“Good for economical stay”
Review of Hotel Amadeus

Hotel Amadeus
Ranked #365 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 26, 2011

It is a simple hotel, but I really enjoyed my stay there. It’s not expensive, situated in quiet district. You can easily get the centre of city by tram (just a few stops). The nearest stop is at a distance of 200-300 metres from hotel. Breakfasts are average, nothing impressive. The restaurant in the hotel offers a good food at a rather high rate, but there are a great number of restaurants, cafes and bars (especially on Vilkova and Borivojova streets) so you can easily find place to eat.
Rooms, that we’ve got was not very spacious but quite comfortable and a single one has separate bathroom and toilet. A room which was close to reception was a bit noisy, so try to avoid it.
I’d say it a good place for economical stay in Prague, I would return there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Me and my husband went here early June and when we arrived we saw this so hobo looking woman at the desk.Me and my husband always keep our reservations on our mini laptop as papers get lost so easily. The lady at the desk reacted mad and rolled her eyes at us when she saw we did this. I dont know if it was because my husband is black but he felt that it was personal.Also the cleaning lady was so unfriendly!From the moment I arrived I just felt like crying as we had been looking forward to see Prague for a long time.
The breakfast room was way too small.
At night I couldnt sleep as drunks were yelling and singing in the corridor and our door did not have a good lock.I just read that robbers are active in the hotel and I am not surprised. I am happy me and my husband did not take our ipods, ipad and other luxury stuff with us.
When after site seeing we came back home we did not feel safe in the streets around the hotel.I dont know if I am just a spoiled us tourist as we normally never go low cost but at least a feeling of safety is required.Maybe people from the Eastern part of Europe feel more at ease at the hotel as most of the clients are from there but not mixed couples.
I have nothing in personal against the hotel, their rooms, food, etc but they should definitely change the female at the front because even other guests were complaining about her. I dont know her name but she is old, shabby looking, doesnt like to work and smells like cigarettes.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GenevieveP1985
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Dear clients,

thank you for your review, it is also usefull.
I am very sorry for not nice behavior of our reception woman.
I regret your bad feelings in hotel surroundings.
There is a lot of restaurants, bars, and pubs and people may be noisy on their way to the bed.
Yes, on spring 2011 was one room broken into, but finaly because fo client has forgoten to lock door.
I work here 8 years and I have never had a problem with robbers, although I sometimes leave late.
I hope you will visit Prague again and gain better experiences

Reviewed August 27, 2011

after staying at this hotel my husband i can say that we would never stay here again we found the hotel a little shabby the room its self was good ,apart from the shower which was very small and my husband being a fairly big man just about got into it .and also being woken up very early by the hotel cleaners who decided to converse outside which we felt was very incosiderate to all of the guest staying there .the breakfast room was a bit on the small side to which when we went down to breakfast on our first morning , there was no room .so we therefore went to the local shops to purchase provisions for breakfast of which we ate in our room .an expense that we have not expected to have when we had already paid for bed and breakfast .we also felt that the bed linen should be changed more often especially in the summer months.the staff apart from one person were rather rude and uncurtious would we visit prague again yes would we stay at this hotel unfortunately NO

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you for your opinion, although itś not nice for me.
I hope you will enjoy your next time in Prague.
Have a nice time

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have now stayed at the Amadeus on three occasions within the last year and each time have been so pleased with the level of accommodation provided (see my previous review).

Some previous reviewers seem to have a problem with the length and gradient of the walk into the centre of the city. I always use the parallel back roads either up to the nearest tram stop or carry on for the remainder of the short walk to the Powder Tower. These roads from the Amadeus are much quieter than walking the main street and are much more interesting in terms of architectural value. The other benefit is that you sidestep the main gradients. The local maps are usually sufficiently comprehensive.

The last time I stayed at the Amadeus was again as a solo traveller and had booked single accommodation. When I reached the hotel, I found that I had been given, at no extra cost, a beautiful double room decorated in blue and white. Presumably this was only possible as it was out of season and there was spare capacity.

As with my previous visits, I could not fault the levels of cleanliness and service provided at the Amadeus and for me the accommodation's location has never presented any problems whatsoever.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank MaryM03
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I booked my room in Prague a bit too late so I had very little choice of hotels. I wont complain anything about the stay...found the place decent. However I found this place a bit too far from the bus and metro station. I would prefer another hotel which is a stone throw away from the public transport so that dont have to waste much time walking up and down every morning. Also if you are approaching from Florenc station there is a bit of uphill walk.
The breakfast was ok but compared to most other B&B's there was little choice to exercise at the breakfast.
Overall I would suggest this place to people who are on a budget trip an want to stay in Prague for more than 2 days. In case you are staying for about 2 days stay closer to the town centre even if it means paying a 10 - 15 euros more every day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pandegaurav
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I have stayed at the aparthotel on two occasions recently - once in June 2010 (during the World Cup) with my husband and two teenage children and more recently on my own, last November. My elder son lives in Prague at the moment and he recommended the hotel to us in the first instance. I find it difficult, therefore, to understand some of the detrimental comments made about the hotel.

When in Prague in previous years, I have stayed in a 4/5* hotel and another 3* hotel but have enjoyed staying at the Amadeus more - although the 4/5* was gorgeous.

The first time, we booked a four-bed, two-roomed apartment which was beautifully clean and very spacious with a mini balcony on the front elevation, decorated mainly in blue and white - even the teenagers were impressed!

The breakfasts in the mornings were served in the lovely restaurant decorated in a French rusticated style and really made you feel uplifted for the day ahead - again the teenagers were impressed and actually wanted to get up early(ish)! The food was of a high standard for continental-type breakfast and was gorgeously arrayed with something a little different each day. It was equally as good when I stayed on the second occasion in the winter.

Some people seem to have been unnecessarily perturbed by the location but I have found it to have a lot of old world charm, situated in a quiet area but with a preponderance of good inexpensive bars/restaurants. In fact the district, Zizkov, is cited as having the highest concentration of pubs, per capita, in the world yet is quiet and much less frenetic than the centre of town.

The last time I stayed at the hotel I had only booked a single room but found when I got there that I had been given a lovely large double room. Even when there as a woman on my own I have never felt unsafe. It is fairly close to the Economics Faculty of Prague University and 10 minutes walk from the main railway station. You can take a shortcut through the railway station pedestrian underpass to bring you out at the Prague State Opera at the top of Wenceslas Square if you require a more lively night. There are also plenty of trams on the main road that can take you into town, although I generally walk it..

I find it difficult to find fault with the Amadeus and hope to stay there again in March when I next go over to see my son.

Someone has alluded in another post to the fact that there are two Amadeus hotels in Prague
and possibly there has been confusion on occasions when leaving feedback. I did see a reference on one occasion to the proximity of the river but that cannot be Aparthotel Amadeus. The other hotel is much closer to the river.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
19  Thank MaryM03
Amadeus_manager, Manager at Hotel Amadeus, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

Dear madam,
I can´t express how I am pleased about your words.
I think nice experiences of our guests are the best way how to encourage our staff to do their work well and provide better and better services.
I thank you very much for your time and words.
Have a nice time

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Positives
- excellent location
- clean
- polite receptionist
- free and working internet connection
- price

Negatives
- very small single room
- not working TV and telecontrol (it was exchanged against a working one)

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank rbbrno

Thank you to share your experience.
Sorry, We have 3 standard single rooms that are smaller, it is large according rules for hotel single room but .... We usually use them only when the hotel is fully booked.
Most of hotel rooms are doubles and apartments.
I am sorry for trouble with TV, some client try to tune up programms on TV and the result is untuned TV.
I hope you will visit us again
have a nice time