The Charles Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationpainted ceilingmodern bathroomjazz barold townmala stranaearly hoursnoisy at nighthigh ceilingsbreakfast roomnoise from the streetlovely hotelthird floora stones throwcity breakmini barbeautiful room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in Jan 2013 for a short city break. We booked through Laterooms.com and got an excellent price - £45 per night including breakfast. For a city centre hotel so close to the Charles Bridge we felt that was very good value. We were welcomed by the lovely Denise and a warmer welcome we've never had. The room was warm and well equipped. I have read the comments about no sound proofing but we did not experience any disruption apart from some revellers down below but that can't be helped. Says more about my fellow British tourists than it does the hotel. I would rather stay here and experience Czech charm than in a plastic sound-proofed 'international chain' hotel where you can't tell what city you are in. The breakfast was good - hot options as well as cold meats and cheeses from the self-service buffet. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna t
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great location, large comfortable room with charming baroque decor giving it a distinctive feel (compared to all those mass produced hotel clones). All home comforts provided in the room, breakfast was fresh and more than adequate and the staff were friendly, helpful and quirky. It was also good to have a midday check out time instead of the usual 10.00 a.m. limit. Given the cost at this time of year it was really excellent value. Certainly on my list of one to return to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TMerula
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not only is this hotel in the heart of the Old City and near the Charles Bridge, but it is one of the best places I have stayed in the Czech Republic. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the included breakfast was basic, but fresh and available almost all morning long. The room was balanced between old world charm with modern amenities. There is no question I will return here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2013

The one thing this hotel has going for it is its location. Its absolutely fantastic.... a minute away from the Charles Bridge and in the middle of the Old Town and the Prague Castle. The hotel and its amenities itself were satisfactory.

The rooms were clean and comfortable, although we got a street view room which meant noises coming from the street at night. The staff were friendly and spoke excellent English, the breakfast however (which is very basic) was a disappointment.

Overall if I go back I will keep a look out for other alternatives but I won't mind going back to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank radsterluvs2travel
Reviewed January 5, 2013

When you enter this hotel, you walk into a small lobby with a relatively small seating area just around the corner from the reception desk. The seating area will take 6 or 7 people and I suppose another 10 if they were standing close together. The point is, that apart from the breakfast room in the cellar (which is off limits except for breakfast), which is not a particularly inviting place anyway, the public areas are limited to the lobby and seating area. There is no bar and nowhere else to sit and relax apart from the rooms of course.
The rooms are just about on the spacious side and fairly well-appointed in terms of equipment and bathroom facilities, although my mini bar wouldn't close properly, neither would my wardrobe unless I locked it. The rooms are nicely decorated in the baroque style and comfortable. The room I stayed in was at the front of the hotel overlooking a street in which two drunks decided to keep me awake until the small hours. Okay, not the hotel’s fault but I have to say that complete lack of sound proofing of the old windows didn't help. Good location, just a short stroll from the beautiful Charles Bridge but would I stay again? No – far too noisy (even without the drunks!). There are far better alternatives at the same cost or lower. This was not value for money. I should mention that the staff are very friendly and helpful but the breakfast was extremely below average.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room (if one exists!).
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business