Grand Hotel Bohemia
$262
$203
Official Site
1,914 results
All reviewsold town squaremozart dinnergreat locationpowder towerdeluxe roomlovely hotelcharles bridgewithin walking distancerecommend this hotelbottle of champagnethe hotel staffbreakfast buffetastronomical clockfive star hotelfew minutes walkloved this hotelthe main square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The hotel represented very good value and we would certainly recommend it. The staff were all very friendly, pleasant and efficient and all seemed keen to provide a good quality of service.
We had a bedroom on the 6th floor overlooking the main entrance and could just the spires of the cathedral up at the castle - we think there were some bedrooms that overlooked the rear of the hotel and not sure if these would have much of a view. Our bedroom was a decent size, well equipped with good quality furnishings and a very comfortable large double bed. the en-suite was a reasonable size, well furnished however the water pressure from the shower was not very good and the temperature did vary considerably - this is our only fault with the hotel.
Breakfast each morning was to a very good standard with a wide variety of choice, both hot and cold dishes from a well presented buffet area. On each of the four evenings we were there the restaurant seemed very quiet and therefore we never ate in. On our arrival we shared the cheese platter which we had served in the bar and this was well presented with good quality cheeses and breads.
We would definitely stay at the Grand Hotel Bohemia again and based on our experience would highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Suggest you request a room on the upper floors and outward facing.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Spent four nights at the Grand Hotel Bohemia the end of October 2011. The room was spacious, the bed perfect, the breakfast amazing!!! But the best thing was our very gracious hosts. They went out of their way to make us feel at home and comfortable. One of the young ladies at the front desk even shared her Mother's recipe for red cabbage. Don't think of staying anywhere else when visiting this magical city!!! JH from Illinois

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed at the Bohemia Plaza for 3 nights. Fantastic hotel, great staff, and Wow what a breakfast.
Would highly recommend it, and I would stay there again. Great Location, Helpful and friendly staff, and close to all tourist sites.

Room Tip: We had a room on the Second floor, It was great, no street noise, we were very close to elevator and we were worried that would be noisy, but there was no noise at all. Great.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We held our conference at Hotel grand Bohemia because of the location the price and because their gorgeous ballroom was big enough to hold our projected number of participants. Though they did not have enough sleeping rooms, they contracted for more with Hotel Paris across the street. We were rewarded with "can do" service that was very easy to work with.

Sleeping rooms were very comfortable and roomy. Free internet in rooms and throughout the hotel.

An overall great experience.

Room Tip: for the best view, ask for a room high up and facing the castle
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank hmslloyd
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I am a frequent visitor in Prague, mostly on business and have stayed in a variety of 5* properties so I can really compare. I can neither say this is a 5* hotel nor I would recommend it to others looking for quality for their money.
I will start with some nice things: great location, quiet, yet, close to dining, sightseeing, shopping etc. I got an executive room, which felt quite spacious due to high ceiling - otherwise it is a regular size. It is decorated nicely, but very very plain. There is nothing special about the room at all.

To note everything else: unfortunately, the hotel ruined my first impression as there was no bell boys or anyone at the door. I arrived with a box that I couldn't carry, so while my driver was still there I had to run inside asking for help. My driver left and I waited for several minutes on the street waiting for someone to come and take my box. No apology whatsoever.
The lobby is really worn out and needs some refurbishment. No feeling you are in a 5* hotel.
Then, I was given a really tiny room in the end of the corridor with a wall view. I was going to stay at the hotel for 4 nights, including a 2 day meeting at the same hotel, so I asked for a change. First, they told me that they have no other rooms, then they said they would be able to change it tomorrow, and then, finally, they found a room. Definitely, not a nice way to handle it, obviously not a 5* way. No apologies.
The a/c didn't work at all - I put it to minimum and it was still very hot in the room. Had to open my window to be able to sleep. Thankfully, it was not extremely noisy at night as stayed up quite late, but I could still hear some drunk parties and garbage pick up outside.
Breakfast is really mediocre, especially for a hotel that claims to be 5*.
No turn-down service, but during the daily room cleaning they left a small chocolate and a weather forecast for tomorrow.
In any case, I would give this hotel a maximum of 4*. They really need to improve their service to make it a better property.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a odd and smaller number. The hotel is shaped the way, so the further you are down the corridor, the smaller room you get. If you are getting an executive room, try to get the one with 07 (on any floor) - this is the best room I've seen.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business