“Budget, Clean, Noisy”
Review of Hotel Belvedere

Hotel Belvedere
Ranked #238 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Belvedere was very close to where I needed to be, for business purposes. And that, was NOT in the historical city center. Nevertheless, the tram & metro in Prague is so adequate, that transport to the Malostranské Náměstí (100m from Charles' Bridge) took less than 10 mins, without having to change any tram. Walking to the historical center took about 20 mins downhills, but I suppose coming back uphills would be rough :)

The hotel building was old but renovated. The reception area was very basic. The reception personnel is helpful. They will provide you information as well as Czech currency (although they will charge commission, so visit a bank if you can, instead).

The rooms were clean and roomy, so was the bathroom. Hot water was always available. Housekeeping was OK.

My room was on the 1st floor, facing the front road where the Kamenicka tram stop . It was really noisy, especially before 11 pm when the tram service was more frequent.

Breakfast was very basic, not even at 3 stars...

Value for money? I guess fair...

Room Tip: Ask not to be on a room with a ''tram line view'' :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed at the Belvedere in February 2013 for a long weekend break, we being my wife & I and our two boys 10 & 6. The hotel is warm and welcoming with a large cosy lobby bar overlooking the street and the trams. The lobby bar also has free WiFi and internet. The hotel staff are very friendly & helpful, Dasa in particular, she would make a fuss of the boys who would dip into the sweet bowl on the counter at any opportunity. The rooms are clean, well decorated and well serviced. We had a large double with twin aspects and an adjoining double for the boys. There was a good selection of hot & cold food for breakfast served in a large dining room. The hotel is well situated for local transport being on a tram route and close to a metro station. The Letensky park is a short walk away with a nice cafe' and super views over the town. It is an easy walk into the old town from here, not so easy coming back because of the climb back up to the park. Overall our stay here was a very pleasant experience and we look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MalcTee
Dostaljr, Manager at Hotel Belvedere, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear client,

Thank you choosing Hotel Belvedere for your stay in Prague, and sharing such a comprehensive feedback, which we truly appreciate. We are really glad to read that you enjoyed services of Hotel Belvedere. We will do our best to make your next stay even better.

Best regards,

Hotel Management

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Well appointed Hotel a little way from the main attractions of Prague but great tram route outside. Since my last visit more beggars have appeared on the scene! The staff were very friendly and helpful, we used the lobby every night for our night cap. Only fault was the bar couldn't supply the reasonably priced cognac to go with the excellent coffee.

Room Tip: Avoid the front side of the Hotel as busy trams run throughout the night!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel January 7th until 24th 2013. The hotel was very clean and the bedroom nicely decorated and warm. The shower was very powerful,absolutely fabulous.The hotel had wifi ,and also its own computer that guests could log on. The staff were very friendly and helpful espescially the reception staff. If I visit Praque again in the near future I would definately stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank squintyflinty
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hetel Belvedere is quiet, clean, reasonably priced for the business traveler and families.
The lobby has free Wi-Fi and is a good meeting place. The staff is very friendly.
A hearty breakfast is served in a large ballroom every morning and there must be at least 12 languages being spoken on any given day. I stay there because of the service, the price and the location in the Letna area, also known as Prague 6.
Letna neighborhood is in between two giant parks on the north slope of the Vltava River. It affords visitors with access to public transportation and safe and well traveled streets with shops for all of your daily needs.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've ordered two beers in lobby bar, the total invoice was 90 CZK. I've tried to pay with credit card, but they accept cash only. The bartender said that I can pay later or at check out. Later this day, I've ordered 3 more beers and paid 225 CZK total (with these 90 CZK included).

Next day, I was checking out at 8 am, and the bus was waiting for me by the front entrance. But hotel administrator said I owe them 90 CZK. I told them that I have already paid the invoice, but they didn't want to listen. So I had to pay that invoice twice because I had no more time - the bus was about to leave.

I have been swindled for a low amount (90 CZK is like $4.7), but general impression was spoiled with that disgusting incident.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2013

at our stay in the hotel ( 05.01.2013 - 07.01.2013 ) we faced out with these difficulties:
* the ventilatin in shower/toliet doesn't work at all.
* there was no hot water at all and the guy at reception told that it's connected with a lot of tourists having a shower.... We were completely disappointed.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to any of my friends because of these 2 points described above,

In comparing to other 3star hotels ( not 4 star ) Hotel deserves only 2 stars... and even 2stars hotel in Germany (Ulmer Stubenm, Ulm Germany) is much much better than this one

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple