“Great service, location and classy hotel”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #43 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Wexford, Ireland
“Great service, location and classy hotel”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Really enjoyed our stay, great breakfast and the service is just fantastic. Located less than a 10 minute walk from the Old Town Square, beside a great shopping centre, trams/metro and the infamous Casa Argentina. Just a great place, will stay there again!

Room Tip: Superior Glass Deluxe on the 6th floor was just lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear UrBrownEyes,

Thank you so much for your kind review and for sharing your experiences about your stay at Hotel Josef with us and other readers on TripAdvisor.
It was delightful to read that you liked our property, breakfast and the service our staff provided you with. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future!

Andrea Járvás

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is a great hotel ticking all of the boxes. The rooms are incredibly spacious and the bathrooms are lovely. The rooms are everything you could hope for, and complimentary water bottles are such a nice touch.
Location is convenient. I would have no hesitations whatsoever returning to or recommending Hotel Josef to friends. Fantastic! If you are going to Prague, this is the one, look no further. It blows some more expensive European hotels out of the water.
I stayed in what was probably their worst room (lower floor with a view of nothing/some other windows) but was still so happy with it.

NB: I can't vouch for the breakfast as we ate elsewhere.

Room Tip: They are honestly probably all great. I think we stayed in the worst room (lower floor, no view) and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear alittlefallofrain,

What a lovely review! Thank you so much for posting it on our TripAdvisor.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef and it makes me really happy to know that you were satisfied with our services and also the little touches is your room, like the complimentary water bottles.
I was sorry to read that even though you found so many features of your room to your liking, it still not completely suit your preferences. It is at the core of our service to exceed our guests' expectations, so please do not hesitate to contact me at guestrelations@hoteljosef.com before your next stay with us, and I will be more than pleased to hear about your requests so we can contribute to an even better experience.
Thank you once more for your wonderful feedback and I look forward to seeing you whenever you visit Prague again!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Visited this hotel for a wedding. The architecture is very interesting, designed by Eva Jiricna, an architect known to locals, as I was informed. Small clever solutions will impress you. I rarely use the fitness centre when travelling, this time I could not resist the rooftop view of the top level fitness centre with fresh fruits, free drinks and quality Technogym machines. Very friendly room service and finally a hotel with great ironing quality.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HotelJosef, Reception Supervisor at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear RobyGlobal,

Thank you very much for kind words about the service you received with us. We are pleased to read that you appreciated the small touches. I do not think that anyone has mentioned our ironing before. We are certainly glad you noticed!

If ever you are in Prague, we would be happy to have you here with us again.

Best regards,

Tolu Oke

Reception Supervisor
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My 20 year old daughter and I recently stayed at the Hotel Josef in Prague, Czech Republic. We would both highly recommend this hotel. The location was great - 5 to 10 minute walk from the Jewish Quarter as well as from the Old Town Center. Design is wonderful; sleek and modern. Very "cool". When my daughter and I arrived, the front desk told us that we had booked a certain type of room but they had taken the liberty of upgrading us (for no additional charge) to a different room and - well - to say the least, it was perfect. On the top floor with a deck, stunning nightime view of the Prague Castle and plenty of room for us together. The staff was very attentive to everything we needed. The breakfast which is included is stellar - best included hotel breakfast I have ever had! We did use the driver service from the airport to the hotel and back which we would highly recommend. Not knowing the area at all, it made our lives so much easier and the driver there even gave us a bit of a tour on the way to the hotel. We would both recommend this hotel to anyone we know and would book to stay there again if we ever return.

Room Tip: would definitely choose the "superior" room to get a bit larger room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SeattleTraveler110
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear SeattleTraveler110,

Thank you for having chosen Hotel Josef for your stay in Prague as well as for taking the time to write and post your positive feedback on our TripAdvisor page.
We loved to read your kind comments regarding all the features you liked here. It is especially nice to know that you appreciated the complimentary upgrade we provided you with and that we managed to contribute to a pleasant and enjoyable holiday. Thank you also for mentioning how attentive our staff were and we are really glad that you were satisfied with the kind help they provided you with.
We hope to see you again at Hotel Josef!

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I have just got back from a long weekend staying at Hotel Josef in Prague.
The hotel is absolutely lovely and I would definitely recommend it. It is very modern and clean. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Our driver was arranged by the hotel and he was there to pick us up at the airport and told us all about the city on our way to the hotel. The reception staff were welcoming. The lady on concierge was really helpful recommending tours and on one evening ringing around restaurants until she was able to book one for us (tip - be sure to book restaurants in advance for Friday and Saturday night). The barman who worked everyday we were there was also really friendly and helpful.
The room was lovely. We had 3 people in there so had one camp bed but that was to be expected as we wanted to squeeze 3 beds in!
The hotel is in a great location for sightseeing. Walking distance to everything but not right next to any noisy bars etc.
We had the breakfast included and I would recommend doing this as it was delicious. Buffet breakfast including everything you could want. You also get to pick one item from the breakfast menu which is especially cooked for you.
Overall a great experience and i would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Jan P,

I would like to thank you for leaving the above review on our TripAdvisor page regarding your recent stay at Hotel Josef.
Your wonderful feedback is a great motivation for the whole team, thank you for mentioning how helpful and friendly our staff were. It was my pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast as well.
I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay with us!

Best Regards,
Manfred Tobolka
Paris, France
Reviewed May 13, 2014

As I was going to participate in the Prague Marathon, I was looking for a hotel near the finish line. Hotel Josef got my attention for its modern design and decoration, and as it was close to the Old Town (start and finish point of the marathon) and had some good reviews I decided to book it.

About the location, it's really well-located. It's 5 min walking from Old Town Square and the city center. Lots of restaurants and shops in a very charming part of the city.

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful. I've stayed in some nice hotels before, from big 5-star hotel chains to small family-owned B&Bs, and I got to say that this was the hotel I felt most welcome (and on the race day, they offered fruits and drinks to the runners!).

Regarding the hotel and the room, there's nothing to say... The hotel is very clean, with a nice and modern decoration. The room is big, lots of sunlight (stayed at the top floor). It contained a Nespresso machine and top-of-the-line tv and soundsystem. I can't find anything to complain!

I know this review might seem exaggerated, but I really had an amazing stay there, and I'll surely stay there again whenever I go to Prague!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear flavouz,

Thank you so much for sharing your review with us and other readers on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in Prague at Hotel Josef. We were delighted to have you here for the Prague Marathon and would like to thank you for having chosen us.
It was lovely to hear how much you appreciated the little touches we added to your stay and we truly hope that we managed to contribute to a successful run at the marathon. We are glad that you liked so many aspects of your stay, such as your room and our prime location, and we are especially proud to know that you felt here the most welcome during your trips so far!
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for next year's marathon!

scotland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This proved to be an excellent choice of Hotel. I can recommend the airport pickup which ensured a quick and easy transfer to the Hotel. Our driver Thomaz was charming and was happy to give us lots of information about the city and its people. Check in was quick and easy as was check out. Our room which was a standard one was fresh, bright, clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and there was a very good shower above the bath.
Perhaps the best thing was the location, a very short walk took you to the Old town square and there were numerous restaurants on the doorstep. We were able to walk everywhere in this lovely city and did not need to use any transport apart from the tram to the top of the castle hill. We were able to buy tram tickets at reception which was very handy.
If you like modern hotels I am sure you will love Hotel Josef

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weelassieScotland
Dear weelassieScotland,

It was delightful to read your positive review on our TripAdvisor page, thank you for taking the time to write and post it! We are grateful for your kind comments about our staff, your room and our location and we are really glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!