Corinthia Hotel Prague
Rezidence Vysehrad(Prague)
Amadeus(Prague)
Hotel Otakar(Prague)
3,603 results
All reviewsmetro stationrickshaw restaurantbusiness loungeswimming poolold towncity centrethe executive loungeconference centerthe congressconcierge desktop floorbusiness hotelspa facilitieshotel entranceriver cruisefive star hotelsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Simply a huge disappointment. The Hotel is outdated, bad location (out of the way) and is simply ugly (an old Communist building):
- from the moment we checked in as a group (rented 9 rooms), we experienced bad and slow service, we had to wait 15 minutes to be able to get our rooms (only 2 people at checking were overwhelmed) and every time we asked for anything, we had to wait long times (calling the hotel phone line, no one picked up)
- the whole hotel smells like smoke, people smoke everywhere and the hotel seems very lenient about it. It MIT have to do with a Poker Tournament they had on site, the clientele there was definitely not 5 star ;-)
- the meeting facilities are terrible, we had to ask for lamps (too dark in the rooms) and a fan because the room was consistently around 85F, the hotel charged for every little item extra
- our own rooms were upgraded "Executive Suites", a solid 3 star but haven't been updated in at least 10 years
- the heating and air conditioning didn't work, we were cooking in our rooms with the windows open in December! The hotel gave us fans for our rooms but it wasn't enough
- the breakfast bar and food are very subpar, not 5 star quality
- room service and dinner menu and food quality are also not good
- the bedding, pillows and downstairs bar are ok
- the best part of the hotel is the swimming pool and spa area, they are definitely 5 star

We were supposed to stay at the hotel for 3 nights but we decided to leave after 1 night, just simply too disappointed. We cancelled our reservation. We moved ourselves to the Boscolo Hotel, much nicer, better location, better rooms and better everything. And we end up paying less.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GlobalPolyglot
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Wow! An amazing hotel with great rooms, facilities and a very welcoming feel. The room we had was quite high up but this only made the views even more breathtaking. The bed was massive, at least 6 foot in width and incredibly comfortable.
Breakfast was quite authentically Czech, with blood sausage causing me great amusement as a I bit into it.
The hotel is a little out of Prague but is served by an underground station that was easy to navigate, despite neither my wife or I being able to understand the language.
We didn't bother with the swimming pool but I dare say it would be as good as the rest of the hotel.

Room Tip: As high as possible to get the best view of this beautiful city.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewTemple
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Not the cheapest place in Prague , especially the drinks, but fantastic service. The train stops at the front door for a cheap route into Town. My only complaint would be smoking allowed in the poker room/ casino but i am sure this would prove popular with a lot of guests.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LORDLUCANIsleOfMan
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is my second stop at this hotel and I think I paid about the same per night as what I would for a travel lodge in London and it included breakfast. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable. The breakfast has a good variety of food which is cooked well. The hotel is conveniently located next to a tube station which takes you streight into town. It isn't perhaps the most glamorous hotel in Prague but I think for the money it is very good and would return again.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Nikki G
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a nice stay for me. I paid a bit extra and had access to the executive lounge on the 22n fluor

What I liked about the hotel
1. the executive lounge was great
2. The pool on the 25th floor and the gym are quite nice
3. The restaurants that I tried were all nice
4. Nice bathroom, and the bidet adds a nice touch
5. Internet was just ok

My complaints
1. The water temperature fluctuates. I got scortched a few times while showering
2. As most hotels in Prague, they allow smoking in public areas. As a result the air quality is bad in several areas.

Room Tip: pay the extra $ for the executive lounge
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo