“One of my fav hotels in the world!”

Design Hotel Josef Prague
Ranked #40 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I fell in love with the design of this hotel, down to the minute details of the things in the room! It's very modern with some beautiful contemporary art.
The breakfast was really good, and the longest serving buffet I've ever come across! Staff were extremely nice and helpful too.
Our room was very nice, I particularly like bathrooms with a glass partition separating them from the bedroom area. (Only the sink is visible)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear azeebazee,

Many thanks for your gorgeous review on our TripAdvisor page!
We are really glad that you have good memories of your stay at Hotel Josef and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Andrea Járvás

Write a ReviewReviews (2,579)

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I can't say enough good about the Josef. They treat you the way you want to be treated when you're away from home. I, unfortunately, got quite sick a day after we arrived, and the staff was very sweet. They continually asked about me and expressed concern. They brought tea and hot water with lemon to my room. We also learned, as a result of my illness, that they offer room service which I had had no reason to utilize on my previous visit. The salad, soup and cheeseburger we ordered were all quite good and their presentation on a rolling cart was lovely. The breakfast here cannot be topped. It is off-the-hook. Because I had strep and couldn't swallow much, it was wonderful that I had so many choices of soft things to eat....the fresh grapefruit sections were a lifesaver, as were poached eggs on the benedict, and the rice pudding special option on our last morning. The Josef is also fine with you bringing food back to your room from the breakfast and we packed up little ham and cheese sandwiches to take with us on our train ride to Berlin. You're also provided with two bottles of water in your room every day. Lots of little touches that save the traveler money. And there's a DVD player in each room and a pretty good library of film offerings at the front desk. These kept me occupied when I wasn't sleeping.

They will also, for a disclosed fee, send a car to meet you at the train station (or, I assume, airport) for transit to the hotel.

I love this place!!!!

Room Tip: I've always faced the courtyard and it's been nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear clapton1,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review as well as for having chosen Hotel Josef for the second time.
I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay here and appreciated the service our staff provided you with. I am sorry to know that you got sick, but I hope you recovered quickly and you could still have a wonderful time in Prague.
Once more, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for a future stay!

Manfred Tobolka

Reviewed December 13, 2013

A beautiful modrn " boutique hotel" a jewel nestled in the historic old town.
Walking out of the hotel onto the cobbled back streets of old town is quite surreal.

The rooms are very well appointed although the modern twist of open plan ensuite may not please all.

Staff were so helpful and friendly , some of the best we have experienced on our many travels.
Lovely breakfast with many options
Would def stay here again and recommend highly

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear 750Davep,

We would like to thank you for your positive comment on our TripAdvisor page.
It was great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef, and we are also happy to know that you appreciated the service our staff provided you with.
We would be happy to see you again any time you come back to Prague!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hotel Josef is located very centrally and is a great place to stay if you want to maximise your time in this great city.
Breakfast in the hotel is AMAZING with much variety and available from 6.30 - 12.30 (the longest serving buffet breakfast we've ever encountered).
The staff were extremely helpful, even packing us a bag of free bottled water before our departure! As it was our honeymoon, they left sweet treats for us in our room on arrival with a lovely note from the manager, welcoming us to the hotel.
The standard room is relatively small but has everything you need and really wasn't a problem for us, since we were out sightseeing most of the time.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: The Pink Building which contains half the rooms is more convenient and is accessible right beside th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Katrina S,

Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous feedback with us and other readers! We would also like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for such a special occasion as your honeymoon, and we are pleased to know that you liked the sweet treats in your room.
We are really glad that we managed to make your stay a memorable one and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I traveled to Prague on vacation in Nov. 2013 and stayed at Hotel Josef based on the recommendation of a friend. Hotel Josef offered to have a car pick me up at the airport for 35 Euros. It was wonderful to not have to worry about how to travel to the hotel after a long flight. The staff at the hotel was incredibly friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, comfortable, and very spacious. The breakfast in the morning was wonderful, they even offered fresh vegetable and fruit juices that you could make yourself! They also offered a selection of DVDs at the front desk for free. I appreciated this as I did not venture out to the bars. Everything about this Hotel is wonderful and I would definitely recommend staying at Hotel Josef.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
HotelJosef, General Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Darcy R,

I am grateful for your positive review on our TripAdvisor page about Hotel Josef, thank you for posting it.
It was my pleasure to read that you had a pleasant stay here and I am sure that our team will be happy to hear how much you appreciated the service they provided you with.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future stay!

Manfred Tobolka

Reviewed December 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on my business trip to Prague, because I also wanted to stay a little bit in the middle of the city. The location is perfect: you just step outside the hotel and are in the middle of everything.

I liked the modern style of the hotel. It uses much glass, in the entrance as well as in the rooms, so it is very bright. The room was nice, the bed perfect, and I liked the coffee machine on the room.

I really liked the breakfast, with a wide variety of breads, stuff to put on it and various fresh fruits. You can also prepare your own fruit shake, and you get fresh dishes prepared in time, like an omelette.

The staff was very helpful. If you can ask for a neighborhood walk, so get shown the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear mfoegen,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write and post your kind review on our TripAdvisor page.
It is great to hear that you had a pleasant business stay here and we hope that you had time in your busy schedule to see the touristic side of Prague as well.
Thank you also for your kind comments regarding our staff for the service they provided you with.
We truly look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel rated high and recommended in my country's travel book. Initially I did not want to book it as too many travllers mean the facilities would get worn out. And nearby hotels are more convenient and cheaper. However, as the others were booked, finally choose Josef and I am glad i make the right choice.

The hotel is a more boutique hotel which can be a 3 star. However their staff are nice and friendly. When l ask the reception Jana about the location, she provided detail information and search on the website and showed me what it look like now in the computer, very considerate and human. The service and facilities include electric multi plug, nepresso coffee machine, foot blanket near bed, pocket map, umbrella which are all provided inside the rooms already and I encountered this the same in 5 star hotel. And they even did better and consider much than those 5 stars. Location is convenient. And the environment is not noisy. Bed is comfortable. And even with many visitors it is clean. Hope they can continue to keep up. As i will consider to book them when return to Prague.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
HotelJosef, Guest Relations Manager at Design Hotel Josef Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Dayday2013,

Many thanks for your kind feedback that you posted on our TripAdvisor page.
We truly value your positive comments and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Josef.
We look forward to seeing you again!