“Average hotel, no frills”

Hotel Ariston & Ariston Patio
Ranked #234 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Blaine, Minnesota
“Average hotel, no frills”
Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

The location was good, very close to a tram stop and about 20 minutes walk from the city center. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. The negatives were the actual room and amenities. The room was stuffy with no air conditioning and the bed was saggy and uncomfortable. There was an extra charge for wireless internet and the room safe. The charge wasn't excessive, but inconvenient as you had to go back to the front desk to get passwords.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank lise0006
, Manager at Hotel Ariston & Ariston Patio, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear client,

Thank you for your review. We can assure you that the usual weather in Prague, during the beginning of May, is very suitable for stay. Unfortunately this May was whole Czech Republic affected by extreme temperatures, which made the stay inconvenient for all Prague visitors.

Best regards,

Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just spent 2 days in Prague with a group from Canada... the Ariston was our "base camp" and it was perfect: value for your money, great breakfast buffet, wonderful staff - super helpful front desk and the location is good - 15 min walk to the Old Town Square or a 5 min tram ride.. and quiet enough location to get a good night sleep ... the rooms are comfortable and clean - and one has to keep of course perspective with the cost / standard ratio ... some people seem to expect luxury no matter how much they pay .....
So all in all, a great spot for a Prague visit ..... and I will certainly be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: It is a fairly large hotel - so there must be quite a selection - some newer, some older ...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Gery V
Roznava, Slovakia
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel matches my expectations. I had a lovely room and the staff were always willing to help. It is definitely worth the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank stretchy_12
Budva, Montenegro
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel in November 2011 and it was our first visit to Prague. Hotel is 10 minutes walk from the center of the city, nice location. Came by car, and it was very important for us that hotel has a parking place, and it has, but we had to pay for this service 18euros per day. Internet access was also charged - 10euros per 24h,which by our opinion is silly but we needed it. Room was clean and it was the best thing during our stay in the hotel. And yes - the room had a safe but guess what - you have to pay for using it!!!
Breakfast was so poor, and the restaurant where we had breakfast used to was some kind of a small opera hall or something, and all they did is that they put some very old chairs and tables inside and made a "restaurant" of it, I had a feeling like we are having breakfast in some basement, very dark and ugly. And, from Ariston Patio you have to cross the street which is very traffic-busy and to have breakfast in Ariston.
Stuff was not very friendly, one of them only spoke English well.
So, any additional service you have to pay, and by not so reasonable price.
Sleeping quality was good because luckily we had a room which was not on the side of the main street.
But also, we had no enough time to spend it in hotel, which was good, and Prague is a beautiful city but very dirty and also - domestic people - totally unfriendly and impolite, or better - horrible!

Room Tip: Ask for room which does not have a street view (quieter ones)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sanja M
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We were originally booked into the Winston Churchill only to find this closed and looking back on the reviews it looks like we had a lucky escape! We were upgraded to the Ariston Patio and I really can't find much to fault there.The staff were very friendly and helpful particularly the man on reception who gave us a lot of helpful hints especially on the tram travel.The rooms were very clean,modern and well equipped.Yes the television does only seem to pick up local channels but then who is visiting Prague to watch TV?! The breakfast was very good,with plenty of choice and regularly topped up.It's within easy walking distance of the Old Town and although some might say the area in which it is seems a little run-down there are plenty of good,cheap places to eat close by and a supermarket a short walk up the hill.I can't speak about how easy it was to find because I simply booked transfers to and from the airport with Prague Airport Transfers who I would also thoroughly recommend to anyone.This was my first trip to Prague and I would happily stay at the Ariston again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank theabsinthefairy
LA / Slovakia
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The first thing to realize is that there is Hotel Ariston and across the street, there is Ariston Patio. Although I've stayed in both places, my most recent trip put me up in Ariston Patio.

I refuse to pay for an internet connection in a hotel room. There was free wi-fi service in the lobby, but was something like 10 euros a day to get a separate key to have full service in the room. On occassion I did catch the wi-fi in my room, but then again I was on the second floor.

The room was pleasant, but don't expect a nice view. Most of the rooms overlook the courtyard, aka parking lot. I was satisfied with the bed and the accommodation. The location is only a 15 minute walk to the old town, so that is good.

As for service, I speak Czech, so I was treated fine. Breakfast was the same every day, but it was ok.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel should be ranked amongst the top ten hotels in Prague. Housed in a historical building and within a walking distance to the Prague centre, I found the Ariston Hotel a very charming and an exceptionally comfortable hotel. The room I stayed in was modern, very clean and well equipped with all the useful facilities. On another trip to Prague, I stayed in Ariston Patio (across the street from the Ariston Hotel) which I also found particularly nice and very modern too. In addition, the breakfast assortment is excellent and always well prepared. I noted that the Hotel is easy to find and has also the advantage of being very close to the several tram stops with only a few minutes tram journey to the main railway station and other interesting and historical places in Prague. I must say that, during my stays at the Aristons, I have always been impressed by the efficiency, helpfulness and friendliness of staff. I most definitely will stay In Ariston hotel when I visit Prague next time and strongly recommend it with no hesitation at all.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends