“Great location, excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Prague Old Town

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #99 of 670 Hotels in Prague
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Great location, excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel after visiting at the same time last year. We were upgraded (as gold hilton members), and a late check out was given without quibble by a very helpful young male receptionist. Don't remember his name, but he helped us out with patience and courtesy when our rooms keys didn't work and we were a little irritated having had to come back down to reception. The reception team seemed completely customer focused.
Great location, a short walk into town.
My only complaint is that on the Sunday when we were checking out, there was nowhere to sit and have a drink whilst waiting for our airport transfer. This was due to a children's Xmas party overtaking the whole bar area including general seating areas in the lobby which were cornered off with sofas to prevent the many children from escaping that area. I would hv thought that a small area could easily, and should hv been allocated as a bar area for hotel guests. Whilst we were told the party was finishing, we had no alternative but to go out of the hotel. This was disappointing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your beautiful review with us and the fellow travellers.
It was a pleasure reading that you have already visited our property twice, always during the Christmas period. I am particularly pleased you were satisfied with the friendliness and helpfulness of our Front Desk Team members. On the other hand let me thank you for your point regarding the lack of lobby seats during Christmas brunch and please accept our apology. We will definitely look into this to prevent such occurrences in the future.

We all are looking forward to welcoming you back, hopefully yet for another pre-Christmas holidays in Prague.

I am wishing you and your family all the best in 2014 and sending you my best regards.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

The hotel is in a great location walked almost every where. I also got a 24 hours pass to ride the tram which you can purchase right at the hotel. If you do need a taxi they have that available as well. The rooms were clean and staff always helpful. I would recommend this hotel and stay their again without doubt.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel. It is a pleasure to learn we have met your expectations..

I will share your comment with all my colleagues and I would like to assure you that positive comments like yours are very much appreciated.

I am sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel and in the mean time we all wish you all the best in 2014.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

A busy corporate hotel that still is quiet with personalized service. The concierge and desk staff were very helpful, and though often busy, the lobby was well appointed and not too hectic. The rooms were modern and very nice and very quiet. The best part of the hotel was the location--which is incredibly central to everything. I used my HHonors points to stay here, and was very happy that I did.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind comments of the Hilton Prague Old Town Hotel.

I am certainly happy to learn we met your expectations in general and with the hotel’s locations, comfort of the guestrooms and especially in terms of service and helpfulness provided by our Team.

Should the road bring you to Prague again, we will be happy to have you staying with us.

Wishing you all the best in 2014,

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Heh, I just have to keep bringing up the shower in my Czech reviews, because they are so different. The shower here was like the Radisson's shower, in that you have the porcelain tub but with a glass window that extends maybe 15% the length of the tub! Hah. I mean I don't care, doesn't affect the shower quality, it just puts more work on the cleaning staff with any pools of water and such. The Hilton shower was better in that it had a removable shower head. The soaps in the bathroom were much better than the Radisson's. They actually gave me conditioner, the Radisson gave me no conditioner.

Toilet...same as every other place. Allows for...streaks.

Bed...same as you expect for a hilton. 5 star bed. So comfortable, no joke. But again, the comforter is literally the length and width of the bed with no overhang. At least this time around I had a king size bed, so I had enough slack to move around and not have skin exposed.

Hilton and their WiFi. Such a joke. So expensive. I hate how these hotels nickel and dime you on WiFi. Most ridiculous part is the WiFi in the lobby is FREE! You generally won't get the lobby signal in your room, but if you move around the hallway enough you will see it pop up.

I didn't have the breakfast as I did not have time the one morning I was there. I had to get to the airport.

Overnight parking was 750 CZK a night, kinda steep. Be aware, once you check out and they validate your parking, you have 15 minutes to get out of the garage. I did not have a problem with this, but I was fooling around on my phone after I checked out to get directions to the airport and the girl behind the desk kindly let me know about the 15 minute window after I didn't move from her desk for 5 minutes. The garage is self-park and is right next to the hotel.

Location is very good. It is not too far from the Jewish quarter or other attractions. The mall is right around the corner.

I would definitely stay here again if the price is right. I was on business, so I had this covered, but the rate paid was 3300 CZK (~$165) on a Friday night.

Room Tip: Get a king size room, or queen at the least, because of those comforters they use in the Czech Repub...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank tsk9383
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for your nice and very detailed review.

I was happy to read that you very much enjoyed your stay with us, the guestroom and bathroom facilities and amenities, and our location. Regarding the Internet, I am pleased to add, that we offer free Wi-Fi not only in the lobby, but as well as in the restaurant and bar, health club and executive lounge as a free alternative to the paid service in the room. We also have an Internet corner in the lobby, where our guests can use free internet on three PC stations 24/7.

I would like to thank you again for your feedback, and hope to welcome you back to Hilton Prague Old Town soon and as we are getting close to the “Festive Season”, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2014!

Kindest regards,

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

The service in entering the hotel was very nice. There were bell men to open the doors for you. The lobby was an average European Hilton lobby. The people were friendly and there was a convenient place to get a ice cold glass of water. The location was great, it was near the center of the town, and was walking distance to most of the attractions. The hotel room was a standard Hilton hotel room. The lounge was the best experience in Prague. Cristina and Adriana went out of their way to make it the best experience. They had a breakfast buffet and a late night snack. The food was great. In the afternoon they had chicken, spring rolls, breads, cheeses, and a variety of drinks. Cristina, and Adriana would always make the tea or coffee when they saw you making it. The stay was excellent and the staff made me feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank S D
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for using facilities and service of the Hilton Prague Old Town hotel during your visit to Prague. We are very proud that you enjoyed our location, room and Executive lounge facilities and your praise of Adriana and Kristyna, which make us all feel inspired and very grateful.
As we are getting close to the “Festive Season”, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2014!

Best regards,

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Prague Old Town for 3 nights using Hilton HHonors points for a vacation in December. The hotel location was awesome. Close walk to all the Old Town attractions. The property was great. Nice size rooms (for Europe), and very comfortable beds. As an HHonors Diamond we were upgraded to the Executive Floor, and the Executive Lounge was awesome. They have great appetizers, and beer/wine is available from 6pm - 10pm. Parking very convenient and reasonably priced. Staff very friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town for your December vacation in Prague.

It was indeed a great pleasure to learn that you were very with our location, hotel facilities and service. I would like once again to thank you for taking your time to write the comment and I am looking forward to welcome you back to Prague in the near future.

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a healthy and prosperous 2014.

australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed here for nights, as part of a cruise package. The staff here were very friendly and efficient and the hotel is very well located in terms of access to the Old Town. The breakfast was also excellent with a very wide range of options.

We did not however have an executive room as other recent reviewers enjoyed, and found some aspects of the room basic at best. No large fluffy towels in the bathroom, but tiny paper thin bath towels that were well past their use by date!

As other reviewers have commented, the hotel charges an astronomical 25 Euros per day for in room wifi, in an age where connectivity is essential for most travellers.

Wifi is available for no cost in the hotel's foyer. Although there are 'No Smoking' signs in the foyer the hotel supplies ash trays and they are obviously well used! Each time we walked in, we literally balked at the stench of cigarette smoke and found using the free wifi in this area very unpleasant.

We stayed for our prepaid 2 nights and then moved to an excellent B & B which offered unlimited free wifi, no smoking and wonderful personalised service for 1/3 of the price.

This Hilton is not near the standard of the Sydney Hilton and we would not recommend it to any non-smoker.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank judy U
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you very much for your time share with us feedback following your recent stay with us.

We all are delighted to read that you enjoyed our location, breakfast quality and selection and especially efficiency and friendliness of our Team. However, I truly regret, that we failed to meet up to your expectations in regards to the price of the Internet service. I would like to ensure you that our prices correspond with the prices of other hotels of the same category in the city center. Also, as you correctly mention, we offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby, restaurant and bar. There is also a complimentary Internet station with three internet points in the lobby area, and two in the Executive lounge.

Regarding smoking policy of the hotel, I would like to add, that last year we decreased the number of smoking rooms to only 1 floor and all our outlets are fully non-smoking. The only area, where we can satisfy also our smoking customers, is the small corner in one part of our lobby.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property in the future. The whole Hilton Prague Old Town Team wish you a Beautiful 2014.
Kind regards,