“Convenient location and big rooms”

Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague
Ranked #20 of 649 Hotels in Prague
The Netherlands
“Convenient location and big rooms”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We arrived late one Friday night. The reception was vey welcoming. The rooms were big. The bed consisted out of 2 single beds, but this wasn't a problem for us. I liked the fun table with built in mirror. Bathroom was spacious with bath. Only minus is that there was no particular view, but we were out all day.
Good value, excellent service and walkable distance to the old center.
The restaurant had some good options and staff was nice to make a chat.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear guest,

we would like to thank you for sharing such a nice review with Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As hospitality professionals we are committed to provide excellent service and I am pleased to hear that you received a warm welcome while you arrived to our hotel and that you liked the room which was prepared for you. We are glad that apart from visiting main sites of Prague you found time to visit even our restaurant.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel when your travels bring you back to Prague!

General Maganer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to fit in with the APT tour commencing in Prague.
The service, room and location was excellent.
Easy walk to the Old Town Square, Charles Bridge and all things Prague.
Only complaint was that they seem to have difficulty in getting the coffee in the morning hot. Not sure what the story was there.

Right around the corner from a full serve laundry, cafe's, especially Paul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear guests,

We appreciate your kind comments shared with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel and that you found the location comfortable and easy for exploring Prague's main attractions. I will inform my colleagues at La Rotonde restaurant regarding the low temperature of coffee served during breakfasts. We value your feedback.

We hope to welcome you again when your travels bring you back to Prague

Glenrothes, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed at Radisson in November 2013 to celebrate my wife's birthday. Booked a birthday meal in advance at the Alcron restaurant and was not disappointed. From arrival the staff was excellent and helpful and immediately congratulated my wife on her birthday. Breakfast was excellent with plenty choice and kept us full all morning!

The birthday meal at Alcron was just perfect. Not cheap but good value for Michelin star food. Staff attentive and brought a surprise cake for my wife. Following the meal, we returned to the room to find chilled champagne and another birthday cake!!

We have stayed at other Radissons and would definitely recommend this hotel for a central break in Prague.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing such a nice review regarding your stay at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel with tripadvisor community. Thank you for choosing our hotel to celebrate your wife's birthday. Restaurant Alcron which was awarded Michelin star belongs to one of the best in Prague and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your dinner there. It is always nice to hear that our staff was helpful and attentive, I will pass your nice comments to them.

We appreciate your feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you in Prague again!

With best regards,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed for 6 nights in October and found my room was spacious, clean with a bathroom with bath and shower. The buffet breakfast was terrific - the range of food available cancelled out the need for lunch! The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is located very close to Wenceslas Squarewhich makes it extremely central almost everything in Prague.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank mwaller3
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments shared here on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know you enjoyed our hotel and your trip to Prague.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Alcron and should your future travels bring you back to Prague, we hope to welcome in our hotel again.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If I did not end up staying at another hotel in Prague later in my week I would have easily given this hotel a 5 out of 5. I ended up at the Hilton Old Town and found that to be a better hotel. This is not to say the Radisson is BAD, just the Hilton made me feel more at home and comfortable.

So, the Radisson has an excellent location. It is literally a block away from Wenceslas Square. It is across the street from this gallery with a music hall called the Lucerna. I ended up seeing a band there for real cheap - would not have found this place if I wasn't staying at the Radisson. Ticket was 450 CZK (~$22 USD), concert was in English and great!

The property is well maintained, and is very clean. It feels the smallest bit dated in some areas (namely the lobby) but it is ok.

The breakfast is amazing. I would probably suggest booking the rate without the breakfast and adding it on to your room there, as it ended up being cheaper. I saw some complaints from other users saying that they never changed the breakfast. Well my response is "who cares when the food is awesome?" Waffle/omelette station. Home made yogurt. Fresh squeezed orange juice machine. Fresh fruit and vegetables with a nice selection of cold cuts.

The staff was very helpful. The concierge was very helpful. I had ordered the shuttle from the airport, which was nowhere to be found. I called the girl at the desk and she was very helpful and we figured it out. The shuttle is 600 CZK flat rate, which is actually very good. Definitely opt for it if you need. The front desk gentlemen were also very helpful. I am hoping and praying that they mailed my postcards (I paid 30 CZK/postcard...it has been a week, but I have been told it can take 7-10 days to get to the US recipients).

So the places where I knock the hotel:
Well, the Hilton, for example, didn't require me to use my key card to enable the electricity. I was alerted before I came to the country that several hotels have this feature (drawback?). When I saw the Hilton didn't have it, let alone the hotel in the little town I visited 2 hours outside of Prague, it made me think negatively of the Radisson since it has it. It is a bit annoying, frankly.

No conditioner. They provide shampoo, body gel and hand moisturizer, but no conditioner...argh.

The rooms are rather small. I had a single, which is fine, I was alone, but it was smaller than I would have liked.

Parking is a bit expensive. I had a rental car. Parking here was 900 CZK/night (~$45/night). Hilton was cheaper and was more accessible.

The closet was a bit...short, thanks to the shelves below it taking space. Odd design. Hilton closet was full height.

Other notes:
They provide a complementary umbrella in the hotel which was a nice touch as it rained while I was there.
Yes, there is a safe.
Yes, there is free wireless.
There are several rooms on the top floors which have a great view of the castle. It is worth asking of their availability.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel. We would like to thank you for sharing such a nice and detailed review with tripadvisor community.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast served at La Rotonde restaurant and that our staff was always nice and helpful during your stay. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with tranfer from the airport. It is nice to hear that our concierge did her best to assist you to find the driver. I will definitely pass your nice words to her. Please be assured that postcards were sent from our hotel, delivery time depends on the post service. Next time please do not hesitate to book a higher category room, which offer more space and luxury.

We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome as our guest again when your travels bring you back to Prague.

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Friendly Staff, great location and nice size rooms.

My room included a tub and separate shower, great deal/work area and very fast internet connection.

The breakfast buffet was amazing with made to order eggs, lots of fresh fruits and breads

With a 2 min walk to the main square the location is perfect

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your review posted here on TripAdvisor.

We are happy you enjoyed the room with free high-speed WiFi Internet, our breakfast and the hotel's proximity to the main square.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and we hope to welcome as our guest again in the future.

Bunbury
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed for three nights in September. Greeted by friendly, helpful staff who couldn't do enough. Lovely deluxe room with everything we needed. Immaculate presentation everywhere. Everything under the sun for breakfast. Only a short walk to Wenceslas Square. Central to everything, easy to pick up tours. Happy memories of a great city and this great hotel contributed to it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluAlcron, General Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind comments shared with the TripAdvisor community.

We are delighted to know you have enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel in Prague. We value your feedback and will share it with our entire team.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Prague and we hope to welcome you again in the future.