“Great location, great staff”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #100 of 651 Hotels in Prague
“Great location, great staff”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I like to start my reviews with the positives. The location can't be beat. We walked every where, added bonus, there was an outdoor market just outside the hotel front door, where we started out the day with hot wine. The hotel was nicely decorated, and our room was impeccably clean, nice big modern bathroom, super comfortable bed. Loved that there was a separate elevator to get to the fitness center where we had a sauna at the end of every day. The executive suite for hilton honors members was where the hotel really shined. Three employees have to be called out for above and beyond service, Adriana Nosdkova, Tereza Hakcnova, and a young man who also was in the members suite, whose name we didn't get. Very friendly, very helpful.
Zinc restaurant in the lobby was beautifully decorated, excellent staff.
Only a few small things kept me from giving this hotel the highest rating. When I made the reservation, I asked for early check in, as our flight was arriving in the morning, and was told that wouldn't be a problem. The room wasn't ready until 1pm, and we were exhausted. When we finally got to our room, oddly enough, there were no dressers. There was a closet, but we had no where to put our other clothes, other than to pile them on a shelf. We really wished the fitness center had a steam room, and would have stayed open until 10, instead of 9. Sometimes we felt rushed.
Other than those minor things, I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen M
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town, and for your very kind review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our hotel facilities met your expectations, you liked our location, room, health club and spa area and that you found our Executive lounge team helpful and friendly. Regarding the early check in, I would like to apologize for confirming it, when we could not deliver it. We always provide room to our guests regardless how early the arrival to the hotel is, whenever the occupancy allows us to do so. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future, in the meantime I wish you a healthy and successful 2014.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Graz, Austria
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Nicely located Hotel, clean and spacious rooms, breakfast area not overcrowded with wide selection to choose from, but internet access is way too expensive (25.-EUR a day).
Free internet available only in the lobby, but it`s too slow, couldn't watch youtube without interruption.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam.
Thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to the Czech Republic and for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay.
It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you remained highly satisfied our location, rooms and with the breakfast selection.
However, I regret to learn, that we failed to meet up to your expectations in regards to the prices of our Internet service. I would like to ensure you that our prices are fully comparable with the prices of other hotels of the same category in the city center. As a free alternative to the paid service in the rooms we do offer free Wi-Fi and not only in our lobby, but also in the restaurant and bar, health club and executive lounge. There is also a complimentary Internet station with three Internet points in the Lobby Area, and two in the Executive Lounge.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in our property in the future. The whole Hilton Prague Old Town Team wish you a Beautiful 2014.

Kindest regards,

Bishopton
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have just spent 4 nights in this excellent hotel. First trip to Prague and on arrival I had already booked an executive room but upgraded to a suite which was excellent, very spacious with separate tv room and HUGE bed. Room ready at 11am which was a bonus.

Special mention goes to Tereza and Ruda in the Executive lounge - the most amiable, knowledgable and hard working Hilton staff members I have ever met. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were happy to chat or leave you alone when needed. Always had a smile and a top up of red wine or gin! Happy to book tours for us and gave great restaurant recommendations. You made our holiday so many thanks.
V
The lounge itself never seemed crowded although it was busy and the food offering was always fresh and tasty whether for breakfast or evening nibbles. Well worth the extra on the tariff.

The hotel is a short walk away from everything you need to see in Prague and is handy for transport hubs like trams and Metro. It's public areas are excellent and they have a very reasonably priced car service for trips around the area or the airport. Wifi is reliable and free in the public areas and there are also free to access PC's in the executive lounge for those last minute Tripadvisor ideas.

All in all an excellent hotel. We will be back.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CallmeStevie
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your nice feedback with fellow travelers, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

It was a pleasure to read that you liked our location, comfort and refreshment offer of our Executive lounge facilities. I am also very glad to hear the Executive Lounge team, in particular, Tereza and Ruda made your stay comfortable and memorable. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback with all of my colleagues.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, to ensure you and your wife spend another fully enjoyable time and as we are getting close to the “Festive Season”, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous year 2014!
Truly Yours,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I am a picky customer and the staff at Hilton Old Town has to be the very best I have encountered after some 1 million HH points. The rooms are spacious enough, with the Exec floor having angled windows. The location is perfect for walking, and you can take the Airport Express bus, 60 crowns, that drops you 2 minutes from the front. (To get to the airport, we took the Shuttle, 150 crowns, and a good value if you have an early flight; the Express Bus doesn't pick up very near the hotel but the Shuttle is right in front of the hotel).
The Exec Lounge is generous and attentive. I had a disaster with Lufthansa cancelling flights and not rebooking and the front desk clerks on a Saturday night made the calls that I needed to get rebooked through United. I will always be grateful for their help. I also left some clothes in the room, and the hotel promptly mailed them to me without trying to rip me off on sending them. The breakfast is large, friendly, and ample.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank YeahVegas
Dear Madam,

Thank you for using facilities and service of Hilton Prague Old Town hotel during your recent visit to Prague. We are very proud that you enjoyed our location, room and the Executive lounge facilities and I am happy to read your praise of our Team, who made you feel at ease and comfortable after the flight issues and also handled your requests up to your full satisfaction. We all are proud to be “One of the best Hiltons around” for you.

As we are getting close to the “Festive Season”, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous 2014!

Best regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This was our first trip to Prague and the location could not have been better. As a Hilton Gold member we were automatically upgraded to the executive floor on 9 (executive floors were on floors 8 and 9) and although we arrived before check in time they gave us access to the lounge where we were able to grab some refreshments. They quickly prepared our room which was clean and appointed with a California king sized bed, flat screen tv, and desk. The location could not be beat. It was located in Old Town which is where you want to be as a tourist in Prague. Everything was in walking distance to the hotel, the metro was right next door and the tram stop was right there. Breakfast was buffet style and excellent with pancakes, waffles, bacon, sausage, an absolutely complete breakfast with everything you could want. I would definitely return and strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYCSpark1
Dear Sir/Madam,
Let me thank you for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your nice comments.

I read your review and was pleased to learn that we managed to make your stay enjoyable already from the check in. I also very much appreciate your nice comments about our Executive lounge facilities, our location and breakfast quality and offer.

Should the road bring you back to Prague, we will be more than happy to welcome you back. In the meantime, we would like to wish you and your family a nice time during the Festive Season, and a healthy and prosperous 2014.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,

Durban
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff were very welcoming on arrival and I had good service from the Concierge (Markata) before arriving in Prague. The rooms are decent and well looked after. The team in the Executive Lounge are super. The hotel is ideally located to explore Old Town on foot.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you very much for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town during your visit to Prague, and thank you for sharing your experience with us and other valued Tripadvisor readers.

I was happy to read that you felt welcomed in Prague and you enjoyed your stay with us, the cleanliness of the rooms and in particular the service provided by our Team Members, in particular by Marketa from Concierge.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Prague Old Town soon. In the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a wonderful time during Christmas,
and the year 2014 full of joy and good health.

Kindest regards,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed in Hilton old town prague in august for three nights, Basically this is a very very nice western style hotel, fantastic bar downstairs to relax the gentleman we saw regularly (unfortunately didnt get his name) knew his a liquor very well and was very friendly , the breakfast is fantastic and sets you up for the day.

Its very central to whats going on, and the concierge will even book all of your trips for you including pick ups and just add the cost of the trip to your bill at the end, Brilliant.

Its in a safe area, not far from lots of restaurants and bars we never saw or had any trouble, be sure to visit the ice bar! and drink as much pilsner as possible, rent a pedalo or speedboat on the Vltava river next to the charles bridge!

The rooms are really nice, what you would expect from a hilton which is why we chose it and werent dissapointed.

They have a pool! we didnt keep our eyes peeled and were too busy most of the time to use it but thought it might be worth mentioning.

I would come here again for sure.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ricky G
Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town during your stay in Prague, and for sharing with us your very kind comments. It was great to read that, you were satisfied with our location, comfort and quality of our rooms, efficiency and helpfulness of our bar and Concierge Team.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon and in the meantime we wish you a successful and prosperous year 2014.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,