“A central Europe delight”

Ranked #85 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Just returned from an Archers holiday that took in Nuremburg, Prague, Vienna, Budapest and Austria. Divided by 2 night and 1 night stopovers it was brilliant. Having always wanted to see these countries but assumed they would be a bit drab and still influenced by the communism, how wrong I was. Not only beautiful buildings and steeped in history, every country had a character of its own. The Viennese evening and the night time dinner cruise on the Danube will never be forgotten, where the Buda parliament building is lit up to such an extent it can be seen from outer space. Ok it's a little bit more expensive than I thought it would be but well worth the extra. If you don't mind sausage or dumplings with every meal it's a real treat.

Room Tip: Most of the hotels on the tour were not more than 4 floors so whatever the location was fine with pl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
WilliamBoulton-Smith, General Manager at Prague Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2014

Dear PixieEngland,

I would like to thank you for your comment on your recent visit of Prague Marriott.

From reading this review it looks like you had a wonderful tour full of great experiences and I'm pleased we could be a part of it.
If you should come back please do feel free to contact us and I am sure we could recommend some inetersting and varied reataurants.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

The Prague Marriott has a great location in the city centre - a short stroll to old town and about a 10 minute walk to Charles Bridge.
The rooms are nicely appointed - roomy, clean etc - what you would expect from the Marriott. The beds were extremely comfortable with fluffy puffs of clouds for pillows (ok, I may have walked a lot and been very tired!)
The bar in the lounge on the ground floor is very reasonably priced (but then alcohol in Prague is cheap!), so not prohibitive to enjoy a few. Breakfast buffet was comprehensive.
There is a supermarket right next door - look for the BILLA sign.
The only downside is Wi-Fi. Whilst it's free in the lobby, not so in your rooms. Pretty poor given most budget hotels give you free room Wi-Fi these days.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 27, 2014

There were only few 5star hotel around this location I was looking into. I was left with this one since it was a last minute booking. Thinking it's an American-chain hotel with very good reviews, I couldn't go wrong...

Well, nothing went wrong it was just way below my expectation. I've never stayed at a marriott before so I can't really compare however this hotel is definitely NOT a 5-star standard.

The room was an ok size and pretty clean but it was outdated. Don't expect any "view", the restroom looked sad - bath tub with shower curtain and rusty stain evrywhere, the wall and ceiling had many molds and leak cracks. The "world" gym was not world caliber and so was the sauna and pool.

The only thing I remembered was good was the Cafe Illy (I love Illy coffee) downstairs at the lobby and the French cafe across the street, in front of the hotel. The location was good too though it wasn't the best, very close proximity to the Paladium Mall, central station, and the Powder Tower.

Staff was just ok, nobody left an impression.

We stayed there during the past soccer/football World Cup so the not-so-big bar was always super packed. Fun but very crowded.

I'd not recommend this hotel if you're expecting a 5-star hotel. Stay with no expectation then you'll be fine. I'd not return.

• Stayed: July 2014
WilliamBoulton-Smith, General Manager at Prague Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear mluv2travel,

Thank you for choosing Prague Marriott Hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

I am very disappointed to hear that you found our service to be below your expectations.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and we would like to call you at a convenient time for you to follow up on your visit and comments.
I would be grateful if you could forward your contact details to us at mhrs.prgdt.gr.mgr@marriotthotels.com so that we may connect directly.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

A central hotel within a walking distance to all amenities and famous sights of Prague (Powder Tower 2 mins walk, Astronomical Clock less than 10 mins) . The tube station is 1 min walk as well as the main train station. We stayed at this hotel for 6 days and it was a leisure trip. The room was very clean and quite big with two comfordable double beds. The breakfast buffet had a great deal of options for every taste. Moreover the staff was very helpful and polite and gave us guidelines and suggestions, as it was our first time in Prague. I will definately be back in Prague and stay again at this hotel. Afterall, I would totally suggest this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Rooms noisy
Could hear next door's electric toothbrush
Beds shake when doors slam
Air con noisy and hopeless
20 minute queue to get into breakfast restaurant: had to sign it at front desk them be shown to table by the guy who also had to answer phone calls, clear and lay tables. Not allowed to choose own table or go in unescorted. Terrible system. I complained and got a grunt but no dialogue.
Waitress terribly stressed
Ran out of fruit juices & sauces and omelette man doing anything and everything except omelettes
Allow an hour to get through it

Stayed: August 2014

Dear andyian1965,

Thank you for staying at the Prague Marriott Hotel on your recent visit to Prague and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I was most concerned to learn about your experince and would like to extend my sincere apologies for the service failures you endured during your stay.

Your satisfaction is very important for us as we strive to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Therefore, I would kindly like to ask you to give us an opportunity to discuss this matter further.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

PROS
-Exceptionally located just near the central square and old town.
-Very good sleeping: bed, pillows and cover.
-Good staff at reception, lobby/bell boys and restaurant.
-Garage with good daily rate.
-I got free WFI in the room.
CONS
-Monotonous breakfast – practically identical food over all 5 days of our staying.

Room Tip: -Avoid chambers nearby ice machine room which are pretty noisy when the equipment is functioning...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2014

We were booked into the Marriott when our originally booked hotel had some issues - it was not our first choice. We wanted somewhere with a bit more character. Have to say we had no complaints - same as Marriotts the world over! Could do with some refurbishment to maintain 5-star status. All required facilities on site. Afternoon coffee and cakes was excellent. Health club was also good. I can imagine if you are an American traveller, you will know exactly what to expect.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family