All reviews no lift charles bridge great location first floor charming hotel mala strana magical city prague castle air conditioning small room old town top floor late at night breakfast buffet excellent stay every morning booked this hotel
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel is a beautiful renaissance building, with much of the original stonework and painted beams intact. Our 3rd floor room overlooked the Charles Bridge and boasted one of the original painted ceilings dating back to the Renaissance. Breakfast was included in the price, and was very satisfying: eggs, cereal, bread and pastries, fruit, coffee/tea, cheeses and meats. We enjoyed a very nice dinner in the hotel as well (discounted for hotel customers). Needless to say, it is in an ideal location with easy access to everything-- including the Castle. 3 shortcomings: Early morning construction on the bridge made it noisy one of 3 mornings. I imagine in the summer that noise from the Bridge activity could be excessive. Room was quite small, though clean. Our bathroom had only a tub and hand-held shower. If you like to shower (as opposed to bathing) this is quite inconvenient. It was impossible not to spray water all over the bathroom while trying to maneuver the shower. Also, be aware that the hotel has no elevator so if anyone has mobility problems, or you are simply carrying heavy luggage, it is difficult. Overall however, it was a lovely place and more interesting aesthetically than many hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Deb R
Reviewed December 18, 2013

A beautiful hotel in a perfect location at the west end of the Charles Bridge. Lovely old building with original fresco from its days as home to a seller of ostrich feathers. Handy walking distance of the Castle, old town and all the main sights. My room (23) had a painted wooden beamed ceiling and a view onto the start of the bridge. All staff at reception were friendly and helpful and spoke perfect English. All in all, a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very good:

Could not be a better location. On the quiet side of the Charles Bridge, right in the middle of everything. Beautiful neighborhood.
The price was great, especially for a decent hotel in that neighborhood.

Relatively good:

The breakfast was plentiful, if relatively unexciting.
Everything was pretty clean.
Historic building.
Staff was usually helpful, though surprisingly did not know some basic facts about the neighborhood (where buy toothpaste...)

A little disappointing:
Internet was sporadic, I guess the walls are so thick it is hard for signals to get through. They had an internet room where you could get reception, but their computer in that room was having major problems.
The room was small. I had read that it was small, and I had thought, oh well, I'm from NY, I don't mind small rooms. Turned out--no really, it was small. No room really to put suitcases, no dresser in the room (where would it fit?), one tiny closet.
For me, the bed was a little uncomfortable, but that may just be taste.

Overall:
I still liked the hotel, it was a decent place to stay and when you consider the price and location, an excellent deal.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Beautiful hotel and great location, surrounded by everything, specially loved how it is right next to the charles bridge. Great service, clean and peaceful rooms.

Only little problem for some people could be that there is no elevator, but i think thats it, NOTHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT.

I stayed at the beginning of october on the first floor, I actually dont remember if i was in room 15 or 16. Really quiet inside the hotel, peaceful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I booked a room with a view of the bridge through the hotel's website, but instead got a room with a view of a wall of the adjacent building. I asked for the correct room, but was told that even though my email from Tri Pstrosu indicated a room with a view, the rate I paid was for a standard single without a view. The hotel website uses a booking engine and evidently they don't guaranty its accuracy or honor the reservations. I should've emailed the hotel directly I was informed. Stupid me.
The room was quiet enough except when the manager was in his office, which was directly across the hall.
Some people may like the location, but I found it to be more hassle than it was worth. During the day there is a constant hoard of tourists funneling through the walkway at the front door. Most of the time I found myself walking across the bridge to eat and see the sites anyway. Also, if you arrive by car you have to park a block away.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kudsk
utripstrosu, General Manager at Hotel U Tri Pstrosu (At the Three Ostriches), responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Mr. Kudsk, I have checked all the informations mentioned in your review, but I found out, that you are not objective. You booked a standard dbl room (single use). Because we were fully booked, we could not upgrade your room for another one. Our location is one of the most popular sites in Prague, so how you can be disappointed by the number of people in our area? Finally, I would like to apologize for the fact, that I was present in my office at the time of your stay. In this case, I do not understand, why you did not contact me. I would definitely find a solution. With regards David Starý, hotel manager