“Great staff, very good location”
Review of Cloister Inn Hotel

Cloister Inn Hotel
Ranked #83 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 19, 2014

The Cloister Inn is in a great location- it is just a few minutes away from everything in Old Town, but it is on a quiet street so you don't get any late night noise and can have a relaxing night's sleep. We were in the A section of the hotel, and our room was a very reasonable size with nice, high ceilings. The housekeeping staff took a lot of time on each room, which always resulted in it being very clean. The breakfast had a good variety, and was a nice add on. The front desk staff was excellent. When we arrived, it was the week of Christmas, and we had no reservations made in advance. We found a list of restaurants for the whole week, and Martin at the front desk was so patient and kind and made all of the calls to be sure that we had a reservation for every evening. We really appreciated his help! This is a very good hotel, and I would recommend it highly.

2  Thank SEM89

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We stayed here for four nights and found the staff friendly, and very helpful, which considering my inability to speak any Czech was good. It is situated in a nice quiet back street just 10 minutes walk from the old town square (if you didn't get lost). Room was nice and warm with good facilities, the only thing is there is no tea or coffee making in the rooms, but you can help yourself to very good coffee in the lounge by the reception. Three computers on the net were available, along with a printer. The continental breakfast was standard fair for Prague, but there was plenty of it.
I would recommend this hotel and stay here again without a hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed at the Cloister Inn for 2 nights for a solo trip in January.

Checkin was quick and easy and even though I was a couple of hours early I was able to get to my room. I'd booked a single room but still had a double bed and much to my delight large European pillows not the small flat ones so often seen recently! The room was very clean and quiet and I loved the addition of a free beer and small bottle of water in the fridge. Wifi was generally good in the hotel and I could do most things I wanted, although one day I had problems uploading photos for some reason. The room was rather warm at night but a few less layers soon fixes that! The included breakfast was European style and great before a day exploring. The shower was hot and with decent water pressure which is needed after a day walking around!

Keys are left at reception on check out and you are given a card to show to collect them when you come back each day. The only downside to security would be that a couple of times I didn't need to show my card and it was a different person on the desk. While I am sure that in some cases they remember guests I did wonder ...

The hotel was about 10 min easy walk from the old town square and in a great location with many restaurants around for late dinners!

Room Tip: If you bring cash (Euro or local) to pay on arrival you get a 5% discount!! I didn't realise so...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank SnuB
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed at the Cloister hotel over the new year period ,everything fantastic staff helpful,room and hotel clean breakfast good and no rush. One thing i would advise and that is to ask for a room to the rear of hotel , can be a bit noisy with taxis dropping off at hotel opposite.

Room Tip: Ask for room to rear of hotel
2  Thank chippymonger
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed for four nights in this hotel just before Christmas (Dec, 2013). The prices were very reasonable and included breakfast. The breakfast was lovely - very continental which we loved. We had a larger room (which we didn't realise prior to booking!!) - the room was great and included everything we needed and more. There was a safe facility which was free to use.

The location of the hotel was also fabulous - we were only a short walk into the mix, and we found that we didn't need to use public transport at all during our stay.

The main compliment we wish to offer this hotel is the staff - they were incredibly warm, friendly and helpful throughout the entire stay. They were happy to support us with trips, transfers to the airport and any else we needed.

For a short city break this hotel was perfect and we would certainly stay again.

1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This modernised hotel, formerly a convent then police HQ, is a very well-run and safe place from which to sally forth to enjoy walking around Prague, a few minutes from the Old Town Square and Charles bridge. My friends and I went for New Year, and were very pleased with our quiet rooms on the fifth floor, clean and comfortable. Hot drinks in the reception area a free bonus, returning from the cold outside! The bottle of prosecco in our rooms on New year's eve a pleasant surprise. Adequate and efficiently laid out breakfasts. Knowledgeable and helpful staff on Reception desk. You can buy tram tickets from them. Our highlight was the New Year's day concert in the Rudolfinum, followed by spectacular fireworks over the river. I would happliy stay there again.

Room Tip: Quieter at the back, fifth floor good.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shirley D
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I selected this hotel on the back of a good TA rating . Whilst the room was clean it was also rather Spartan and being in the A block a long way from reception . Service was correct rather than friendly and warm and breakfast a comprehensive buffet with a refectory style feel to the seating . It is well positioned for the Old Town and river and Prague is a beautiful city but I had expected a warmer reception and a slightly less Spartan feel . Yes it does have a welcome beer in the fridge as well as a small water bottle and wifi is included and works . Noise from other guests meant I did not have a good sleep and the room walls are thin although to the back ( no view at all ) the street noise is zero ..

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business