“Get the Executive Level Room”

Hilton Prague Old Town
Ranked #100 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Get the Executive Level Room”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked this hotel with hilton honor points, and the executive level was the same price as a normal room (this usually means the rooms cost the same). I would definitely encourage the room upgrade. We were on the top floor, and had a view of the tops of the buildings in the main square. We also had free bottles of water and nuts upon our arrival, and a card for the hotel manager welcoming us. Th executive level allows you access to the executive lounge, which provides free wifi, free breakfast, and free drinks (including beer, wine, and self service liquor bar). The breakfast was good, and the free wifi saves you about 20 dollars a day if you bought it in your room. During the day, they also have snacks available, and at night they have tapas style food. Little stuff, but nice with a pre or post dinner drink. Really a nice perk. The room itself was large and very comfortable. It was quiet, except they were working on the elevator during the day. It wasnt very noisy and you are gone during the day anyways, but if you are going to try to take a nap during the day, it is something to be aware of. There is also a garage for about 20 dollars a day if you have a car. The hotel is about a 10 min walk to the main square, and there is two tram stations right around the corner. Overall, I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

2 Thank ybselgo
miroslav_pijak, Front Office Manager at Hilton Prague Old Town, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,
Allow me to thank you for taking time with sharing your nice review of Hilton Prague Old Town on the Trip Advisor website.

I am very pleased to hear, that you felt welcomed to our hotel, and you have fully enjoyed the quality of your bedroom and executive lounge facilities with the refreshment offer.
I feel very sorry to learn, you were disturbed by the lift maintenance noise, do please accept my apologies for this.
I am looking forward to welcome you back to our property in near future.

With Kindest Regards,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 16, 2013

From the 7th until the 12th of March this year my boyfriend and I stayed at the Hilton Old Town Hotel in Prague. Since we were staying for five nights, we got the opportunity to experience most of the hotel. It is situated in the Old Town centre, walking distance of almost every part of Prague we wanted to visit; museums, Old Square with the Astronomical clock, Jewish quarter, Charles Bridge, shopping malls (Palladium) and loads more. There are Hilton taxis in front of the hotel and shuttle bus that runs every half an hour to take you to the airport for 10 euro's per person.

At check-in we had a friendly welcome by the Front Office staff. We had a very spacious, clean and quiet executive room in the corner of the 6th floor. We also had access to the executive lounge on the 8th floor, where light snacks and all sorts of drinks were served through the day. Every night we had turndown service and the housekeeping team, who greeted very friendly every time, also took good care of small details like fresh bottles of water beside our bed and folding our clothes.

We also went to the Spa in the hotel. After a long afternoon of sightseeing, it was very relaxing to swim for some time. Bathrobes, slippers and towels were provided, which was very convenient.

I celebrated my birthday in Prague; when we got back in our hotel room that afternoon, I was totally surprised to see a delicious birthday chocolate cake on the table with Happy Birthday and my name written on it, a bowl of fresh strawberries and a bottle of prosecco with two glasses. I also got two personal birthday cards; one by the guest relations executive and one by the management team of the hotel, all signed personally. What a fantastic way of congratulating me on my birthday!

I would like to give a special thank you to some of your staff;

Management team: Thank you very much for the birthday surprise in our room. It was such a nice present from your side, I really appreciated this and we enjoyed all the tasty things. You take personal care of your guests and show true interest, which made me feel special as your guest.

Concierge: Katarina, thank you for your great advice in restaurants and theatre shows. We very much enjoyed trying Czech food (delicious!) at the Kolkovna Celnice restaurant around the corner and went to the spectacular Nabucco Opera at the State Opera building.

Breakfast team: Michal (served us all five mornings), Vladimir (Manager) and Zuzana (Manager); thank you very much for taking personal care of us during breakfast our whole stay. We very much appreciated your personal attention and service to us, we felt very welcome. The breakfast buffet was very tasty and various and worldwide; from Asian to American to European. Wonderful Art Deco interior with intimate ‘corner’ seats with comfortable couches and seats.

Dinner team: At the 8th of March we had great dinner in the Zinc Restaurant. Our waiter’s service (sorry I haven’t seen your name) was very friendly; he recommended nice combinations of food and wine and regularly checked if everything was to our liking.

Our overall experience was very impressive; staff was so friendly, polite and open. We will recommend the Hilton Old Town Hotel Prague to everyone who is planning to visit Prague; a surprising city with rich history and culture. We will definitely book this hotel again when we plan our next visit to Prague.

4 Thank Nalu87
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for posting your very nice and extensive feedback, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

It was more than a pleasure, to see that you took advantage of our location and enjoyed our beautiful city. I am glad to learn, you liked our hotel facilities, bedroom, newly renovated spa, our breakfast and dinner offer, we are especially thrilled, that our Team made your stay and birthday celebration unforgettable. Thank you for remembering all the names of our colleagues and mentioning them, I will proudly share your words with the entire Team.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, and to ensure you have again a fully enjoyable time.

With kindest regards,,

West London
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Can't fault the Hilton Old Town Prague. The style of the hotel was art deco and the fire was welcoming.The staff were polite and helpful, the room was very nice, clean and warm. The facilities ie the indoor pool and gym good. Would recommend a stay there. The position of the hotel is good, you can walk easily around to do your sightseeing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bosswomanWestLondon
Dear Sir/Madam,

Let me thank you for staying at Hilton Prague Old Town and sharing your nice comments with us. It was great to read that, you were satisfied with our location, service provided by the team members, and the bedroom and spa facilities at our property. We all very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Kindest regards from the golden city of Prague,

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is best service and food I ever met!!! Great location! Definitely best hotel in the world!!!Best food and service, great location! I paid extra money foe executive plus room - it is bigger, on the corner and provide enter to Exec. lounge. I'm very happy, case of lounge and room is very good and I get value for money I've paid

Room Tip: I paid extra money foe executive plus room - it is bigger, on the corner and provide enter to Exec...
1 Thank Ilyasvinkin
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to thank you for your stay and very nice review about our hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations, and we all are very proud to be your “best hotel in the world”. We look forward to welcoming you back in our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Warfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Firstly, can I recommend www.prague-airport-transfers.co.uk. They promptly picked us up from the airport and was minutes early for the transfer back. Very reliable! The company also provides free 4hr walking tour plus other types of paying tours. Most importantly rates are very reasonable.

The journey from the airport to the hotel took around 25 minutes. Wondrous journey seeing Prague in the night sky and passing some very beautiful buildings, famous bridges and the River Vltava. Upon arriving, initially, I felt shortchanged because the hotel's building isn't a feature and blended into the other office/shops blocks. Next to the hotel is also the train/bus station which can be convenient for anyone happy to travel via public transport.

I was immediately put to rest with the smiling faces of front office staff. Check in was efficient and quick and we were given key cards to two of our executive suites. We were advised where breakfast was served and the times which incidentally is longer hours on the weekend finishing at 11 instead of 10am.

The executive rooms are on the 9th floor and ours were immaculate. Functional space with separate lounge and wardrobe area. Amenities that you would expect was present in the room. With bathrobes, bedroom slippers, complimentary water, generous amount of coffee, tea & milk and two televisions (in lounge & bedroom). Well done to housekeeping, the rooms were very clean and towels/coffees/teas happily replenished everyday.

We had room service and was really pleased with how efficient and kind the staff were when we ordered and when food was delivered.

Breakfast was varied with a selection ranging from Asian to European. A fantastic spread and staff couldn't be more attentive to your needs. The restaurant is warmly decorated and with very comfortable seating.

The only downside I would say is the smoking that's allowed in the lobby area just outside the bar. Unfortunately for non-smokers, it is a turn off and definitely a reason not to sit and relax by the piano and bar because the smell lingers.

My family and I also had the opportunity to preuse the hotel's taxi service. This is another unfortunate point because the driver was not only quiet and unfriendly but drove like he was in a James Bond movie driving to eliminate the good guys! Rest assured, our knuckles were bright red throughout the journey! It is also more expensive and we've learnt that it is very easy to hail a taxi as there are everywhere and much cheaper.

Location of the hotel in Old Town is perfect for sightseeing and shopping. Palladium shopping centre is 5 minutes walk away. There is a food court on the top floor to suit many different tastes. Quests for Shopping is not only covered at the Palladium but at the hundreds of shops dotted around Old Town and Wenceslas Square ( 15 minutes walk away). You will be spoilt for choice of hidden museums (ex. Museum of Torture Instruments and Museum of Dangerous Weapons and Museum of Sex Machines!) and other (more pleasant) tourist spots (ex. Chocolate factory, Charles Bridge Museum, Powder Gate, Astronomical Clock etc.) I would also like to recommend Restaurant Kamenny Stul in Old Town Square close to the vicinity of the Astronomical Clock and Salvador Dali exhibition. Amazing food and very reasonable. I absolutely loved the Beef Goulash! Yum!!!

Hilton Old Town Prague is truly a top quality hotel in terms of room standards, hospitality, professionalism and going that extra mile to make my stay comfortable and memorable.

Prague is very beautiful and there is so much to see and do! There wasn't a dull moment:)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Fussytraveller75
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you so much for posting your very nice and detailed feedback, and giving us the chance to read about your experience.

It was more than a pleasure to see, that you liked our location and enjoyed our beautiful city. I am also very pleased, to read that our hotel facilities, bedroom and restaurant added a value to your stay, and especially that our Team made you feel comfortable and at ease. I am looking forward, to sharing this great comments with all of my colleagues.

Please do accept my apologies, for the shortcomings with the taxi service. I would like to ensure you, that we are following up on this already. Furthermore, I was sorry to note you did not liked the smoking section in the lobby. Last year we reduced the number of smoking rooms to only one floor, our restaurant and bar is fully non-smoking and we have tried to only keep a small side of the lobby as a space for our smoking guests.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future, to ensure you spend even more enjoyable time.

Best regards,

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I are Hilton Members and we have stayed in a lot of hotels all over the world, but this hotel had by far the best inclusive perks and the best service. I read that you can pay an extra fee if you are not a member for the executive club and I would recommend it as it includes food and drink from 6:30am to 10:30pm, including alcohol and a great breakfast spread. Our room was updated and spacious and quiet as well. The only negative is they are working on the elevators right now and it creates some noise during the day, but that did not effect us as we were out and about during the day. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay for the executive club benefits.
1 Thank C597044
Dear Sir/Madam,

Allow me to kindly thank you for your stay and the very pleasant review about the hotel.

I was delighted to read, that our facilities exceeded your expectations and I am also very proud that you found the service provided by our Team as best.

Regarding the lift maintenance noise, we tried to organise the work during the day in order not to disturb our guests in the morning and evening, please do accept my deep apology for any disturbance.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future.

Warm greetings from the Team at Hilton Prague Old Town,

Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

With Hilton Points we were given an executive room for the same points as for a standard room. The executive lounge had free wi-fi access (though I think all hotels should have free wi-fi in their rooms...), snacks and drinks available all day and a tasty breakfast buffet.
The bed was very comfortable and the room (at the back of the hotel) was very quiet.
The location was excellent, only a few moments from Republic Square and a 7 minute stroll to Old Town Square.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarieGlasgow
Dear Sir/Madam,

We very much appreciate your lovely comments about our hotel and we pride ourselves in trying to exceed our guests expectations. It is very nice to hear that you liked our location, bedroom and executive lounge facilities and you had a good sleep.

Once again thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.