“Best Hotel Experience Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Prague Old Town

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #99 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Southlake, Texas
“Best Hotel Experience Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

The Hilton Old Town is in a great location; only 5 minutes walk to the Old Town Square and walkable to all the major sites although we rode the tram to/from Castle hill due to the freezing temperatures.
Check in was quick. The rollaway bed we requested was brought to the room within minutes. We had a problem with safe (user error!) and the technician was at our door within 5 minutes. We had a King Executive Suite which was a great size for 3 people and was very quiet. The bathroom is a little small but was not a problem. The bed was very comfortable too.

The BEST part of our stay was the outstanding service provided in the Executive Lounge. Nothing was too much for the staff. Each morning, we were greeted with a smile. Tereza asked about our day and gave us advice on things to do. She arranged taxis back to the airport and also had breakfast boxes waiting since we left so early in the morning. Of course, the breakfast buffet, free wifi, and afternoon/evening drinks and tapas were an added bonus.

I would definitely stay at this Hilton again if lucky enough to return to Prague one day! Great customer service is a top priority at this hotel.

Room Tip: Reserve the Executive Lounge access rooms! You will not be sorry! Benefits far outweigh the extra co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jette
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and such a nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations, that you found our team helpful, courteous and efficient, and we were able to fulfill all your needs. Thank you for mentioning Tereza from Executive Lounge, we are all proud to be your “best hotel experience”.

I look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Although it has changed ownership/name a few time over the last 15/20 years, it still is one of gthe better places in town, very centrally located, 5 minutes walk from down-town, train station just across the street and tram stop "at the front door". Rooms OK, pitty that food is too international, oriental e.g., should me more local. rest: only +

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Hilton Prague Old Town while staying in Prague and for your very nice feedback.

I’m very happy to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel, the location and the room quality.
Furthermore, I was sorry to note you did not find enough kinds of local food in our Restaurant. I would like to mention, that every Wednesday, you can enjoy a traditional Czech Live Station in Zinc Restaurant, which introduces to our guests the most traditional Czech specialities.

Once again thank you for taking the time to sharing your feedback, and I hope we will get an opportunity to welcome you back to property in the future.

Best Regards,
Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Located at the very end of Old town just 2 minutes form the powder tower, 5 min from Old town square, 5 minutes from Wenechlas Square and around 30 minutes from Castle hill (15 minutes en route via the famous Charles bridge.
No need for taxis or public transport whilst in town.
Perfect sleeping quality inc in-room safe and ironing and also tea/coffee making facilities.

Room Tip: Mine was on the 3rd floor: NO VIEW but no noise! BTW no sound of trains even though 1 min from trai...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Sir/Madam,
Thank you very much for sharing your nice review about Hilton Prague Old Town on the Trip Advisor site.

I’m very pleased to learn, that you have enjoyed our central location, the comfort and facilities of our bedroom, and you had a great sleep with us.
Regarding the Internet, I would like to mention, that we offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby, restaurant and bar, as well as executive lounge, and also free Internet on the PC stations in the Internet corner located behind our concierge in the lobby.

I look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

With warm regards,

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this hotel with hilton honor points, and the executive level was the same price as a normal room (this usually means the rooms cost the same). I would definitely encourage the room upgrade. We were on the top floor, and had a view of the tops of the buildings in the main square. We also had free bottles of water and nuts upon our arrival, and a card for the hotel manager welcoming us. Th executive level allows you access to the executive lounge, which provides free wifi, free breakfast, and free drinks (including beer, wine, and self service liquor bar). The breakfast was good, and the free wifi saves you about 20 dollars a day if you bought it in your room. During the day, they also have snacks available, and at night they have tapas style food. Little stuff, but nice with a pre or post dinner drink. Really a nice perk. The room itself was large and very comfortable. It was quiet, except they were working on the elevator during the day. It wasnt very noisy and you are gone during the day anyways, but if you are going to try to take a nap during the day, it is something to be aware of. There is also a garage for about 20 dollars a day if you have a car. The hotel is about a 10 min walk to the main square, and there is two tram stations right around the corner. Overall, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

2 Thank ybselgo
Dear Sir/Madam,
Allow me to thank you for taking time with sharing your nice review of Hilton Prague Old Town on the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased to hear, that you felt welcomed to our hotel, and you have fully enjoyed the quality of your bedroom and executive lounge facilities with the refreshment offer.
I feel very sorry to learn, you were disturbed by the lift maintenance noise, do please accept my apologies for this.
I am looking forward to welcome you back to our property in near future.

With Kindest Regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

From the 7th until the 12th of March this year my boyfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Old Town Hotel in Prague. Since we were staying for five nights, we got the opportunity to experience most of the hotel. It is situated in the Old Town centre, walking distance of almost every part of Prague we wanted to visit; museums, Old Square with the Astronomical clock, Jewish quarter, Charles Bridge, shopping malls (Palladium) and loads more. There are Hilton taxis in front of the hotel and shuttle bus that runs every half an hour to take you to the airport for 10 euro's per person.

At check-in we had a friendly welcome by the Front Office staff. We had a very spacious, clean and quiet executive room in the corner of the 6th floor. We also had access to the executive lounge on the 8th floor, where light snacks and all sorts of drinks were served through the day. Every night we had turndown service and the housekeeping team, who greeted very friendly every time, also took good care of small details like fresh bottles of water beside our bed and folding our clothes.

We also went to the Spa in the hotel. After a long afternoon of sightseeing, it was very relaxing to swim for some time. Bathrobes, slippers and towels were provided, which was very convenient.

I celebrated my birthday in Prague; when we got back in our hotel room that afternoon, I was totally surprised to see a delicious birthday chocolate cake on the table with Happy Birthday and my name written on it, a bowl of fresh strawberries and a bottle of prosecco with two glasses. I also got two personal birthday cards; one by the guest relations executive and one by the management team of the hotel, all signed personally. What a fantastic way of congratulating me on my birthday!

I would like to give a special thank you to some of your staff;

Management team: Thank you very much for the birthday surprise in our room. It was such a nice present from your side, I really appreciated this and we enjoyed all the tasty things. You take personal care of your guests and show true interest, which made me feel special as your guest.

Concierge: Katarina, thank you for your great advice in restaurants and theatre shows. We very much enjoyed trying Czech food (delicious!) at the Kolkovna Celnice restaurant around the corner and went to the spectacular Nabucco Opera at the State Opera building.

Breakfast team: Michal (served us all five mornings), Vladimir (Manager) and Zuzana (Manager); thank you very much for taking personal care of us during breakfast our whole stay. We very much appreciated your personal attention and service to us, we felt very welcome. The breakfast buffet was very tasty and various and worldwide; from Asian to American to European. Wonderful Art Deco interior with intimate ‘corner’ seats with comfortable couches and seats.

Dinner team: At the 8th of March we had great dinner in the Zinc Restaurant. Our waiter’s service (sorry I haven’t seen your name) was very friendly; he recommended nice combinations of food and wine and regularly checked if everything was to our liking.

Our overall experience was very impressive; staff was so friendly, polite and open. We will recommend the Hilton Old Town Hotel Prague to everyone who is planning to visit Prague; a surprising city with rich history and culture. We will definitely book this hotel again when we plan our next visit to Prague.

4 Thank Nalu87
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for posting your very nice and extensive feedback, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

It was more than a pleasure, to see that you took advantage of our location and enjoyed our beautiful city. I am glad to learn, you liked our hotel facilities, bedroom, newly renovated spa, our breakfast and dinner offer, we are especially thrilled, that our Team made your stay and birthday celebration unforgettable. Thank you for remembering all the names of our colleagues and mentioning them, I will proudly share your words with the entire Team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, and to ensure you have again a fully enjoyable time.

With kindest regards,,

West London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Can't fault the Hilton Old Town Prague. The style of the hotel was art deco and the fire was welcoming.The staff were polite and helpful, the room was very nice, clean and warm. The facilities ie the indoor pool and gym good. Would recommend a stay there. The position of the hotel is good, you can walk easily around to do your sightseeing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bosswomanWestLondon
Dear Sir/Madam,

Let me thank you for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your nice comments with us. It was great to read that, you were satisfied with our location, service provided by the team members, and the bedroom and spa facilities at our property. We all very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,

Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is best service and food I ever met!!! Great location! Definitely best hotel in the world!!!Best food and service, great location! I paid extra money foe executive plus room - it is bigger, on the corner and provide enter to Exec. lounge. I'm very happy, case of lounge and room is very good and I get value for money I've paid

Room Tip: I paid extra money foe executive plus room - it is bigger, on the corner and provide enter to Exec...
1 Thank Ilyasvinkin
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and very nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations, and we all are very proud to be your “best hotel in the world”. We look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,