“Enjoyed our stay!”

Ranked #105 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Leeds, England
“Enjoyed our stay!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Booked this hotel for a short stay in January. It was within good distance of tram and subway stations so it is easy to get about. Didn't bother with their breakfast. Was a bit pricey. 15 euro p/p so we got ours from the Tesco round the corner. Rooms were really nice. Very big, Bed was really comfy. Carpet was really dirty though. But I'm not too picky about things like that. There was also a mini fridge in the room with plenty of choice. The hotel was freakishly quiet. Maybe that was why it was so cheap..... I didn't see any other guests in 4 days. I would absolutely recommend this hotel. And I would stay there again if I was to ever visit prague again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear valued traveler from Leeds,

thank you very much for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your visit at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

I would like to thank you for kind words first of all on the hotel and the room but also comfy bed, location and last but not least room amenities. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

On the other side I apologize for not perfect cleanliness of your room with regards of the carpet. We are as I write in the middle of general cleaning of entire hotel and all rooms will be througoutly deep-cleaned for next season.

We look forward to welcome you in Prague if your travel plans ever bring you back to our beautiful capital city.

With kindest regards to England,

Tibor BIELIK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I booked this hotel during a long weekend trip.
I booked transfer with the hotel from the airport and the driver was waiting for me once arrived.
Hotel is located south of the old city by the river.
Location is nice not very noisy and only a 10 mins walk away from the busy old town or 20 mins from the castle or other amenities.
I have booked a special offer on a standard room so not expecting lux, but i would probably try next time to get a room facing the river instead of the backyard.
Breakfast was ok and well attended.
Only low score would be on the front office staff, quite impersonal and not friendly, especially at check out time.
little bit of a smile would make a difference..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest, dear Daniele,

thank you very much for your visit and furthermore for a review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel in Prague posted here on Tripadvisor.

First of all, we are very happy to see your satisfaction with pick-up services as well as breakfast - last but not least on location that is many times very crucial and important for our guests.

I personally apologize for all the inconveniences during your visit regarding not friendly approach from our front office staff. I very much apologize for these troubles and will address your concerns to the FO Manager to address the team.

I do hope that your recent stay was not the last one and would give the Riverside Hotel chance to prove its qualities. Please contact me directly at tbielik@mamaison.com when making a new reservation and I will make sure your stay would be one to remember.

Kind regards and all the best to the UK,

Brisbane
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had a pleasant stay at this hotel for three nights. The rooms were spacious and the bathroom was huge. I did have trouble sleeping and didn't find the beds at all comfortable. The bar was nice but quiet expensive, I suggest making the most of happy hour! Staff were nice and friendly. Wifi was free and had a strong signal. We didn't have a porter to take our bags up to our room either which was a little disappointing. The cleaning wasn't up to scrath however though, our beds weren't made properly, exposing the mattress and we found erasers under the heater in the bathroom which obviously belonged to someone else who had stayed in our room.

It wouldn't stay here again though as it isn't in a good location, although on the river, we had a courtyard view.. which wasn't great. It is about 30-40 minute walk to the old town and likewise to Prague Castle. Not an easy walk for older people and we are in our earlier 20s!

I'd recommend staying somewhere in Old Town as that's probably where you'd spend most of your time.

1 Thank Emma-Leigh S
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear valued guest, dear Emma,

thank you very much for your repeated visit and furthermore for a review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel in Prague posted here on Tripadvisor.

First of all, we thank you for your visit and we are very happy to see your satisfaction with room in general and staff approach that is many times very crucial and important for our guests.

I personally apologize for all the inconveniences during your recent visit. From what I was able to discuss with our chambermaid team we have taken immediate steps to prevent from occurring these issues for the future. I wish I was notified on these issues during your stay as I would immediately instruct to change the room and offer a complimentary refreshment at the bar.

I am also very sorry that the location itself was not convenient for you mention it is a 30-40 minutes walk to the downtown - actually, it is only about 15 minutes to the Charles Bridge and 20 to the Old town itself if you go along the river bank.

Kind regards and all the best to Brisbane,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We stayed here for a week in January and had a great time. Good location within walking distance of all attractions. Friendly and helpful staff and good cleaning. Wifi was available in our room with good signal.

1 Thank Dan S
Dear valued traveler, dear Dan from London,

I would like to thank you for kind words first of all on cleanliness of the hotel and the room but also on our location and last but not least staff. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

With kindest regards to the UK,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very nice and quiet hotel. Immaculately cleaned bedrooms, impeccable service. Great breakfast. We stayed at one of the bedrooms on the 6th floor and the view from the balcony was nothing but beautiful, it made us feel in love with Prague. Thanks for an unforgettable stay :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leonardo G
Dear valued traveler, dear Leonardo from Sydney,

thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your recent visit at Mamaison Riverside Hotel - Prague.

I would like to thank you for your comments on hotel in general, breakfast and last but not least our staff - who is dedicated to help people like you - our beloved guests.

I am personally very pleased to hear that you felt in love in Prague and that spectacular views from our rooms helped to find that love!

We appreciate very much your experience and we look forward to welcome you back if your travel plans ever bring you back to Prague.

With best regards to Australia,

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I recently booked a three day meeting and stay at the lovely Mamaison Riverside Prague hotel. All planning and logistics were done via Internet and by phone and the meeting went off without a hitch! The staff were very professional and accommodating with all of our requests, going so far as to translate menus for me to English and offering other helpful advice to assist in making arrangement.

Many of our attendees had transatlantic flights, flying overnight and arriving very early in the morning and the hotel's arrangements for ground transportation were very professional and timely. Guests were met and transported quickly to the hotel where guests were checked into their guestrooms upon arrival without a wait. The guestrooms were very nice and clean as was our meeting room which was lovely with natural light.

Our attendees felt well taken care of throughout their stay and have nothing but very positive reports on their experience and stay. Thank you to the friendly staff of Mamaison Riverside Hotel for taking such good care of our people, we greatly appreciate it and look forward to a future visit!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise S
Dear valued traveler, dear Denise from Luxington,

thank you very much for spending time and writing your extensive review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague here on Tripadvisor.com. We truly appreciate it.

We are very happy to see your satisfaction with overall stay, lobby bar, especially with organization of your meeting and help from the concierge and last but not least the rest of the staff, that made your trip and conference even more enjoyable.

We look forward to possibly welcome you or any of your colleagues in Prague on your future trips.

Kind regards and all the best to Kentucky,

Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here over New Years and were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and the check in/out was easy! The room was really clean and roomy and very warm which was nice coming in from the cold. The bathroom was spacious and the tub large. Our water pressure was great and it felt sometimes like a sauna in there and I loved it! We had a river view and was perfect! Short walk along either side of the river into the main part of town, ie. The Charles Bridge and the clock. Nice walk and glad we did not choose to stay right in the center of all the mayhem, esp on New Years Eve. We did not have breakfast here but we were given a few recommendations. The bar in the lobby is tiny but was ok for a late drink after walking around all day. TIP- If you need a taxi let the hotel ring for one or if you need to get one on the street ask how much and tell him you need a receipt. They will rip you off! Not many English speaking channels on the TV but who goes on vacation to watch TV? The bed was large but were 2 beds pushed together. The were VERY comfortable. Overall a great place and I would recommend this hotel to friends

1 Thank guinnessfeeney
Dear valued travelers from Philly,

thank you very much for spending time and writing your review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

We are very happy to see your satisfaction with overall stay, especially with room, cleanliness of our spacious bathroom including amenities and powerful shower and staff, that made your trip even more enjoyable. We hope that your New years Eve celebrations were as magical as possible and that you and your boyfriend had a fabulous time in Prague.

We look forward to possibly welcome you or any of your friends again on possible future occasions.

Kind regards and all the best to the USA,