Hilton Prague Old Town
$830
$483
Hotels.com
3,455 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold townzinc restaurantgreat locationhilton praguewithin walking distancecorner roomcharles bridgeriver cruiserepublic squaretrain stationcar servicepowder towerastronomical clockexcellent hotelmajor attractionsfew minutes walk
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

I and my wife planned a holiday trip to Czech, Slovekia, Hubgary and Holland.

We flew Garuda GA-088 on Sunday, August 24th. Arrived in Schiphol and took a connecting flight by KLM to Prague.

The flights and transit were smooth. Also the transfer from Prague airport to Hilton Old Town.

The checked in was efficient. The room is neat and clean. The breakfast is available with a wide variety of choices.

The location is prima. Within walking distance, we can visit to all historical and cultural locations such as Prague Castle, Charles Bridge, Orloj Astronomical Clock and Calendar and also the city centrum. Opera house and musical theaters are within reach in just few minutes walk.

We enjoyed the famous Swanlake Ballet Opera by PI Tscaikovski.

With a limousine bus we went to Cesky Krumlov. It's a wondeful trip.

Hilton Old Town is a perfect choice.

Stayed: August 2014
miroslav_pijak, Tým podpory webu TripAdvisorFront Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your stay and for sharing your experiences with us. I was happy to learn we met all your expectations and you took advantage of our central location.

I am also happy to read you found our Breakfast plentiful, our rooms clean and you liked the efficiency of our Front Desk service.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback and we all hope to welcome you back to ensure you have again enjoyable stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was expecting more from Hilton, but they failed to deliver on a number of points. The check-in was a farce. We waited 40 minutes to check-in, only to be told that only 1 room was ready, so my parents had to wait 4 hours in my room before they could get in theirs. My mother was not well, which I informed the staff about, but they just kept fobbing me off. I complained about this to a "Hilton Ambassador" who did nothing about it!
However the rooms were nice and quiet, we had a great view. Most staff were helpful and friendly, but some were quite rude and dismissive, I feel that they were very under-staffed, particularly the front desk.
There was a small , but lovely pool, which we enjoyed on a daily basis, towels were quite threadbare at times.
Breakfast has to be the highlight of our stay! Great choice, and a lovely man making fresh omelettes etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your stay and for sharing your experience.

I am grateful for your positive and nice words about comfort of our rooms, relaxing atmosphere of our pool area, breakfast offer and friendliness and helpfulness of certain team members.

On the other hand, I was disappointed to read your further feedback and I truly regret that your stay with us did not, in some ways, meet your expectations, especially due to your room readiness up on arrival. July and August are very busy months not only for our property but for Prague in general. Further more our hotel was fully booked during the period of your stay with us and we were only able to provide the rooms to our guests around the hotel's official check-in time and not earlier, as I understand, you arrived in the morning. Please accept my humble apology for any inconvenience in this regard and rest assured we do our utmost to meet requests for early check-in whenever the occupancy allows it.

Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback which allows us to follow up and monitor level of service offered and continuously improve up on it. Should you wish to discuss your experience further or kindly provide me with more details about rude and dismissive team members, I invite you to contact me directly on miroslav.pijak@hilton.com .

Kindest regards from Prague and lots of positive travelling experiences.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

A quick 2 night stay here and it was great. A hotel car picked us up, no fuss, no hassle.
Fast check in with hilton Honours, good rooms on 8th floor. The staff are fantastic, very attentive.
No problems at all, highly recommended.
The perfect area to see everything, 20 minutes from the airport.
Good stocked mini bar, which surprisingly was not a rip off like most Hotels.
Free wifi, that worked.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for staying in Hilton Prague Old Town during your stay in the Czech Republic and for your interesting feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you liked our location, facilities and high quality of the service provided by Hilton Team. I have shared your comments with the whole Team, and all were delighted.
Thank you again for your kind feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you back during your next visit to Prague.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2014

location very good. Had high floor and facing courtyard so very quiet. Staff very helpful organising early check in after i emailed. Executive lounge served very good small snacks which kept you going after hours of walking, also served very decent wines. Room and hotel very clean. Staff very helpful. Breakfast very adequate. Would stay in again. Only small downside was very noisy bored kids in room opposite and fighting in corridor, Not really hotels fault but better if not on executive floor if supposed to be business

Room Tip: high facing courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Sir/Madam.

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic, and for taking the time to share with us your very kind feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you liked our location, room cleanliness, executive lounge facilities and service offered by our Team. I am happy that we contributed to your enjoyable visit to Prague, and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our property in the future.

Kind regards from Prague,

Reviewed August 24, 2014

August 23 - 24, 2014

To give some perspective, I am a Starwood Platinum member, and IHG Gold Member and HHonors Gold member. I spend approximately 150 nights per year in Hotels and of those stays, 100 nights are international. I generally only post positive reviews. However, this is my 4th consecutive stay with Hilton that has left me with a sense of “bleh” and that I have overpaid relative to what other hotel chains offer in the area.
The Hilton Prague Old Town hotel DOES have an impeccable location and very comfortable beds, but not much else.

While there was nothing excessively wrong with my stay, I continue to find Hilton’s international product to be leaps and bounds behind that of Starwood and Intercontinental. This is especially evident when comparing price and reward redemption levels. I have recently had similar mediocre experiences with the Hilton Northampton (UK), Hilton Surfers Paradise (Australia) and Hilton Buenos Aires (Argentina).

The Hilton Prague Old Town resembles a suburban Hampton Inn in the USA and caters primarily to patrons of Viking River Cruises (the elderly) and to tour groups from China. The restaurant has mediocre, American-ized food, yet it’s twice the price of other local restaurants. There is no amenity kit in the bathroom and not enough towels considering water gets everywhere when showering (no curtain). The shower pressure fluctuates and the temperature changes every 5 seconds. The internet is slow, yet costs 25 Euros per night (even for a HHonors gold member). Single-ply toilet paper is also an unnecessary cost-cutting measure.

I had to redeem 32,0000 HHonors points in addition to a 110 Euro co-pay for 2 nights at this Hotel. By contrast, I just left HOTEL BRISTOL in Vienna (Starwood) and redeemed 24,000 points for two free nights (with internet and suite upgrade included). For those of you who don’t know, the Bristol is one of the finest hotels in the world (5 Star in every way). 4 Days ago I was at Le Meridien in Budapest (5 Star); based on my SPG status I was upgraded for free and given free internet. Basically, I had to redeem 12,000 more points and pay for a Hotel that was 1/3 the quality in a less expensive city for Hilton Prague Old Town.

Considering that reward points accrue at the same rate for HHonors and SPG, it makes me wonder why I continue to stay at Hilton. I consistently have to redeem more points and co-pay, but I get less quality. There is also no “Luxury Collection” level with Hilton and the average free night redemption level is 30,000 points per night (you can get 2 nights in a SPG 5 Star for 24,000). Even if you are booking at list price it’s a no brain-er, SPG and IHG are a much better value.

I used the last of my HHonors points on this trip and will be focusing on SPG and IHG for all trips moving forward. I’ve been disappointed too often by Hilton.
My name is Peter and I stand behind my reviews as un-biased and factual. Hope this helps, please feel free to private message me with questions.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your stay in our city and for sharing your experiences.

I was happy to learn you enjoyed our central location and you liked the comfort of our beds.

On the other hand, I am truly saddened that Hilton Prague Old Town did not fully meet your expectations due to a shortfall of bathroom amenities and a shower functionality. Our aim in our day to day work is to improve our product as well as our service, and it is unfortunate that you did not contact us during your stay as we could have rectified these shortcomings and ensured you had an enjoyable stay.

Regarding your point about internet cost, I would like to clarify that we do offer free Wi-Fi to our Gold and Diamond HHonors members. From the room reservation I can see your status is a Silver HHonors Member which would explain why you were asked to pay for the internet service. Despite this fact I wish to inform you that we we still offer complimentary Wi-Fi in our lobby, restaurant, bar and health club as well as free Internet usage on three computer stations in the lobby 24/7 as an alternative to the paid service in our guestrooms.

As for your mention of the internet cost as well as the prices at the restaurant, I would like to assure you that we periodically assess the market and I am happy to report that we are inline with the same category properties in our area.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and views on frequent travelers' programs of renowned hotel chains. Should the road bring you back to Prague we would be more than happy to welcome you back to Hilton Prague Old Town ensuring you have an enjoyable and hassle free stay.

Kind Regards,