“Superb in every way” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #114 of 670 Hotels in Prague
West coast, USA
“Superb in every way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I'd read some real horror stories about hotels in Prague, particularly two or three star hotels masquerading as four stars, and many tales of overbooking. I went with Mamaison because of the reviews, and I'm so glad I did.

I loved my stay at the Mamaison. It was a 15 minute walk from the main train station for me and as I'd arrived quite early I checked my bags and went to wander the beautiful city. When I returned later I'd found they had already moved my bags to the room for me. The room was spacious, well appointed, extremely clean, quiet and had a full size tub that was just the ticket after eleven hours of walking the streets.

The complimentary breakfast was, without a doubt, the best breakfast I've had on this side of the planet in quite a while and the quality and variety more than made up for the dining location in the basement (which incidentally sported a wall-sized live video feed of the riverfront). The location is a tad far for walking to the best tourist spots, but it is indeed walkable. On my departure the staff made sure I had a reliable taxi driver ready to take me to the airport, who was early. All in all I had a great stay that I highly recommend.

Room Tip: The inside courtyard I stayed in may not have had a view, but it was inexpensive and quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank 40pluscountries
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvison.com regarding your stay at Mamaison Riverside Hotel.

We are glad to see that you found our location ideal - it is really in close proximity to all major sights and shopping areas in Prague. We also very much appreciate your nice comments on breakfast.

We hope we can welcome you back in case you will be in Prague again.

Kind regards,

Tibor BIELIK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

BOOK THIS HOTEL. I cannot sum up our experience at the Hotel Mamaison Riverside any more succinctly than by encouraging you to stay here. Our first visit to Prague began when we were picked up at the airport by their hotel driver and taken directly to the hotel (approximately a 20 minute ride). The check-in process was swift and easy; we booked through a discount website and pre-paid our stay. We were given a room on the third floor, which overlooked the River Vltava, and it was perfect. The room was clean and inviting; the bed was very comfortable; the mini-fridge was fully stocked (it is not complimentary), and the view from the window was breath-taking. It is approximately a five minute walk to the Dancing House, a 20 minute walk from the hotel to the Old Town (Astronomical Clock, Our Lady of Tyn Church, etc) and ten minutes beyond that to the Jewish Quarter, or a 30-40 minute walk to the Castle Quarter, depending on your physical condition as it is all uphill.

Although there are many hotels much closer to any of those attractions, we were very pleased with choosing Mamaison as it seems to be on the outskirts of the tourist areas and therefore much quieter. We did not feel unsafe at any point as most of the streets are very well-lit and that part of Prague is generally safe anyway. The hotel staff was very accomodating to all our questions, and we were very pleased with the room service cleaning. Whether you're considering a trip for business or pleasure, single, couples, or with family, I think you'll be very satisfied with what Mamaison Riverside can offer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SvenskaSvea1987
Dear Valued Guest,

thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your experience on Traipadvisor.com regarding your stay at Mamaison Riverside Hotel in Prague.

We are happy to read your comment and definitely will share it with my team. It is always nice to read that you were satisfied with your suite that boasts increadible views. We are glad that you found your room comfortable and spacious because providing maximum comfort for our guests is one of our main aims.

We are also delighted to see that you were satisfied with the service our staff provided and their reservation of our limousine driver.

Thank you once more for taking the time to write us such an excellent feedback and thank you for choosing Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back anytime should your plans bring you to Prague again.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

When booking on hotels.com and getting this hotel for the cracking price compared to similar star hotels - you feel is it too good to be true? Don't worry excellent hotel. All recently refurbished. Beautiful riverside view. Amazing value . Everything you would expect of a premium hotel. Book and enjoy this beautiful city.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank AdyMoores999
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your brief comment regarding your stay in Mamaison Riverside Hotel in Prague.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service was at your satisfaction.
Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

Elegant hotel. Was very well maintained. Reception was superior. Got a full briefing on the hotel, and our bags were carried from our car to our room. The room was clean, airy and well appointed. I would guess it had 12 or 14 foot ceilings with large windows. We left the room for a while, and when we returned the drape tiebacks had been removed and the bed was turned down. The bathroom was as good or better that the average US hotel. Large tub/shower and double vanity. The concierge was extremely helpful and attentive. He arranged a tour for us and a taxi to a restaurant. The only low point was the restaurant. The food was expensive, sparse and not very well prepared. Would stay here again, but not eat except for breakfast. Bar was small, but cozy.

Room Tip: Try for a room that overlooks the Danube River and one of the bridges. We had room 505, and it was...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such a nice comment regarding your stay in Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

We are more than happy to read that your short stay was such a pleasant experience. Our staff is delighted that you enjoyed their service. It is our pleasure to do our best for your comfort. On top of that we are always very happy to provide most of our guests possibility to enjoy breathtaking views on Vltava river.

We do hope that we can welcome you again for a longer period in the near future!

Kind regards,

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here with a friend for five days in July, on the suggestion of my travel agent. The staff a reception were very helpful and gave us a map with attractions and walking times. Our room was large and airy with views over the park next door and the river. There was very little noise from the roads outside. We ordered room service the first night (after 40 hours flying) and it arrived quickly and the food was great. No soggy chips here! Where this hotel really shines is at breakfast. There was a huge range of choice from bacon, eggs, tomatoes to pastries, cold cuts and salads. We always felt well set up for the day. The only downside is that it is a bit of a walk to the old town, about 15-20 minutes. However, even walking back late at night, we never felt unsafe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for placing your kind review regarding your stay at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague.

It is always a pleasure to read that the service we provide meets the expectations of our guests, especcialy when it concerns our staff.

We would laso comliment the food and beverage department on your comments towards breakfast.

Please feel free to contact us should your plans bring you back to Prague.

Warm regards,

manchester
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, I'd like to say that this is a lovely hotel in a nice quiet area of Prague. It's in great condition and the staff are very helpful & professional. The bar is small and very expensive compared to other places in Prague, nice wine though.

Now, our experience with the hotel wasn't terrible but all the small things were annoying and made our trip not as good as we would have liked.

Annoying things- we were put in a room on the 7th floor (basically the loft) and only had 2 tiny sky light windows, I hated this as it made the room feel dark and I felt claustrophobic. Never stayed in a hotel room like that before and will make sure I never do again. I asked if we could move rooms as I felt uncomfortable in that one and was told they were fully booked. Wonder if they still have been fully booked if I offered more money? Anyway, decided to try & not let it bother us. The shower leaked all over the bathroom when I used it (for a quick 5 min shower). The cubicle filled with water so high that I had to stand there naked waiting for the water to go down for five mins before I could open the door, when I did open the door the water was everywhere so had to mop it up with towels. Husband had a bath instead and the water was only warm. Told reception and they got cleaner to clean shower drain, it was fine after that. There's a nice selection of tea bags however we only liked English tea, used that one on the first morn and left the empty packet on the side hoping that the maid would see that that was the one we used & replace it, they replaced it with a fruit one. I asked for some English ones and got them a bit later, was looking forward to having one that evening but noticed that they hadn't given us any milk or sugar and the mugs hadn't been cleaned. Didn't want to have to go to reception for a 4th issue so left it. As I write this I feel as though I am being picky & maybe I am but I just read so many brilliant reviews on this place that I feel let down by it a bit.

I wouldn't say 'don't go there' to you, just think we were unfortunate to have these issues over our 3 day stay.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank ElphabaRobbo
Tibor B, General Manager at Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Whilst I am pleased to read your compliments regarding our hotel and the hotel staff, I felt sorry to learn about your in-room problems, especcialy with shower and that you found our food and beverage outlets unsatisfactory and overpriced.

However, we truly hope you thoroughly enjoyed your stay, thank you for your remarks and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in Mamaison Riverside Hotel on a future occasion.

With my Best regards,

Bath UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were so very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. We thought it would be a long way from the centre , but in fact it was only a 15 minute very slow walk to Charles Bridge and the Old Town. The check in is very smooth and easy. The concierge offered lots of information and was extremely helpful. The room itself was just stunning. We had a river view which was a real wow factor. The bed was extremely comfortable - the bathroom just perfect. We were in a room immediately next to the lift, which gave us a little concern, but we heard absolutely no noise from the lift or anything else for that matter. We ordered breakfast in the room for our first morning which was EXCELLENT value and HUGE! The tray charge was negligible compared to other hotels and definitely worth it. Breakfast itself was perfect. It is all there. Fresh fruit, cereals, rolls, bread, croissants , smoked salmon, meats, cheese, eggs, bacon sausages - the works. All beautifully presented and good quality. The good thing about being slightly away from the centre is that a) you don't have the crowds and b) the restaurants around the area of the hotel are a LOT cheaper than being in the thick of things. You can walk everywhere - no need for taxis etc. I can highly recommend this hotel and would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Definitely get a river view. It will take your breath away.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Farleigh
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for leaving such a nice comment regarding your stay in Mamaison Riverside Hotel in Prague.

We are more than happy to read that your stay was such a pleasant experience worth to remember.

Our staff is delighted that you enjoyed their service. It is our pleasure to do our best for guest´s comfort.

We do hope that we can welcome you again in near future!

With kindest regards,