“Beautiful views of the river” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague

Mamaison Riverside Hotel Prague
Ranked #106 of 671 Hotels in Prague
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful views of the river”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Great place as a home base for your trip to Prague. We stayed here when we were getting married, the hotel staff upgraded our room and made it a very relaxing and stress-free stay. had gorgeous views of the river. And it's easy to walk to almost any parts of the city, although we took the trolley for which the hotel had easy access. We will definitely look at staying here again when we come back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Esher
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We arrived at 10.30am prepared to leave our bags, but as I'd emailed the hotel prior to travelling they took on board our early arrival time and we were fortunate that our room was ready ! We stayed in a Deluxe Riverview room on the second floor. It was very comfortable ---- the best bed we've slept in for some time ( 2x3' beds together.) The room was large, clean, well furnished, with a modern bathroom ( although this was not very brightly lit ). Good tea- and coffee-making facilities with a lovely range of teabags to choose from. I shall now have trouble sourcing Red Orange in England ! We managed to follow part of the French Open Tennis on Eurosport on the large flat-screen television when we rested following a hard day's sightseeing.
Re: Sightseeing Allow 20-30 minutes walk on cobbled paths, some quite steep slopes, unless you are brave/confident enough to use the tram or metro ! I followed advice of other travellers and wore trainers. Would also recommend a river trip ------ we took an evening river trip with guide and buffet dinner, including pick-up and return to the hotel. The Reception staff were very helpful and booked this for us. They can arrange airport transport but we had booked this via the internet with pragueairporttransfers : 530 Ck. Would thoroughly recommend a trip to Prague for many age groups/interests, but a word of advice : you need to be fit for walking !!
Buffet breakfast at the hotel was varied and plentiful and thoughtfully served until 11am daily.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The hotel is very well placed, five minutes walk from the closest tram stop, ten minutes from the closest metro and with views across the river. The hotel offers a good range of food though room service is limited by time, it stops at 01:30. The decor is very nice and definitely has that European style about it. The rooms are well appointed, the bathrooms clean, modern and spacious. My only gripe about the place was no tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. There is that time at the end of a long day's sightseeing when you just want your room and a cup of tea on hand, no such luck here I'm afraid. The staff are unswervingly efficient and polite, true professionals. A very nice long weekend's stay was had.

Room Tip: All rooms have 'double - double' glazing so the traffic outside can't be heard. All room...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank fishonsaturday
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Prague was full of tourists, more than i could have imagined. around the bridge area there were hundreds of tourists shops. the people were extrememly friendly though and could not do enough to help. food very meat orientated, even pouring meat gravey over salmon!!!!

Room Tip: the hotel was fantastic, expensive but we were upgraded for free to a suite. fantastic
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karen M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a week over New Years (10/11). Prague wasn't as busy with stag do's etc. and I've previously experienced and was by far better for it!

New Year was spent on Charles bridge for the fireworks display with a bottle of champagne. All the boats on the river pulled in and it was a great atmosphere. Prague is beautiful with snow.

The hotel was great, staff were very helpful and even provided a New Years gift in the room (a small ornament)! Great location directly on the river and a short walk to Charles Bridge.

I would recommend anyone going seeks out the Globe Cafe and book shop; Papa Giovanni italian restaurant; and the Christmas Market if you're there at that time of year.

Will definitely return to this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheDamage1
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Mamaison Riverside Hotel (MRH) turned out to be my "mystery" 4.5-star hotel on Expedia, and I was looking forward to my stay after reading the mostly positive TA reviews -- and glad that I'd gotten a good price ($390 for 3 nights, including taxes and fees).

Overall, I had a good stay at MRH, starting with my e-mail to the hotel early last week requesting a hotel-car pickup from the airport. The reply was prompt, and the quoted fare (780 kr) wasn't that much more than what I'd read a taxi would cost. My driver was waiting for me at Prague Airport arrival, and the car was a nearly new and very comfortable Mercedes sedan. The drive into Prague took about 30 minutes, and the driver, who spoke very good English, provided interesting and useful information about the city.

MRH was indeed just opposite the river, at the western end of one of Prague's main bridges, and about a 20- to 25-minute walk to the eastern end of Charles Bridge. The hotel itself is housed in lovely older building (as one sees in much of Prague), with an appealing modern interior decor that nonetheless echoes some of the hotel's original design features: lots of reds, golds, and crystalline lighting fixtures. The receptionist gave a key for a room (702) on the top floor; as I'd anticipated, it wasn't a river-view room, but I didn't expect one given the Expedia/Hotwire price.

The room was quite large, with two twin beds, a newish LCD TV, and plenty of room for storage, work, etc. The decor was all modern and nicely done: again, various reds and several wood tones, including wooden flooring. The bathroom was also large and well equipped, with slate floors and walls, and a large tub and separate shower (sharing a swinging, snugly seated door with the toilet area).

The room only had two small windows -- skylights, actually -- which opened and closed via electric up-and-down switches. Effective pull-down blackout shades kept out light in the morning. While the skylights were too small and high to afford any real view, I could glimpse a bit of the river and skyline if I stood on a chair: in any event, not important, and a river-view room (which wasn't available at any rate; MRH was fully booked for my stay) would have cost much more.

The room featured a minibar (which I didn't use) and basic (instant-) coffee and tea service (which I did). Housekeeping didn't replace the coffee, creamer, or sugar after the first day; I had to call reception both subsequent days for refills. Again, not a major problem, but indicative of the (not very good) service I'd encounter throughout Prague during my stay. Housekeeping also had an odd sense of what and what not to replenish: after the first day, they provided a complete new set of bath amenities (shampoo, conditioner, body gel, hand lotion) but no new soap. (And the provided soap bar was tiny -- nonetheless, I made do with it and the plentiful toiletries.) Also, housekeeping decided I didn't need a bathmat after my second day.

I didn't eat at the hotel -- breakfast would have cost 15 euros -- as Prague is filled with good cafes, bakeries, and restaurants; and I was full each morning from my two cups of instant coffee.:D

I tried the receptionist twice for restaurant reservations: Kampa Park (see my separate view), for which I got a Sunday-night reservation; and the terrace restaurant at the popular U Prince Hotel on the Old Town Square (which I didn't get; fully booked). I found the receptionists to be polite if not overly helpful.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at MRH, and I'd probably return, especially with a good Expedia/Hotwire rate. Based on my experience, though, I'd say it's a 4-star hotel; I didn't see what merited the extra half-star.

Room Tip: Ask for a river-view room; otherwise, 7th-floor (top-floor) rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank KittyChan
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

It was our first time staying in Prague and picked this hotel because of its good reviews on this site. It did not disappoint! This hotel is perfectly placed as its a lovely stroll down the river to get to everything Prague has to offer but is not in the hustle and bustle like a lot of hotels we looked at.

The welcome was warm and friendly, being able to leave our bags before and after check in/out was fantastic, the staff were lovely and really helpful with anything you could possibly want!

I will be recommending this hotel to all my friends and family when I force them to visit this beautiful city. We saw a lot of hotels which we'd checked out on trip advisor but none of them were a patch on what we got here at mamaison! You will not be disappointed! Its a little further out but is truly worth it for a special experience!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a river view room. I would suggest trying to get on floor three as there is potential for...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple