“Czech In”
Review of Cloister Inn Hotel

Cloister Inn Hotel
Ranked #89 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went with 2 other lads start of Feb 2k14. Hotel is mint fresh. Coffee in lobby is free was hitting it on the reg like a caffeine fiend. Hotel room nice & clean, temp was awesome-hot even though it was minus outside #homelessness sucks. Guy on night staff with glasses is a legend, helpful full of banter. Had good luggage room for after czech-out..... Wi-Fi was utterly banging, top notch. Overall top place going bk if I come bk to Prague cause its great value and fabreeze fresh.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,131)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Cloister Inn Hotel is extremely well located in old town area, walking distance from Charles Bridge, National Theatre, The Astronomical Clock & Old Town Square, Municipal House and many others attractions. You will also find many restaurants, coffee bars, shops etc.
Easy and affordable access to and from airport via shuttle/bus and metro. The airport it`s about 45 minutes away.
Cozy and spacious room, very clean with bathroom amenities!
Breakfast included in the room price offers fresh bread, butter and jam, cereals and yogurt, cheese, ham, eggs, vegetables, fruits, tea, coffee, milk and orange juice.

*WIFI connection available in the room!
*Smoking is tolerated in a few rooms!
*Free coffee and tea available in the lobby!

We would definitely stay again here!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Flr02
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I found Cloister Inn on bookings.com and the reviews were fantastic. This was our first time in Prague, so we really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into at all. On the map, it seemed to be in the middle of everything we wanted to do, so we went for it.
I am so glad we did! It is barely a 5 minute walk from the hotel to Old Town, yet on a quiet hidden street, so there is no late night party noise. They have an excellent staff that answered any questions we had, and they had free WiFi and breakfast, which are two huge factors for me when looking for a hotel.
The price is extremely reasonable. I would recommend Cloister Inn to anyone and if I ever come back to Prague, I know where I am going to stay!

Room Tip: Bookings.com helped me greatly in finding this hotel and room. They have fabulous deals.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Emylizzbit
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This was our 2nd visit to Prague and 2nd second visit to Cloister Inn, I couldnt see any reason to stay anywhere else. Booked direct with hotel and got a great price.
Check in was quick and the evening receptionist gave us all the info we needed to get started. Sorry I didnt catch his name but he was on the door in 2011 so must have had a deserved promotion. Day staff too were friendly and helpful. We had a huge room on the 2nd floor. Room was hot enough and you could adjust the temp on the radiators where needed. The breakfast was varied so you could always have a good start to the day. Tea and coffee facilities in lobby area is a nice touch and there is a vending machine. Its only a few minutes walk to the Old Town Square and about 10 mins to Charles Bridge or Wencelas Square. Plenty of bars and restaurants in the area. As mentioned I cannot see a reason to stay elsewhere so if I return to Prague I will return to Cloister Inn,

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank dawn43
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Cloister Inn is in a great location- it is just a few minutes away from everything in Old Town, but it is on a quiet street so you don't get any late night noise and can have a relaxing night's sleep. We were in the A section of the hotel, and our room was a very reasonable size with nice, high ceilings. The housekeeping staff took a lot of time on each room, which always resulted in it being very clean. The breakfast had a good variety, and was a nice add on. The front desk staff was excellent. When we arrived, it was the week of Christmas, and we had no reservations made in advance. We found a list of restaurants for the whole week, and Martin at the front desk was so patient and kind and made all of the calls to be sure that we had a reservation for every evening. We really appreciated his help! This is a very good hotel, and I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SEM89
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and found the staff friendly, and very helpful, which considering my inability to speak any Czech was good. It is situated in a nice quiet back street just 10 minutes walk from the old town square (if you didn't get lost). Room was nice and warm with good facilities, the only thing is there is no tea or coffee making in the rooms, but you can help yourself to very good coffee in the lounge by the reception. Three computers on the net were available, along with a printer. The continental breakfast was standard fair for Prague, but there was plenty of it.
I would recommend this hotel and stay here again without a hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at the Cloister Inn for 2 nights for a solo trip in January.

Checkin was quick and easy and even though I was a couple of hours early I was able to get to my room. I'd booked a single room but still had a double bed and much to my delight large European pillows not the small flat ones so often seen recently! The room was very clean and quiet and I loved the addition of a free beer and small bottle of water in the fridge. Wifi was generally good in the hotel and I could do most things I wanted, although one day I had problems uploading photos for some reason. The room was rather warm at night but a few less layers soon fixes that! The included breakfast was European style and great before a day exploring. The shower was hot and with decent water pressure which is needed after a day walking around!

Keys are left at reception on check out and you are given a card to show to collect them when you come back each day. The only downside to security would be that a couple of times I didn't need to show my card and it was a different person on the desk. While I am sure that in some cases they remember guests I did wonder ...

The hotel was about 10 min easy walk from the old town square and in a great location with many restaurants around for late dinners!

Room Tip: If you bring cash (Euro or local) to pay on arrival you get a 5% discount!! I didn't realise so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo