This hotel is perfect for a trip to Prague for people who are able to walk well.
The hotel is situated in a beautiful spot on the river, but it is a good 20/25 minute walk from the sites. Trams and buses are on your doorstep, but for those who like to walk it is ideal.
The bedrooms are beautiful and spacious, nicely decorated, very clean, with a payable mini bar which is very well stocked (however Tesco express is just around the corner too, and very cheap). The bathroom is fab - huge bath, with a large headed shower above - would not be great for the less able although there are more accessible rooms and slip mats available.Rooms do have shower gel and conditioner, hand cream but small bottles so take your own if you use a lot - hairdryer in room but no diffuser!!
Breakfast is served in a small room, but plenty of choice - fresh fruit, yogurts, meats, cheese, bread rolls, Danish pastries, cereal, and cooked Frankfurt sausage, ham, fried eggs and grilled tomatoes. Omelettes available at extra cost - minor cost!
There is also a bar area - small again but beautiful. We did not pay for a river view and overlooked a court yard - not an issue as we were hardly in - however a river view would be nice - but no seats to sit out on a veranda to look at the view - so may be a bit pointless - you decide!
Staff very helpful = provide maps etc!!! book taxis! Don't use taxis on streets charge a fortune - hotel know the ones to use!
The river at this end offers a good nightlife until 11pm - on the boats or by the river side, however it is across the bridge and no sound can be heard at the hotel.
Prague is fabulous - spectacular - visit all 5 areas - Jewish quarter, Old town, new town, little quarter and the castle area! But also visit the area - Peter and Paul church, beautiful gardens and church but off the usual visitors track! Don't bother with the Botanical Gardens - poor!!!!!
Beer at river can be as little as 75p a pint in the squares 3.75 a pint!
Food basic but pleasant - don't expect anything too great - try the goulash with dumplings - make sure you get dumplings!!!!
Def recommend you do a Segway Tour - www.Prague-segway-tours.com - they were great gave us lots of info, really nice guy - Tomash! Easy to use and get around very quickly 35 pound for an hour 45 for two hours etc !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located and boasting award-winning Art Nouveau-style design, the upscale Mamaison Boutique Hotel Riverside Prague provides ideal accommodation for both leisure and business travellers in the trendy Smichov district of Prague. Charming and sophisticated, Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague enjoys close connections to the city’s business districts, the airport and its main cultural attractions. With elegant accommodation, views and top facilities, the hotel offers fantastic rates for city stays in stylish and historic surroundings, making it one of the most charming boutique hotels in Prague and number one for your Prague hotel reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Riverside Prague
- Prague Mamaison Riverside Hotel