“intercontinental”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #98 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 17, 2014

great location, few minute walk to old town squar&the paladium mal.15 minut from museum.
the room are big and very clean. breakfest are very good. the spa is very good and clean.
the staff generosity ןד remarkable

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear zivpo,
Thank you for your time spending with us at our property and sharing your personal experience via tripadvisor. I am very pleased reading these kinds of feedbacks which exactly gives us the best available and most valuable message about our overall service and hospitality. Thank you for 5 stars. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,752)

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Everything from booking to staying here was first class. Friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff plus immaculate rooms & facilities. Location spot-on; there is nothing more to add... just can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear owlgirl1867,
I would like to pass you many thanks for your stay with us, at InterContinental Prague during April 2014 and sharing with us your wonderful words. I am really pleased to read such nice comments especially regarding the friendliness of our staff – great and thank you for letting us know directly. We are looking forward to your return. Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is in an incredible location, an easy five minute walk to old town square, almost impossible to get lost. The rooms are really nice, huge rooms, especially for Europe. But the service could use some polishing. Every day during my stay, I would leave my do not disturb sign on the door. Every day, I would come back to have my room cleaned, and all of my stuff moved around. I appreciate that the staff wanted to make sure my room was clean, but I specifically requested that no one enter my room, and this request was constantly neglected. I even asked the front desk to make a note, and still this continued.
Spa and pool were great, although down a separate elevator in the back of the building.

Room Tip: Do not worry about a river view room, the hotel is right on the river but the view is nothing specia...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Tarnold8200

Dear Tarnold8200,
It is my pleasure to thank you for your stay with us, at InterContinental Prague during April 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. I do appreciate your personal experienced feedback sharing with us directly – thank you very much. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the not disturb sign and I would like to assure you that have already arranged all necessary steps and actions to avoid any similar scenarios occurred to our customers in the future. I would only kindly ask you forwarding me directly the particular room number and the period of your stay for further follow up. I still do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our property and prove to you our commitment. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was attending a business event in Prague for two nights and decided to book this hotel since I am a premier IHG member. This is an older property in a good location of Prague - close to old town and the castles. Easy walking distance to pretty much everywhere although the exact hotel location is not really in the center of town.

Apparently parts of the hotel had gone through renovation - lobby, reception area and restaurant are all looking fine but guestrooms are clearly not so. I got an room upgrade (so I was told) - while my room was comfortable and spacious, I felt like the room has seen its better days and definitely need a makeover.... dark/light wood, older carpet and late 80's furnishings. Nevertheless, it is still a good space to relax.

I was a bit shocked to learn as the Platinum Ambassdor IHG member, I would not have access to Club Lounge like I do at other IC properties elsewhere in the world, unless I pay extra. Not sure how other people here got their lounge access but clearly not my case. I decided to take the discount offer for one night just to check out the Lounge facility. Unfortunately to say, I did not find the extra 30 euro worthwhile as the lounge is small, cramped and food items are scarce. Guests will be better off paying less either eating breakfast at the hotel restaurant or elsewhere.

I also used the hotel taxi service to airport - 600 czech dollar, which is quite reasonable considering outside taxi can easily charge anywhere from 500-700 czech dollars. And I'm glad to say hotel did a very good idea taking care of my request. The overall hotel service is quite good as well. Very efficient

In all, I consider this a good hotel especially after I found out how much my colleagues paid for another 5-star hotel. The verdict? I guess I wouldn't mind using this hotel again but since there are quite a number of similar class hotels in the same price range, I think I will try other options next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SanFranExplorer
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear SanFranExplorer,
Let me firstly take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague to attend business event in our lovely city. I do appreciate your valuable and very detailed feedback sharing with us and I am personally happy to read about your positive comments related to our location, new renovated Breakfast restaurant, lobby and Bar area – thank you for sharing with us. I am pleased to confirm to you the fact that according to your pictures sharing with us you were staying in Executive King Bed room which is 2 levels higher than standard room category. Club Lounge access, according to Ambassador rules and conditions, is available for additional fee only however our Ambassador loyalty members are getting much better prices – exactly the special one you were being offered. We are still looking forward welcoming you back so please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague. Have a lovely day.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Stayed 6 nights, great location, classy hotel, great service on all levels, including lounge with breakfast and evening cocktails. Lots of benefits being a status member, including upgrade to executive suite. Highly recommeneded!

Room Tip: Be a loyalty member, to get great upgrades!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear gumball997,
It is my pleasure to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice and staying with us in total of 6 nights. Your wonderful words about your satisfaction especially regarding Club Lounge and Suite upgrade are more than appreciated. This kind of personal feedback, especially from Loyalty customer, is honestly the best available award for all of us as customer satisfaction is the most important focuses at our property – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the near future.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Can't beat the location, and perfect for a whirlwind Europe trotting American tourists seeing Prague for the first time. Easy access to all the shopping and the tourist spots, the Old Sinagogue 200 ft away, next to the river, all good. However, service is spotty, the shower stall so small (less than 2ftx2ft) that you keep shutting off the water every time you turn, room key has to get reset every day, the breakfast restaurant staff do their best to ignore you (my record was 30 min this morning without even being acknowledged), and many more annoying things that really don't fit into the 5 star service definition. If you're looking for a quiet hotel with great personal service, this is definitely not it

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank misha r
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear hi_stick,
Let me firstly take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable feedback sharing with us and I am personally happy to read about your positive comments related to our location. It is disturbing to read about your disappointments and I am truly sorry for the fact you were not feeling valued and appreciated. I have already passed and shared your particular experiences with my departmental heads to avoid any similar scenarios in the future. I would also like to assure you that this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service and we still do hope having you back with us in the future and prove to you our commitment. Please do ne hesitate to contact me directly in advance during your next time in Prague – I will personally take care about you and make your stay much more enjoyable and memorable one.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

The views are spectacular and our private table looked out over the old town. We were greeted with champagne and the food was outstanding. My only criticism is that there were some noisy toddlers running around in the restaurant (past ten o clock) and I do think there should be a time after which meals can be enjoyed peacefully. Overall though it was a hugely memorable event.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Emily007,
It is my pleasure to thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Prague during April 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences. I am very pleased to read such a lovely feedback regarding having memorable private table at our Zlata Praha restaurant and I do appreciate you are sharing with us directly. Please accept my apology for the noise running around and I do hope this kind of issue did not negatively affect your enjoyable experience. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay / dinner again memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague.