“Basic luxury in an adequate location”
Review of Aida

Aida
Ranked #224 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 11, 2013

After my plane was delayed, I arrived last midnight, but the guy at reception was waiting for me and checked me in promptly, ensuring me it was no problem me being later than expected.

The staff were honest and very pleasant, I even accidentally left around 1000Kc in my room and it was undisturbed after the room was cleaned.

Breakfast was plentiful, however my room was on the ground floor which led into the dining area, meaning when I opened my door, I was confronted with 40 or so staring guests having breakfast.

The hotel was clean, spacious and comfy, with excellent WiFi throughout for free!

Only slight criticism would be lack of English speaking TV channels and the out of town location, which made airport transfers difficult when I first arrived, especially at 11pm.

Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank OliConstable

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed in the hotel from 5-8 of july. The room was very clean and basic, with complementary hot drinks tea and coffee and mini bar for extra pay. Our room was on top floor and as the hotel don't have a lift it was pretty challenging to walk the stairs after long day of walking around the city. Breakfast was very generous, with choice of cakes :) scrumble eggs, bread or cornflakes, that filled you up for half of the day. Even tho we had very plesant stay I wouldn't give 4* to the hotel, 3* more like would be honest.
Some my advice:
-if you need to change the money, do it at the hotel, as they have best rate,
-always have some coints with you to buy ticket for metro, as the machines doesn't accept the notes,
- Troja Castle just 45 minutes walk from the hotel.
After all I would recomend this hotel, as the price for stay was cheaper then some hostels in Prague.

Room Tip: We stayed on top floor, the room numbers are from 401-406. Ask for room on lover floor as the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank roma1979
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The room we had was very clean and comfortable with the added bonus tea/coffee making facilities which were replenished daily. Fresh towels were provided every day. The reception staff were extremely helpful with booking excursions, offering directions when using trams/metro and recommending restaurants.The only thing that would have been helpful would have been if we could have borrowed a travel adaptor as we had forgotten to pack one. The hotel was 5 minute walk to metro which was very cheap and easy to use. You got to city centre in less than 15 minutes. Breakfast was more than adequate (recommend the scrambled eggs!) There were 2 internet access points which we never had to wait in a queue for. Would definitely consider returning to this hotel and would not hesitate to recommend to others for good, basic, accommodation with a friendly welcome.

Room Tip: Was in room 108 which had small kitchenette with fridge. Large spacious bright room. No air con but...
1  Thank lizalexander
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel whilst visiting Prague and enjoyed the hotel. It's described as a four star but don't expect luxury. The room we occupied was spacious, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was a good size and the shower great.It's not a city center location but a few minutes walk from the metro or tram either of which will take you to the center very quickly and efficiently. While we were there it was a heatwave and would have been useful to have air con but a large ceiling fan was a great help. Breakfast was more than we expected and the staff were friendly and helpful. If we were to go back to Prague we'd probably use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at back, less noise from bin lorries which seem to operate in the middle of the night
1  Thank Andrewmoncur1
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I just took a trip to Prague from June 3-5 and stayed in Hotel Aida and I can honestly say this is the best customer service I have ever received from a hotel for the price we paid for our room. We had not lined up a tour at all and planned on taking a taxi to the downtown area to do sightseeing. Lubos Otra the gentleman working at the front desk made our trip one of the best we have taken so far. I asked him about tours because I saw flyers in the front. He offered to call and get prices for me and the times. Most of the tours were not going on unfortunately due to the river being flooded. On the 4th tour he called he told me the price and I agreed to take it, then he arranged for the tour shuttle to pick us up at one for no extra charge, so we didn't have to take a taxi. He then told us once the tour is over to get onto the bus XC and gave us the directions to get to the bus station and to get off on the 4th stop, which was a few blocks away from the hotel.

Earlier that morning my girlfriend had a bad headache, and of course I forgot the tylenol, so I went to the front desk again and ask if he had any tylenol and he came out with a new box and said I can take however many I need, which I did.

The rooms were very clean along with the entire hotel itself and was glad they had a fridge. I thought they had a big breakfast variety of foods that tasted great and fresh. As far as location, it isn't in the heart of the city but is perfect if you are willing to take the bus and best of all it has free parking!

Service like this you do not see too often anymore because people just flat out don't care, but I can say I plan on coming back after receiving this service and him helping me save money at the same time!

1  Thank Jacob R
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Hotel Aida for a week in October half term 2012. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was bright and clean. We didn't have any issues with noise? Perhaps we were lucky. Breakfast was adequate and constantly replenished. Location was quite a way from the town, but once you mastered the trams and metro service it was a doddle. This hotel was cheap! Two of us stayed here for a week including flights for £448! Absolute bargain. Prague is beautiful and if we were to return I wouldn't hesitate in staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TaliTheTiger
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We stayed two nights at Aida hotel. Hotel is close to Metro (10 min to city centre) or tram (20 min to old town), but placed in quiet place, we have no problems to go there by car. Hotel has only 4 parking places, others have to park on the street (we have scratches on the car door next morning). Small clean rooms with coffee or tea pot with insufficient noise insulation. Good breakfast a service, reasonable price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple