first of all I have an apology to the Hotel.
I thought I had left a review after our visit in June but it appears I did not. Sorry !!
I find it necessary to apologise because this is a fantastic hotel with wonderful staff.
This was our first visit to Prague and we were celebrating our wedding anniversary. I contacted the Hotel prior to our visit asking for a river view explaining the circumstances of our visit.
when we arrived Julie my wife asked if the room had a river view, The receptionist said " your SUIT has a river and a castle view" Suit !! yes a wonderful suit in the top of the hotel. The room was fantastic yes as previous stated in other reviews it was a warm room. (we found by not using the air con it actually stayed cooler !! but fantastic views of the castle city and river. although close to a main road junction we never heard any traffic noise at all
(to be honest it would have been pretty difficult not to have a river view as we arrived at the height of the biggest flood on record and the city it's self was on red alert for flooding )
The staff were brilliant nothing too much trouble for them .. a special thank you to Michaela with whom I dealt with throughout..
Top Tips . 1 ...when we booked (jet 2 city break)I contacted the hotel separately and booked the hotel's limo to pick us up at the airport the chauffer was the waiting for us and so was a massive Mercedes ..took us right to the front door ...Where all the staff pilled out with umbrella's as it was pouring it down. The limo cost in the region of 30 euro's well worth it !! especially after talking to other holiday makers who had paid taxis somewhat more.
2..come out of the hotel main entrance turn right and walk to the main road with the tram lines.. turn right and walk to the end of the road no more than 10 minutes ..you then come to a large shopping centre and tram terminus there are lots of local bars and restaurants much cheaper than the main square for eating and drinking on a night... we had a 3 course meal inc 2 pints of beer 2 martini lemonades a Irish coffee and tea for £17 ..yes 17 quid !!! and we were stuffed . beer here is about £ 0.75 a pint in the old town about £4/5 a pint !
I Highly recommend the hotel ..... Will we be revisiting Prague? YES ...will we stay again at this hotel ? Without a doubt Y E S !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Uniquely located and boasting award-winning Art Nouveau-style design, the upscale Mamaison Boutique Hotel Riverside Prague provides ideal accommodation for both leisure and business travellers in the trendy Smichov district of Prague. Charming and sophisticated, Mamaison Hotel Riverside Prague enjoys close connections to the city’s business districts, the airport and its main cultural attractions. With elegant accommodation, views and top facilities, the hotel offers fantastic rates for city stays in stylish and historic surroundings, making it one of the most charming boutique hotels in Prague and number one for your Prague hotel reservation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mamaison Riverside Prague
- Prague Mamaison Riverside Hotel