“Excellent, as always”

Ranked #20 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Prague
“Excellent, as always”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Well, what can I say. I just love this hotel. This was the third time that I stayed there and I really enjoyed that.

As a matter of fact, I live in Prague, but since our company has an annual conference in the area, I'm always offered a stay at a hotel. And we always stay at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel.

I can recommend the hotel to every single tourist as well as a business man. The location is lovely with the Wanceslas Square just around the corner, from which you can have a pleasant stroll to the Old Town Square with its famous Clock.

The hotel itself is very stylish. It is designed in so called art-deco design, which is not steel-glass-modern but more like cozy-classy-modern.

I only stay at the hotel once a year, since I am local, but whenever I travel I like Radisson hotel. This I here is one of the best I would say and I don't think I say this because I am a Praguer. :-)

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank goofy75
alankodera, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Alcron Hotel, Prague, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Dear Guests,

We are delighted you enjoy our hotel every time you have the chance to stay here.
We appreciate your time to share these nice and insightful comments with other travellers, and I am sure they are even more appreciated coming from a local.

Thank you once again for the review and we look forward to having you in our hotel in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We recently stayed for three nights at the Radisson Blu and we couldn't fault it. The staff are obviously well trained and it shows as they are courteous and willing to help with any requests we had. We also dined in the restaurant and the food was excellent. The waiting staff were attentive but not intrusive and the food was well presented and delicious! We decided to dine in the bar one evening and the food was equally as good. It was also amusing to see different cocktails being made as we were seated at the bar and very entertaining! The bar man was very chatty and spoke excellent English. The room was very spacious and well appointed and we were asked if we wanted a quiet room as the hotel was not full so we were on the 6th floor which was indeed very quiet. Prague is a beautiful city and the hotel is ideally located near Wencelas Square to explore on foot. All in all we enjoyed our stay very much and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Furryfriendlover
Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay in our hotel.
It is a pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and have left here with a nice memory of Prague and your experience in general. We hope this will contribute positively on your decisions for future travels .

We look forward to welcoming you in our hotel in the future.

London
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed at the Raddison Blu Alcron for three nights over Christmas and had a thoroughly pleasant stay. Personally, I absolutely loved the art deco designed furnishings and the whole hotel had a very classic atmosphere but with all the modern appointments of a first-class business hotel. Staff were extremely professional yet very friendly (the concierge was very helpful in helping us find somewhere to eat on Christmas Eve). We had a different cocktail at the Be Bop Bar each evening - each was fab and the bar staff were brilliant! The variety of the breakfast buffet was exceptional. Centrally located, the hotel is very well positioned for sightseeing in the city. We would definitely stay at this hotel again on a return visit to Prague.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank RubyTuesday0404
Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on tripadvisor.com.
We are pleased to find out that you had an enjoyable stay and that you intend to come back in the future. We do offer concierge services and with this we try to help our guests as much as possible to manage to get as much as possible out of their trips here, by planning tours, arranging restaurants, booking private guides, or any other arrangements our guests request in order to have a better experience in Prague. Our staff are very enthusiastic about their job, and from what you wrote here, it seems you have felt it yourself.

On behalf of our entire team here at the Radisson Blu Alcron, I would like to thank you for your stay and for the positive comments, and we look forward to having you back in Prague.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 25, 2012

The hotel staff is one of the most respectful and cordial I have experienced in all my years traveling around E. Europe. I have visited Prague many times and the Radisson Blu was the one place that truly felt like home. I was greeted with a smile every time returning from a day traveling around that magical city. They do their best to make you feel like you are home even in a foreign city.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Matt K
Dear Guests,

We are delighted to learn that you felt like home in our hotel.
It is really important to us to know our guests feel welcome and comfortable.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review on tripadvisor.com.

We look forward to having you back in our hotel.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 22, 2012

This is the fourth time that my Wife and i have visited Prague for the Christmas market. We decided to stay at the Radisson because we called in last Year for drinks and found that the Hotel had a wonderful ambience. We were upgraded to a Junior suite on arrival and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful during our weeks stay. Room was large, well equipped and comfortable. Location is just off Wenceslav square so perfect and the Hotel was very quiet at night with no noise pollution.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Peter H
Dear Guests,

We appreciate you taking the time to post this review on tripadvisor.com.
We are delighted to hear that you had a good experience with us and we hope to have you as guests in the future as well.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I was staying in hotel in recently and I really enjoyed my stay at Radisson. Fantastic location right next to Wenceslav square, great Front Office and Bar staff, smooth and pleasant check-in and check out. Staff was smiling everytime i was passing lobby and was really helpful. I will definitely come back to Alcron, when I will come to Prague again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Tomas09183
Michigan
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I was in Prague for a short time. Because of this, I never spent much time in the room, and I never ate in the hotel. That said, the hotel is very good, the front desk was great, check-in was simple, and the concierge was helpful. Who can ask for more? Prague was also BEAUTIFUL!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business