“Please be awaree”
Review of Maximilian Hotel

Maximilian Hotel
Ranked #25 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 28, 2007

I booked a 4 night trip to this hotel as I had stayed there previously this year and the location and hotel is great. However, please be aware that the Maximilian has a bad habit of relocating you to other hotels once you arrive. I had purposely booked this hotel because of its location to the Old Town Square and also because I had been there before I knew the area and felt safe. On arrival I was told that due to problems with smoke detectors in some of the rooms I would have to stay at another hotel for the first 2 days and then I could come back for the last 2. I was assured that this other hotel, The Icon, was in the Old Town district and was dispatch by taxi immediately. It was in the New Town and was in a busy main road which was very noisy. I did not know my way around and had to constantly walk backwards and forwards to the Old Town, where I wanted to be, both in the day and then again in the evening. After 2 nights a taxi took me back to the Maximilian. They were not concerned at all about my unhappiness with what had happened and they did nothing to compensate me for my troubles. The trip was very disjointed because of 2 separate stays and unpacking and packing twice. Please be aware that they have a habit of doing this quite often.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
13  Thank sanibelann
There are newer reviews for Maximilian Hotel

Reviewed August 22, 2007

The Maximilian is of the kind of hotel that maintained its classic facade, but has this smooth, minimalist and very stylish, modern interior - starting from the lobby all the way to the looks of the rooms. I cannot think of any complaint - everything was superb: location (nice 5 minutes walks to the Old Town square), spacious stylish rooms, fantastic breakfast, welcoming service.

A wholehearted recommendation for anyone considering the Maximilian.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2007

I booked this hotel as the end of a long holiday that included Estrasburgo,Nancy,Reims,Budapest and Paris.Arrived in the hotel from the airport at 19hs00 by taxi.No porter was waiting,had to ask someone to help with our lugage.Asked for a room in the highest floor,far from the elevator and in the backside.The only thing they offered was the room in the back.Room 449,only 24 sq.meters.Only 1 umbrella,no adaptor for my cell phone charger,no enough hangers for the clothes.Asked for the hangers and the adaptors.Reception said:No adaptors available,but they could indicate where I could buy one!!!!!!!!!!!
Next morning we were awakened by the maid and the noise of a vacuum cleaner?) in the corridor.I got up and asked her to stop,she showed me her watch and said something in czeck language...
As some reviewers said the breakfast was "spetacular"we were expecting...but,again,nothing special.No fresh orange juice,no bottled water,no pancakes,no waffles,no enough croissants...Had to ask for expresso coffee,because the coffee that was on the table was very "weak".
The next 3 nights I was wakened 1am,2am with the noise of upstair's guests.Called the reception,but nothing happened.

Asked for late check out,untill 4 pm and the manager agreeded.
When I was closing the bill,BEFORE 4 PM,they charged me 50 euros for late check out.I complained and the woman said that late check out was untill 2pm...
Be careful because they try to put you on the "hotel taxi" that charges much more than normal taxis...

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank George M
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We recently stayed at the Hotel Maxilian in Prague for a long weekend to celebrate our godsons 21st birthday.
The hotel is wonderful. The rooms are all non smoking.Some have good views, though most don't. Even the extensive restoration of the front of the hotel didn't mar our visit.
The standard of cleaning was excellent, the reception staff were great and arranged two trips for us. One to a local brewery and one on river boat trip. Both really enjoyable.
Breakfast was excellent with every thing you could wish for.
The only fault (if you can call it that) was that there is not a bar but a Honesty Bar, which most used properly but some took advantage of. Human nature I suppose.

As for Prague you really need to stay for a week or longer, or return for another long weekend to even scratch the surface of this great city.

However if you looking for good food don't eat Czech food as it is really poor, usually over cooked and served warm at best. I was looking forward to dumplings but found them inedible. Still the only one grumble for a great weekend. We will return to both the hotel and Prague in the near future.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank jimlynnShropshire
Reviewed July 28, 2007

If there is one thing going in favour of the Maximilian hotel, we would point to the location. It is at the same time in the heart of Prague but away from the tourist infested streets. An oasis of calm. There are plenty of fancy restaurants in the neighbourhood so no lack of dining-options. Rooms are OK and correspond to what you would expect in a 4* hotel. Breakfast is plentiful and service good.
We made reservations through the hotel website (they have special rates which include beakfast). We found these prices to be lower than booking.com website.
One word of caution with regards to the bill. The website advertises prices in EUR. The check-out manager however tried to make us pay the CZK price subsequently converted in EUR at the hotel exchange rate, which increased the bill by 50 EUR. We politely declined.
We would go back and would recommend the Maximilian to other travellers.

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank belgtravel
Reviewed July 27, 2007

This hotel was by far one of the best hotels I have experianced in all of europe, the staff was very accomadating,the breakfast was well done the rooms were very confortable,it is located within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping. I would highly reccomend this property for your stay in beautiful Prague.

• Stayed: April 2007
4  Thank sharron0129
Reviewed July 27, 2007

Hip, fun hotel. Spacious rooms and bathrooms. Excellent breakfast. Beautiful space. Great location.Very qiuet, but right near the center of town Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple