“Modern, clean and highly recommended”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #44 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here for the first time on a recent business trip to Prague and was very impressed. At first glance of the room it seemed basic and small but actually it had everything I could possibly need, was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was great with lots of choice and staff were helpful and polite.Well located and much nicer than some of the bigger 'chain' hotels which lack character and are overpriced. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear BizTravAnd,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us on our TripAdvisor page.
I am pleased to know that your recent stay at Hotel Josef was pleasant, and I am delighted that you liked our breakfast and appreciated the helpful attitude of our staff.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay in Prague!

Manfred Tobolka

There are newer reviews for Design Hotel Josef Prague

Reviewed December 19, 2013

When we arrived, our rooms were unfortunately not ready. We got transferred to the sister hotel, Hotel Maximilian. To make up for the inconvenience, the hotel provided a free transfer and breakfast. The rooms were clean, hotel staff were very friendly, and the buffet breakfast was delicious. Distance to old town by foot is approximately 5 minutes. I would definitely recommend Hotel Josef to anyone who visits Prague.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear lilianchau,

Thank you for providing us with your kind review on our TripAdvisor page. We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay here despite the small inconvenience, and we are truly happy to know that you liked our property.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel really is in ine of the best locations in Prague, only a five minute walk from the Old a Town Square, but that isn't just what makes it a perfect place to stay - it's modern, clean, stylish and so comfortable. Plus, the staff are truly lovely and very helpful!

Our only reservation is the breakfast was about £15 extra per day, so we didn't bother as this is extortionate, especially in Prague where you can get a great, large breakfast for about £3 in many places.

This doesn't mean we wouldn't stay again though!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Rachel E,

Please allow us to thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other readers on TripAdvisor.
It was delightful to read how much you liked our hotel and we would especially like to thank you for mentioning the helpfulness of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I fell in love with the design of this hotel, down to the minute details of the things in the room! It's very modern with some beautiful contemporary art.
The breakfast was really good, and the longest serving buffet I've ever come across! Staff were extremely nice and helpful too.
Our room was very nice, I particularly like bathrooms with a glass partition separating them from the bedroom area. (Only the sink is visible)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear azeebazee,

Many thanks for your gorgeous review on our TripAdvisor page!
We are really glad that you have good memories of your stay at Hotel Josef and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I can't say enough good about the Josef. They treat you the way you want to be treated when you're away from home. I, unfortunately, got quite sick a day after we arrived, and the staff was very sweet. They continually asked about me and expressed concern. They brought tea and hot water with lemon to my room. We also learned, as a result of my illness, that they offer room service which I had had no reason to utilize on my previous visit. The salad, soup and cheeseburger we ordered were all quite good and their presentation on a rolling cart was lovely. The breakfast here cannot be topped. It is off-the-hook. Because I had strep and couldn't swallow much, it was wonderful that I had so many choices of soft things to eat....the fresh grapefruit sections were a lifesaver, as were poached eggs on the benedict, and the rice pudding special option on our last morning. The Josef is also fine with you bringing food back to your room from the breakfast and we packed up little ham and cheese sandwiches to take with us on our train ride to Berlin. You're also provided with two bottles of water in your room every day. Lots of little touches that save the traveler money. And there's a DVD player in each room and a pretty good library of film offerings at the front desk. These kept me occupied when I wasn't sleeping.

They will also, for a disclosed fee, send a car to meet you at the train station (or, I assume, airport) for transit to the hotel.

I love this place!!!!

Room Tip: I've always faced the courtyard and it's been nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear clapton1,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review as well as for having chosen Hotel Josef for the second time.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here and appreciated the service our staff provided you with. I am sorry to know that you got sick, but I hope you recovered quickly and you could still have a wonderful time in Prague.
Once more, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

Manfred Tobolka

Reviewed December 13, 2013

A beautiful modrn " boutique hotel" a jewel nestled in the historic old town.
Walking out of the hotel onto the cobbled back streets of old town is quite surreal.

The rooms are very well appointed although the modern twist of open plan ensuite may not please all.

Staff were so helpful and friendly , some of the best we have experienced on our many travels.
Lovely breakfast with many options
Would def stay here again and recommend highly

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear 750Davep,

We would like to thank you for your positive comment on our TripAdvisor page.
It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef, and we are also happy to know that you appreciated the service our staff provided you with.
We would be happy to see you again any time you come back to Prague!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel Josef is located very centrally and is a great place to stay if you want to maximise your time in this great city.
Breakfast in the hotel is AMAZING with much variety and available from 6.30 - 12.30 (the longest serving buffet breakfast we've ever encountered).
The staff were extremely helpful, even packing us a bag of free bottled water before our departure! As it was our honeymoon, they left sweet treats for us in our room on arrival with a lovely note from the manager, welcoming us to the hotel.
The standard room is relatively small but has everything you need and really wasn't a problem for us, since we were out sightseeing most of the time.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: The Pink Building which contains half the rooms is more convenient and is accessible right beside th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Katrina S,

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous feedback with us and other readers! We would also like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for such a special occasion as your honeymoon, and we are pleased to know that you liked the sweet treats in your room.
We are really glad that we managed to make your stay a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again!