“Really good hotel with bed backyard”

Jalta Boutique Hotel
Ranked #105 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Zagreb
“Really good hotel with bed backyard”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stay in hotel this week in August for two nights. This is really great hotel, with some things I didn´t liked. First good things, great big room and bathroom, very clean, you have tea and coffee to make by yourself in the room. Stuff are really very friendly and they will help you with everything. Breakfast is great, you have choice from ham, sausages, cold plates, sweet breakfast, eggs...you can choose something.
Bad thing is that rooms from number X09-bigger number have view in the backyard which is not good, to be honest really bad. Also there is much noise at the evening and one night it was until midnight almost - they probably have some laundry room or something like that in that part. You can close the door of balcony and you will have your peace for sleeping but i don´t like that so for me this is only bad thing.
Location is great and you have 10 minutes walk to Karluv most and half hour to the Castle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed here from 27/7/12 for two nights for our wedding anniversary we could not have picked better. The staff were so helpful and so friendly, first class service. The breakfast was ok but the meal in the restaurant was so lovely I really can't wait to return to this hotel it was right where we needed to be . Room was spotless and well equipped .

Room Tip: Talk to Paul on front desk he can work magic
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bev1711
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just back from a wonderful five night stay in Hotel Jalta in Prague from the 26th - 31st July 2012. I would higly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague. Hotel Jalta is a modern boutique hotel located in Wenceslas Square. Upon arrival at the hotel I was impressed with the modern and clean decor in the reception area. The staff at reception were very welcoming and friendly, with very good English. Check-in was fast and a member of staff helped us up to the bedroom with our luggage. Our bedroom was on the 6th floor, with a balcony overlooking the square. The room was very comfortable and very clean. It also had very good air conditioning system. Although the bedroom was compact, it was very pleasant and cosy. A buffet breakfast was included in the price. This was one of the highlights of the hotel. The buffet had a wonderful selection of good quality food to suit every taste, from the traditional cooked breakfast to healthier options such as fruit and cereals. The staff at the buffet breakfast were very helpful and friendly. Another highlight of this hotel was the WiFi in the bedrooms and throughout the hotel. The reception area also had a computer with free internet access for guests. The staff at reception were very helpful and courteous. We were able to book tours at the front desk and also bus and subway tickets. We forgot to bring a travel adaptor and the reception desk provided one for us. Would definitely stay at this gem of a hotel again!

Room Tip: Would defintely recommend a bedroom with a city view including a balcony.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S
Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I used tripadvisor before booking this hotel and virtually all of the reviews were positive (well, you can't please everyone, can you?). Overall, I really enjoyed the stay - the room was big and airy, the beds big and comfy, the bathroom clean and the staff bent over backwards to do everything they could to help (after we checked out we had a 6-hour wait before our afternoon transfer and the Manager happily allowed us to lock our bags in their baggage room free-of-charge).

The only tiny grumble is (as has been said elsewhere) why on earth doesn't a quality hotel like this have a proper coffee machine? Aaaaaarghhhhhhhh........ a bit miffed that I had to go to Starbucks to get my morning 'fix'....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank theyogaman
Manchester
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I just wonder if there are 2 Hotel Jaltas as the one I stayed in was just awful. I arrived and was given a tiny room that wasn't very nice. The hallways were honestly like The shining very dark and depressing. i decided to get something to eat and then take a walk. Restaurant was good and super nice staff. However once I walked outside there was a strip club and hookers on the street one door down from the hotel.
I immediately went back to my room found another hotel and never looked back!
The location of the hotel is in a very seedy part of town...at night anyway. I would not recommend solo travellers staying here and I found it to be very very dark and depressing.
The staff from what I experienced were very very accomodating.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Salford66
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2012

My Husband and I had a great 3 nights stay here. Excellent staff, rooms and restaurant. We arranged with the Hotel directly a transfer from the airport and room with a balcony. We had a lovely room with balcony overlooking square and transfer worked brilliantly. The hotel even helped my Husband to arrange a bouquet of roses for me for my birthday. Staff were all very helpful and friendly and we had an amazing time in Prague and wouldn’t hesitate recommending the Jalta.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hopewell, New Jersey
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Jalta and had a very nice experience. The staff were friendly and courteous and fluent English speakers. The location is perfect as you have the hustle and bustle of Wenceslas Square and the proximity to the historic attractions of Prague. This is an amazing city. Breakfast was enjoyable and the staff attentive. We utilized the "Business Center" to check-in for our flight and print our boarding passes and the front desk staff was accommodating in this regard, as well as in arranging an early taxi for a very early flight. A recent post mentioned the rooms facing the alley, and we had one of these as well, but since we used the room to shower and sleep, we welcomed the quiet of not facing the square. The rooms were clean and comfortable; only issue was tissues weren't refilled after the first day, but we nabbed a box from the maid's cart, so no worries. Bottom line, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends