“good value accommodation”

Ranked #215 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Brisbane, Australia
“good value accommodation”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

perfect location. the room was a nice size, with a big bathroom. It was very hot at night, but with the windows open there was no chance of sleep because of the noise from the pedestrians below. the staff were helpful with all transport needs and the meal I had in the restaurant was delicious. I don't usually eat duck, but wow! definitely one to try. The other thing worth suggesting is to pack light if you plan to stay here. It was definitely a challenge for me, particularly in the hot weather to carry my suitcase and backpack up 2 stories of stairs by myself. all things considered, I'd still stay there again if I were to go back to Prague.

Room Tip: request a room on a lower floor if you have issues with stairs or are taking a lot of luggage.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Hayley H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel was very well located, although parking was a major issue. The hotel staff were EXCEPTIONALLY helpful. I had been concerned by the Trip Advisor comments about evening noise levels as this hotel was located directly off the Old Town Square. There was no problem with noise (although the church bells tolled out for quite a long time...but only from 7am). The hotel was very clean and we had a lovely large room on the top floor. If you had problems with stairs I would give this hotel a miss, the stairs are steep and a bit uneven (built in 1300's) an there is no lift. Had a great stay and it couldnt have been better located to see all the major tourist attractions.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
atlanta, ga
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our room is very nice .. The size is adequate, the bath is roomy. However, the street noise is unbearable, we visited in July; there is no air conditioning so you must open the windows. The pedestrian party traffic from the square prevents sleep for more than a few minutes at a time. It does not wane until about 4 a.m. Also, the bed looks like a bed but is really more of a futon mattress placed on a bed frame. And, the wireless connection is almost non-existent. i would rather be told there was none, than to believe that eventually i could connect!! The towels are small. But, the breakfast is great. The location is central. The price is right. Still ... Knowing what I know now, I would pay more for a peaceful night's sleep!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kim H
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 2, 2013

You really can't get more authentic than this place. I am in my late 30s and took a trip with my folks (age 65 & 69) to the Czech Republic to research family roots. This hotel was our last stop and what a revelation! The location could not be any better. We had an attic room that slept 3 comfortably and it was inspiring to be in a building that was built back in 1330-1340. In our room, we slept under the original roof truss which is one of the oldest on record, not just in Prague but the entire Czech Republic. My favorite part about this room was pulling up a chair and looking out over the rooftops of Prague and down onto the small square below our charming window. It was so romantic that it simultaneously made me miss my husband and feel warm and fuzzy about a life well-lived at the same time. If you stay in a room like this, you are one lucky person!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank PiperAndJon
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 9, 2013

- This hotel is located in Old Town and everything is walking distance. I didn't need a taxi except to get to the airport and back. The location doesn't get more convenient. There are many restaurants in the area as well.

- The building is from the 14th century so it fits so well with the history of the area.

- The rooms are clean and well appointed. The bathrooms were nice and the shower was excellent.

- The service from the staff was excellent. Very friendly and very very helpful.

If I come back to Prague I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 10 which faces the courtyard and is on the third floor. I didn't have a proble...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KC7766
Sheffield
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is ideally situated right on the old town square and right in the middle of Prague. The hotel is beautiful and kept in pristine condition for such an old building. Rooms are extremely well heated which is good when it is minus 7 outside. Breakfast is one of the better ones I have had in Prague although still typical of Czech breakfasts which are not my thing. The restaurant on the other hand is definitely my thing with excellent quality food and wine for a very competitive price. The staff were very pleasant throughout the day but I got the impression they were not night people as they got a little grumpy when asked for a drink after 11pm. The only other issue was the door being locked quite early and having to buzz through to be let in after midnight - again the staff seemed a little upset by this. Grumpy staff seem to be the thing in Prague however so to have the odd smile in the day was nice. All in all however this is an amazing hotel in a first class position in Prague - not too expensive either.

Room Tip: We were at the back of the hotel and had no problem with noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tommo1974
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Location Location Location,and atmosphere! I stayed here for 5 nights in early December with my elderly parents and we had a truly lovely holiday . We arrived just as the Christmas markets were starting and saw the lighting of a most spectacular Christmas tree in the square. This hotel has a great deal of ambience and warmth, the staff are very nice, and the rooms were beautiful with painted timber ceilings and spotless spacious bathrooms. I had a single room (no.4) and my parents had a double room 3 , both on the first floor ( second floor USA) which faced an inner courtyard. ( there is no lift and the stairs are quite steep hence my request for a lower room). You only have to step outside the hotel door and you are in a cobbled laneway which adjoins the old town square. it is so central you can come and go all day which is great if you wish to have a rest. there is also a little guest lounge on the ground floor with a computer and free internet. it was also very good to stroll out for meals at a range of restaurants within a close range. we used taxis to and from the airport which we organised through the hotel for 30 euros each way ( for three of us ) The evening meals we had at the hotel on two nights were very good and generous in portions, The breakfast buffet had a choice of continental things, but the cooked food-eggs frankfurters etc were left in a hot tray from early on and not replenished and not much to get excited about. The coffee and tea could have been improved by providing proper boiling water but it was a minor concern. I have read some comments about the noise from the street and I did experience a little noise but I would expect to hear some noise from pedestrian traffic in such a central location so close to jazz bars and a range of venues. All in all, a wonderful hotel and i would return again. thank you to Petra and the young man on duty in the evenings who were extremely helpful.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family