“Good Hotel in Great Location”
Review of Hotel City Inn

Hotel City Inn
Ranked #579 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel in Great Location”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I used to stay in this hotel a number of years ago when I used to pass through Prague quite regularly. I had not been to Prague for about 10 years now before my recent trip. As I knew this hotel, I decided to stay there again.
I was only in Prague for one night. I booked the hotel at an extremely reasonable price.
On arrival, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and found my room was to my liking. Clean and a nice bathroom.
I was leaving early the following morning, before breakfast, and they gave me a good packed meal to take with me as I was missing breakfast. I remember the breakfasts from my previous visits all those years ago, and presume they are still as good. It was a self-service buffet-style breakfast, and had a good selection of food.
The hotel is just a short walk away from the old town, and Wenceslas Square. The main railway station is also about 5 minutes walk away, so very good location.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. I will stay there again on my next Prague visit, whenever that will be.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

i had a lovely room for the money on the second floor the staff where helpful that what they are there for i have not come to spend time with them so if they are moody so what poor things are at work lol but in all the hotel so sound clean breakfast plenty they kept topping up i found the place plesaent for me stay i went with a friend for 3 days and it was enough i will be going back, but is better deal direct with the hotel or through the web like i did last time Umm ?? and for me the location was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Braga, Portugal
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Excellent location (5m-10m walking to old town square), next to a metro station and a tram station.
Clean towels every day. Good breakfast: milk, juices (not good), bread, sausages, cheese, ham, butter, cereals, ...
Small bathroom.
We've paid 15€ each per night.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank troser
Alicante, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We paid for a triple room 25€ between the 3 per night. Next night we were only 2 persons and it was for 20€ between both.

This hotel is very close to the center (5min walking) and very close to the main train station (3 min walking).

Moreover, in front of this hotel there is a good restaurant where I ate the best czech food that I have tasted in Czech Republic. It's called "Potrefená Husa" and it's not too much expensive (around 8€ per penson).

Room Tip: If you book your room by internet (in booking.com) it will be cheaper than take it in the hotel rece...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Eva R
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Arrived at around 8pm and were given a room not fit for the three of us I went to complain to the receptionist and demanded to see the manager he then went with us to the room and could see the problem straight away he then changed our room to a three bedded room-thank God.the room was a bit run down but liveable and having a shower was an art you had to hold the shower head with one hand and juggle with the shower gel.We had clean towels everyday .The best thing about the hotel is the location absolutely ten out of ten.We will go back again despite the early setback.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the trams it is a lovely sight.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Malsaini
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 29, 2012

On arrival we were shocked to discover that reception was on 2nd floor. Lift to 2nd floor was noisy and rickety. Girl at reception was surly and unhappy as if we were an inconvenience. Room was unclean and small. Very unimpressed with the fact that the cleaners congregate on the stairs smoking. All in all was very underwhelmed with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank paulmmcevoy

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Nottingham UK
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here a few years ago and that time we had a very nice room on the second floor ,however this time they put us up in the attic on the fourth floor and the room was a little ropey.There were large velux windows in the ceiling above the beds and these would not close.As it was very hot it was not a problem but if it had rained we would have had to have complained! This time we did not have a proper shower cubicle just an attachment fixed to the bathroom wall which was quite wierd. The furniture was quite old and battered and the remote control for the television was held together by sellotape ! However, the room and the hotel itself was clean and a free buffet breakfast was still provided which was very handy and saved money. The red haired girl on reception was very helpful and explained to us where the main train station was.One of the reasons we stayed here again was due to the superb central location near to all the main sites with bars and restaurants nearby.I don't know if we will visit Prague again but if we did we would probably stay here again dispite the slightly dodgy room on this visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple