“A bit of a let down” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 669 Hotels in Prague
London
“A bit of a let down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel is nicely decorated, rooms spacious, staff very pleasant, good housekeeping & the location is excellent.

We enjoyed staying here but there were two issues:

1) the on selling is aggravating - as we were checking in we were asked if we'd like to upgrade to a more expensive room. we said no thank you - nevertheless the receptionist then found a room that was "nicer" than the one we'd booked & offered us a deal on it - i really don't want to have this kind of negotiation in public at reception - it spoils the arrival. I could have forgiven it if the same thing didn't happen in the restaurant - 4 times in one meal we were offered fresh truffles on our dishes - the table of 5 people nearyby joked that they'd be offered truffles on their desserts so obviously we all got the same treatment.

2) the food in the cafe/restaurant is expensive & only italian - not a czech dish to be had - again if it had been very good i might have lived with it but mediocre expensive food is a pain.

We'll try another hotel if we return to Prague.

Room Tip: A river or partial river view room is lovelier than the driveway.
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank talkative

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Right from the start I have to make my position clear by saying “I love the Four Seasons”. I have stayed in many of their properties (Dublin, Buenos Aires and Marrakech) and I have celebrated some of my most important life events in the Four Seasons (my honeymoon and my 40th birthday) so you know my position – I love the Four Seasons.

I was collected from the airport and taken to the hotel by a Four Season’s driver and car; the driver was friendly and played a U2 album on the journey. I asked if this was because I was Irish or just coincidence and he said ‘yes, both’. I stayed for 2 nights 22 and 23 November. The Four Seasons Prague is well located beside the Charles Bridge and near main shopping streets. All the staff are friendly and speak English.

When we came down for breakfast on our first morning we were disappointed that the first table we were offered was immediately next to another table that was occupied; this is one of my pet hates and I really don’t understand this policy when there are plenty of free tables available. We weren’t very hungry so just ordered Eggs Benedict for two (one with ham and one with salmon); with this we had one cup of coffee, one cup of tea and some orange juice. It was my misunderstanding completely that I didn’t realise that we had booked the Four Seasons Prague on a room-only basis and breakfast was not included in our rate. I was HORRIFIED that we were charged 78Euro for breakfast.

Our room was on the 7th Floor and despite my initial excitement the view from the room was poor. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable. The Four Seasons Prague is good but not great. If you are on a room-only rate you need to have deep pockets and short arms…

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank GFPDUB
Hunter Valley, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The renaissance room was magic! What more could you want the view looks onto the Prague Castle. Location, service, food and rooms were just gorgeous! Highly recommend this hotel to travelers. Beauty within.

• Stayed December 2011
Short Hills, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Imagine the magic in spending a few days in the wonderland of Prague and be able to overlook the Vltava River, only two blocks from the Charles Bridge, the oldest bridge across the river and the only pedestrian bridge at that. The rooms are beautiful and the sevice is first class as one would expect from the Four Seasons. If you get homesick, you are not very far from TGI Fridays, which is right next door to that old Chechoslavakian favorite, Hagen Daas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
1 Thank destis
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights n August. Quite pricey and the rooms were really nothing special. Has a nice breakfast area/bar and balcony with a great view across the river to the palace. We used the hotel limo which was great. Well located beside the bridge and near luxury shopping streets. Not sure I would stay there next time in Prague.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I had never been to Prague, we loved it. The Four Seasons was perfect. We were on the 6th floor which had excellent views over the river and bridges. We ate in their restaurant and ate very well. Friendly staff and quick service. I had a facial and body massage and both were very professional and good. I would go back, probably when there is snow as the city is so beautiful.

Room Tip: Ask for a river room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

We were collected from the airport and taken to the hotel. Concierge took our luggage, we were shown to our room and given an outline of the facilities available. We asked for several bookings to be made and they were all done by the time we went downstairs for lunch. Lunch in Cotto Crudo was very good and service again was excellent.
When we got back from the Opera, room service had seen birthday cards in our room and taken it upon themselves to place a cake, plates, napkins on the table! that was so lovely.
We sat overlooking the river for Breakfast and it was a really relaxed experience with extensive menu choice and great service.
After a day out we came back to our room and my partner noticed that they had placed a book mark in his book!
All the staff were friendly and spoke English and showed appreciation that I had learnt a few words in Czech. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2012