“Great location for your stay in Prague”

Prague Marriott Hotel
Ranked #85 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Austin, TX
“Great location for your stay in Prague”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed five nights at the Prague Marriott and it was a great location. The bellman, Vaclau was very helpful and nice. The hotel was close to shops and restaurants and nightly liveliness. Not sure if it's the city or the hotel but some of the staff was not as friendly as we experienced at other Marriott hotels during our trip to Europe, but it was adequate. The room was comfortable but not the best view. It had A/C but was a bit warm in the room. We are Gold Members and the lounge was nice being two levels, but the food was only adequate, the fruit and veggies not real fresh. We were traveling with a friend that is vegan and the staff did offer her a salad each evening which was much appreciated. I want to thank Zdena for her help with my vegan friend! Also we are runners and it was about a 10 minute run to Letna Park. This park is worth the walk, some amazing sights in there! Overall a good stay in Prague.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank longtimeresident

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In terms of location, service, and price (a little over $200/night in March for comfortable-sized room) -- as well as food amenities (breakfast and late-afternoon appetizers) for Marriott Gold and Platinum rewards points members -- I don't think we could have done better than stay in this hotel, especially on our first trip to Prague. It is just outside of Old Town, two short blocks from Municipal House and the Powder Tower, and also walkable (in a different direction) to the central train station and Wenceslas Square. The staff were friendly and went out of their way to assist us in developing walking and bus strategies to see the city. Their English was usually excellent. And, without going into detail, the food options on the concierge floor for Gold/Platinum Marriott rewards points members were simply terrific, and in a cozy and very friendly setting too. Obviously, if you want to experience a distinctively Czech hotel and only eat in authentically Czech restaurants, this isn't the place for you. But staying here truly enabled us to optimize our sight-seeing, and that was our main goal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Spalt, Germany
Reviewed July 21, 2013

In this hotel they are really freindly on the reception desk. Tghe room are big and clean.

The price is aceptable could be a little bit less.

In the bar was great service as well nuts and olives arwe there as well

Not far from the hotel there are a lot of resturants and bars

Would go back again

Room Tip: Take a room to the inside not a nice few but quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Nanticoke, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We recently lodged at the Prague Marriot downtown during a family vacation.Service non-existent horrible. We're accustomed to receiving excellent service at American marriots. ONly good thing about this hotel was its proxmity to attractions. Its right incity center.Otherwise, it stinks.AT marriots here, usage of business ctr is complimentary. Here, you had to pay and request a cash voucher so it wouldnt be charged to your room. All i wanted to do is check my yahoo acct. it would take 5 mins. they wanted to charge me 40 for 5 mins. ALso, no wifi in room. u have 2 pay for that. u can only access wifi in lobby and that experience was horrible. couldnt connect. finally, no customer service at all. we asked for xtra toiletriesthey refused, asked questions about other things, nothing. also, they charged my father 1 dollar for a 2 second phone call to another hotel down street. again this will b one and only stay in prague. Maybe i can return there in 20 yrs after i pay off this trip.However i will choose a holiday inn instead of this one. lets be honest. i dont speak czech. i speak a little polish which is close.However,language wasn't the key issue. Lack of consideraton, customer service, or any care was it.they're cs stinks bad. Ive stayed in many marriots over the years. this is by far the worst yet. if your traveling to prague-and you'll love the city-book a family owned hostel or economy hotel if you expect and demand a certain level of quality guest care as a Marriot rewards points member, you won't get it here. we should've just booked a hostel. this hotel is beyond horrible. avoid at all cost if u like marriots and the service that your accustomed to receiving at them. ken lopez

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Kenneth L
Hurghada, Egypt
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I was two days for business and booked Marriott but I think I will not do it again as I have the impression that Marriott is loosing very important point is to trainee their staff specially reception
I arrived late night and there was receptionist doesn't speak chezch language and said if you want speak chezck go to my colleague I don't know if this good idea, I had to extend my stay for one more night that's why I had to make check inn once again and there was very strange and not good example for Marriott at all as he insist that there's no booking I asked him to check the reservation he said { it's Sunday and nobody working in reservation } I pass him by phone to my colleague made reservation through his office and after he spoke with him he said that my colleague has no " clu " after talking to manager she apologizes and I get my room because there was booking of course !!,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Moudy E
Milford, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Location is about the best I can say about this hotel. Bathroom floor had dirt by sink, stain on bed skirt. We were supposed to get boxed breakfasts which was paid for, because we had to leave for airport before restaurant opened, but there was a miscommunication and it was not prepared. Staff was not very helpful or interested in solving the problem.

Room Tip: Free Internet in lobby only
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank drog23
St. Thomas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed three nights at the Prague Marriott after a river cruise. This hotel is in an excellent location, within short walking distance to the major attractions, trains, banks and there is even a supermarket right around the corner. The bedrooms and bathrooms are large and the bed and pillows are excellent. In fact, they were prefect for a good night's rest after being tired walking around the city. The breakfast was adequate, nothing to write home about, but it satisfied our breakfast needs while we were in Prague. This hotel would have received an excellent rating, except for two reasons. First, when we arrived after a transfer from Viking River Cruise, the front desk indicated that we should be checked in by Viking and not them. We were sent to the Viking desk in the lobby, however, we were sent back by Viking who indicated that the hotel should check us in, not them. It made sense to me since it is their hotel, not Viking's. So we were sent back to the front desk. By this time the line was pretty long and the clerk seemed overwhelmed. In my opinion, the line was long because everyone checking in had to fill out a form. I made a suggestion to the clerk to give us the form while we wait, but she did not take to kindly to my suggestion and waited until everyone was in front of her to hand them the form to fill out. This only made the line longer. The other problem I had with this hotel is that wifi is free only in the lobby area. We spent a month in Europe and the Prague Marriott was the only hotel which did not offer free wifi in the rooms. In fact, it cost 18 euros. That's ridiculous. Other than that, this is an excellent hotel and I would not hesitate to stay there again, but will spend a lot of the time in the lobby to connect to the internet trying to communicate with family and friends back home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple