“Fabulous hotel with excellent staff”

Ranked #45 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This charming hotel was a very pleasant surprise. From the outside it is quite unassuming, but the interior is very grand and very comfortable. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful, and all spoke very good English (much better than our Czech). Prague is a beautifully city with many surprises and much history. Don't forget to have a look at the ballroom in the hotel's basement, it is magnificent.

Garry, Newcastle, Australia.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Garry-from-Stocko
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Gary,

Thanky you very much for such a nice review! I am glad that you have enjoyed your trip to the golden Prague and I am sure you now also speak a few word in Czech :-)

Děkujeme!

Best regards from Prague

There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Bohemia

Reviewed June 27, 2013

On a positive note the hotel has an excellent location, adequate room size, comfortable bed and effective air conditioning. However it doesn't feel like a five star property from the first encounter. I had called the hotel and informed them that I would arrive at nine am after a long flight. The room wasn't ready and the front office just told me to leave my bags and come back later. Considering the fact that I was staying for 7 nights, one would have expected them to offer water/ coffee or at least show us the wash room facilities. We finally went to a coffee shop close to the hotel. The room finally given to us opened into the lift lobby ! We stayed for shorter durations after this at Budapest and Vienna and were given upgrades. The breakfast is the same everyday. Its and adequate but not great. Housekeeping will change your sheets every third day and will regularly forget to leave toiletries and tea bags. They will also forget to wash your tea cups. However when you inform front office they will promptly rectify the situation. The hotel does not have a concierge and they tend to encourage using their expensive hotel car for everything. The staff are rather indifferent through out the hotel. Not rude, just cold. Maybe its cultural.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank indianlady
PetrBeranek, General Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you very much for taking your time reviewing your stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. I very much appreciate your choice to stay at our hotel and the more I regret that your experience was not 100% positive.

My staff always do their best to accommodate the early-arriving guests even before the official check-in time. Unfortunately, it is sometimes not possible, particularly when the hotel is fully occupied.

The concierge services are provided by our reception staff and the employees are very well trained and informed; their advices are usually highly appreciated by our guests.

Dear madam, I would like to ensure you that I do take all your comments very seriously and I will take appropriate measures to avoid similar negative experiences for anyone in the future. I would like to invite you to stay with us during your possible next stay in Prague to give us a chance to provide you with a flawless service.

With kind regards

Petr Beranek

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for three nights as a part of our honeymoon:) Great choice we made to stay there. The hotel itself is very beautiful and cozy, staff are all very helpful and cheerful, breakfast is good, room is spacious. and the location is so good. Walking distance to most of the sightseeing places in Prague. We hope we can visit there one day again.
Thank you very much!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank masakotnk

Dear Masako,

I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your honeymoon in Prague! Thank you for your nice words about our hotel and I wish you a lot of love and success in your marriage!

I do hope to see you at the Grand Hotel Bohemia again.

With warm regards from Prague

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Ww stayed three nights here. Staff were very attentive. We had an accessibility room that was excellent. Plenty of space and a huge drying rack which came in handy with all the rain. The breakfasts were excellent with lots of choices. An historic building with a Mozart dinner and concert in the ballroom. We really enjoyed this .
Very good location to both the modern and the old parts of town.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pukek0
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear guests,

the only thing I am sorry to read about is that it was raining during your stay... But I am certain that Prague has a lot to offer even in such miserable weather we had during the last few weeks.

I am happy that you have enjoyed your trip and that we could be part of it. Thank you for taking your time to write such a nice comment.

Warm regards to beatiful New Zealand!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel boasts a fabulous location with good walking distance to most sights and shopping.

We took an early morning stroll to the old town square and Charles bridge. Only took no more than 15mins.

Much appreciate the free WiFi that was stable and strong. Breakfast was a fantastic spread of hot and cold selection among other things.

We also got the hotel to arrange transfer from the train station and they managed to accommodate our late request via email. Hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JJHong

Dear JJHong,

Thank you so much for your nice review! The WiFi connection nowadays has become a very basic service for travellers, therefore we put a high accent to provide it in a good quality.

I am very glad that you were overall satisfied with our services and we hope to get a chance of welcoming you again in the future.

Nice regards from Prague

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a lovely, clean, spacious hotel situated within easy walking distance of the old town.

The reception staff could not have been more helpful and the restaurant staff were quietly efficient and courteous at all times.

We chose an Executive room with a sofa. The room was very clean and comfortable and offered all the facilities we would have wished to have.

There is free wifi throughout the hotel - something that a number of quality hotels still insist on charging for.

The old town square is about a five-minute walk away from the hotel and the Charles Bridge maybe another ten minutes from there.

We booked a taxi to and from the airport with http://www.prague-airport-transports.cz. This cost CZK 800 or GBP 30 for the return trip. I would also recommend using this firm or a similar one for any taxi journeys you wish to make within the city. We used http://www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk/taxi-services.htm to go from the hotel to the castle. The rate was their minimum charge of CZK 200 (approx. GBP 7).

All in all, we had a very enjoyable stay in a lovely hotel in a beautiful city.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff B
Jan M, Manager at Grand Hotel Bohemia, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear guests,

I would only like to point out that you also have the possibility too book the airport transfer directly with our limousine service. The price is CZK 890 per ride, provided by a very comfortable Mercedes-Benz E-Class car.

Anyway, thank you so so much for your nice words. Our reception staff is very appreciated by our guests because of their ability to provide accurate information about nearly anything you ask them :-)

Cheers and kind regards to the UK!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I recently stayed at the Grand Hotel Bohemia. We were welcomed at the train station by the hotel's car service at midnight. A fruit tray awaited our arrival in our room. The room was lovely, large, with 15 ft ceilings, lots of light, perfect bedding, fabulous bathroom, robes, slippers, hair dryer, lots of hot water and water pressure, friendly staff and awesome breakfast. The location was perfect! We used the hotel's private guide for a guided tour. She was interesting and informative. We covered lots of ground with her and she made excellent restaurant suggestions. We ended our trip by using the hotel's car service to the airport and they bid us farewell with a breakfast to go. I highly recommend this hotel! I couldn't have been more pleased.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank 190Traveler190

Dear traveler,

thank you so much for your review. I hope that also the rest of your trip was at least as good as your stay with us!

With warm - and I mean really warm, because it's over 30 degrees in Prague now :-) - regards