to appauligise to a family next to our table

Not ONCE did any staff at the entrance smiled or greeted us as we entered the building and when I was quite happy to carry my own bags when I arrived (because I had money in it) I got a scowl from the front desk ( bag drop )aswell as this, The house cleaning staff woke me up on the morning of my departure at 7.55 am to clean the room.

I booked this hotel from travel republic and it said on the advert that a " pool " and " Spa " would be included in the price, but too my shock it was not .. they EXPECT more money to use a TINY POOL near the roof of the building Which was not heated for the whole length of the stay.
Like I said not a 5 star hotel

This hotel was a total let down compared to the 2 hotels in Malta that I have stayed in.

If you want a more personalised, friendlier and to be honest a more value for money hotel. I would suggest a small boutique hotel.

But prague was amaizing and im not going to let this " Corinthia 5 Star hotel " Spoil a beautiful city
I hope this review is helpful, it takes a lot for me to set a review but I just felt quite strongly about this!

Room Tip: Not this hotel, its a shame because its letting down the flag ship corinthia!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark T
JonathanPace, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback. The team is concerned that our service did not entirely live up to your expectation.

On behalf of the team I note your positive comments which will be shared with the respective departments. We will also look into your feedback in relation to the team members at the door and housekeeping and will ensure that such shotcomings are addressed. I would then wish to clarify just one point.

We do have several rate plans, some of which include the use of our SPA, situated on the top floor of the building and reviewed by most of our guests as our selling point, being one of the few commanding such spectacular views. We apologize if you were not aware that your reservation exluded the use of this hotel facility.

Finally, I would wish to thank you for your positive comments about our other hotels in Malta. Being a Maltese Citizen myself, this gives me great joy. I would also appreciate if you would be so kind and spare some of your time to contact me directly. My e-mail address is jonathan.pace@corinthia.com. I am really looking forward to be able to talk to you and to ensure we get it right on your next visit to Prague

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I decided to book my birthday weekend in the beautiful city Prague. It was my first time there. We decided on The Corinthia as I know the brand from attending an event in the London one.
From the moment I arrived the staff were charming and efficient. They were on hand for anything that was needed.

My room was simply lovely with a view and plenty of space. I would recommend booking in some spa treatments before you arrive as it is very popular! Cakes in the cafe are dangerous as they are so good and the cocktails at the bar should come with the same warning. Also the hotel has a metro station outside. The centre is minutes away!

Best birthday ever!

Room Tip: Higher room to get a good view. I would advise on at least an executive room as it comes with benefi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback which I will share with the team. We are certainly pleased you have enoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit. Check our website for some great packages to be posted soon.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Its a very good Business Hotel, and you can sleep very comfortably....and their breakfast is very well varied.....and food was very tasty. For a 3 day stay, I can safely say I enjoyed it, although was travelling on my own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your time to post the review. The team enjoys great feedback and we are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to have you back in this beautiful city.