Stayed here for 4 nights B & B at end of April. Reception staff very friendly and helpful. We had a room on 4th floor looking into courtyard and it was spacious and had 2 chairs which often you find in hotels they give a double room but only one chair to sit on. The decor of the hotel could do with modernizing. Breakfast was buffet style and ample selection but breakfast room is not large and we found it busy if having breakfast at 8.30am. We did not eat in the restaurant because the locality (10 minutes form main square) of this hotel is such that you are only a few minutes walk from numerous places to eat. The lobby bar was dark and dismal so did not spend anytime there after our first visit. In the hotel details they say tea and coffee facilities in the room which is true but they give you the bear minimum, enough for one drink each and on two mornings they did not top it up and we had to go asking for more. Because of its locality would stay again as we were able to walk to all the main visitor places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- First references to this hotel come from the year 1307. The BW Meteor Plaza is situated directly in the center of Prague next to The Palace Hibernia, Powder Gate and The Municipal House. You can reach Wenceslas Square, The Old Town Square or other places of interest on foot within minutes. All 73 air-conditioned spacious standard rooms are very well furnished with all amenities including shower and/or bath, WC, hair dryer, satellite, wireless high-speed internet access free of charge, IDD telephone, personal safe, coffee/tea maker and mini-bar. There are 5 suites and 10 triple rooms in BW Hotel Meteor Plaza, which express an ambience of largesse, comfort and functionality. Except standard room equipment you will find cosy sitting area with reading lamp, trouser press. Some of the rooms have a hydro maser bath or combination of the bath and a shower bath. Some of our apartments have a special wide screen television. The triple rooms have three separate beds or double bed with sofa bed.Room service is available during limited hours. Are you a keen musician? Especially for you we have the room with a piano.The BEST WESTERN Meteor Plaza is truly in the heart of Prague - everything you'll want to do - business, leisure, vacation activities - it's all at our door step. Because of our central location you can be almost anywhere in the city in just a few moments. Prague's famous attractions such as The Palace Hybernia, the famous Powder Gate and fabulous art nouveau pearl: Municipal House are just 2minutes walk away. You can reach Wenceslas Square, Old Town Square, the legendary Royal Road and other places of interest on foot within a few minutes. You can get easily to the hotel by your own car. Of course you have the possibility of parking in the hotel garage.Our shiny restaurant with terrace is situated on the first floor of the hotel and is open every day for breakfast. Rich buffet breakfast is served from 7AM till 10AM.The ground floor of the hotel has a trendy bar, cosy restaurant and terrace where guests may enjoy a drink in the summer months.Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.For those who seek the more solitary rewards of an invigorating workout, the Hotel offers a whirpool and Sauna. Per person per hour, private use, is charged fee 10 EUR.We are focused to provide the independent traveler with maximum comfort by providing the following services:■We can arrange a wide range of events, such as parties, banquets, conferences and more. Our Gothic Wine Restaurant is ideal for encounters of up to 40 persons. Equipment of new communication and interpretation systems is possible on request.■Garage parking directly in the house is available for hotel guest on premises.■Telefax service at the reception desk.■Wireless high-speed internet access in public area free of charge.■Meeting room for 10 people with PC and internet connection.■E-mail delivery for hotel guests.■Excursions.■Tickets to opera, theatre and shows.■Flight confirmations.■Photocopy.■Dinners are served in a romantic wine cellar, which answered its purpose already back in 14th century.■Pets allowed. ■Baby cot on request free of charge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Meteor Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Meteor Plaza
- Best Western Prague
- Prague Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Prague