Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague
$177
$73
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $84/night.

$333
Unitas Hotel(Prague)
$169
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

$202
$194
  • Breakfast included
Appia Hotel Residences Prague(Prague)
$227
$192
$124
Hotels.com
$150
$144
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $168/night.

$788
1,651 results
All reviewsriver viewcharles bridgecafe savoyold townacross the riverdancing houselovely hotelsmall balconyjunior suiteminute walkhotel barbreakfast roombeautiful cityclean hotelmain attractionswelcome drinkcity centre
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The trip didn't start off the best when we had a misscommunication about where in the train station we should meet their driver, but once we did meet up and get to the hotel it was great. The room was on the first floor (which I liked) and big enough for the two of us to unpack our things and spread out. I think we were given an upgrade as we had a fridge and Tea/Coffee facilities when we only had reserved a basic room. It was a nice touch. As mentioned by others, the Breakfast room was a bit small (and a tad bit expensive), but the selection was great and the staff eager to replace any item you wanted more of. I really can't say enough about the staff overall though. They were so helpful with our luggage, recommending places to eat (take their advice! They didn't let us down once), arranging early morning cab bookings and fetching me ice when a sore back slowed me down. I highly recommend this hotel for the staff and the great location (a short walk into the city with a great view from any of the bridges you take to get there).
However! There is one warning. The bathroom was beautiful but the tub was dangerous. High sided and no bathmat means you need to be very careful getting in and out of the shower.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and liked it. That meant, however, we probably heard a lot more noise than the average guest. Didn't really bother us except for one morning when someone in another room decided to blast Coolio. It was addressed by the staff fairly quickly.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MsLibby
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear valued traveler, dear Ms. Libby,

thank you very much for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your visit at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

I would like to thank you for your very kind words first of all on the room itself /including the complimentary upgrade/, location and last but not least staff. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

We look forward to welcome you in Prague if your travel plans ever bring you back to our beautiful capital city.

With kindest regards to Nova Scotia,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I visited Prague for the first time in June 2013 and stayed 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. Overall, our first impressions were favourable, but the hotel and rooms were let down by small details (the differences between a good hotel and a great one).
1. The handle on the ensuite door was set right against the frame resulting in bashed knuckles.
2. The sink did not have a plug, so impossible to wash or shave with a basin of hot water. Apparently, all the rooms were the same?
3. We booked a Deluxe Double room, which to our amazement, did not come with tea and coffee making facilities. Apparently, you need to go further up the scale to a Superior Room for these (the hotel did however provide them for us at no charge, so plus points for that).
4. No fridge or Mini Bar in the Deluxe Room.
5. The Breakfast Room in the Basement, was a little strange. It was like something from a 1960's Guest House - cramped with everyone wispering, so not to be overheard. Staff were slow to replace the dishes that had run out (which most had every time we visted the table!), but hovered over you to take your plates as soon as you had taken your last mouth full. All very odd!

1  Thank Robert B
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear valued guest, dear Robert,

thank you very much for your Mamaison Riverside Hotel review. We value both positive as well as constructive feedback on our performance.

First of all I am glad that your overall feeling was good and the impressions were favorable.
On the other side I am sorry that some issues have arisen and the stay was not according to your expectations. Let me react on the issues mentioned in the review. You have been staying in room 301 - which is Superior Room and Superior room is what you booked initially. Deluxe room is one level up, where coffee and team making facilities are included of course. However, as you mentioned, our reception staff quickly arranged and supplied you with those complimentary - normally, we charge 10 EUR for this service in Superior category. Again - as per the reservation confirmation we have on file this room category is exactly what you have booked with Rail Select.

Mamaison Riverside Hotel has some rooms /like 301/ where it is not possible to install the plug in the sink, we truly apologize for this technical issue, but the special sinks we have in few apartments technically do not allow to install them with the faucets we have in the bathrooms. We will discuss with our technician other solutions or would change the entire faucets.

Also, I would like to assure you that Mamaison Riverside hotel is equipped with all 4 * hotel standard amenities or services and we have minibar in every room. The minibar is right below the TV behind the glass in the bedroom, unfortunately I cannot post a picture to show you where it is located. The TV actually stands on top of the minibar so it is almost impossible to overlook it.

I am sorry for the troubles caused at the breakfast room, I would immediately discuss the service with our F&B Manager to improve on services so that situations like you mentioned would not happen again.

We hope to prove you next time that Mamaison Riverside Hotel took the additional mile to become a great hotel for you - our guests.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Mamaison Riverside Hotel. I travelled with a group of friends some of which also stayed at the hotel.
Communication before arrival was a nice touch and they acquiesced to many of my requests. The building both inside and out is beautiful, the room was very well finished with tasteful decor and a particularly fabulous bathroom. I really liked the in room safe with a built in plug socket, very clever.
Lovely views of the city.
It's a decent walk to Charles Bridge but you can get straight over the river toward Praha 1 fairly quickly and the walk gives you a chance to look at the fantastic architecture and scenic views.
I would definitely stay here again and although I went with friends it'd suit perfectly a romantic get away.
Oh I must mention the bed, it was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in.

Room Tip: If I were going with a significant other I'd consider getting a room with a view, depending on how my finances were at the time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear valued guest from Stockton-On-Tees,

thank you very much for posting your wonderful review on Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to see your satisfaction with your stay. I am proud especially on your nice comments on the building and it´s decor as well as rooms that you liked so much. Last but not least we thank you for your comment on the bed that you so proudly described as one of the most comfortable beds you've ever slept in.

We look forward to possibly welcome you in Prague on your other occasions.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Initially I thought the location on the left bank of the river would not be convenient for the tourist sites. I was wrong. This hotel has a wonderful river view and across to some of the famous buildings, including the Frank Gehry designed Dancing House. The river is always full of sightseeing boats, and the bank closest to the hotel has more than 20 swans preening every morning. The hotel staff speak perfect English, so getting questions answered is a breeze. Oour first night started with a stroll to the Old Town. The concierge told us to cross the bridge next to the hotel, to the other side, and walk along that side of the river towards Charles Bridge. What a good idea because on the way back we took the left hand side path along the river, which wasn't as easy (close to the sand bank) and less attractive. We didn't take breakfast in the hotel because we thought Euro 15 each would be too much and besides we wanted to explore the cafes nearby. We found exactly a place like that about 2 blocks up the left hand side of the river - Cafe Savoy. It is a beautiful art deco building and the interior reminds one of an old salon in days gone by. Have a good look at the ceiling! We tried to take dinner in the tiny 'restaurant' in the hotel, when it rained throughout the day, but be warned, it is chaotic. Not the staff's fault though because it is not meant for dining. One lady was struggling to cater to about 8 people all hanging around looking for service. So we left and walked to a nearby traditional restaurant/beer hall. During the rainy days the hotel provides umbrellas, which is such a treat. The only slightly irritating element is the lack of wifi in the room. There is an ethernet cable for laptops and notebooks with that slot, but for most travellers with ipads/tablets or iphones these days, this method of internet connection is useless. So, you find some people sitting on the stairs near the reception surfing and checking emails! All in all, this is a wonderful find in a tourist-packed city. The room on the 5th floor is vast by any European standard. Bathroom is clean and big and the toiletries are eco-friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room and pay a little more for a river view room. Book an airport transfer with the hotel in advance for about Euro 30 to avoid any possible taxi problem. Not that we encountered any during our stay.
1  Thank Sang F
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear valued traveler from Cape Town,

I would like to thank you for kind words first of all on cleanliness of the hotel and the room but also on our go-green approach together with eco-friendly toiletries, location and last but not lease staff. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your review with our team members.

With kindest regards to South Africa,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed a few nights in June and were really pleased. The service is excellent and the manager and staff were exceptional. We will definately be back. We had a wonderful time in the city and the hotel made it a perfect trip!

Dear valued traveler from Dallas,

I would like to thank you for kind words first of all on overall stay but also on staff - our Front Office Manager Bara will be very happy to see your review. We appreciate very much your experience and I will personally share your experience with the team and congratulate them on a good work.

With kindest regards to Texas,