“Excellent stay with beautiful view”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent stay with beautiful view”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights over a weekend at this beautiful hotel. The view from the restaurant and the outdoor area on the roof was superb. We loved the area where you could get a drink or something to eat any time of the day or evening, it was replenished regularly. All the staff were helpful and courteous. The position of the hotel is excellent. Loved the flowers in the entry.

Room Tip: Make sure you go up to the roof top to see the view. Ask for a room with a river view, and the hig...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Annie88Sydney,
Let me firstly take this opportunity to thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. Your wonderful words about your satisfaction especially regarding entry flowers, roof top restaurant, location and helpful staff are more than appreciated. This kind of personal feedback is honestly the best available award for all of us – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. If there is anything we can do for you during your next time in Prague please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Spent a long weekend (Fri-Sun) at the Intercontinental with the family (parents with children aged 15, 15, 10). We upgraded our junior suite and standard room to 2 conjoined rooms (executive suite and a regular room), early check in (9:00 am) and late checkout (16:00) for an extra $200. Well worth it. Rooms were very clean and spacious, although décor was a bit old fashioned. Service was extra fast (extra bed, Jacuzzi technician). Breakfast was superb with an endless variety. Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location, close to tram line #17 and at a walking distance from the Old Town Square.

Room Tip: make sure to book a non smoking room and floor ask for river view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Liat F,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate all your valuable comments and I am pleased to read such kind of positive and detailed one. This kind of valuable feedback gives us the best available message and what is the most important for all of us, customer personal experience. I do appreciate your valuable comments especially related to our great location, extra fast service, superb breakfast and friendly staff. I will certainly pass your compliments to my colleagues from Zlata Praha restaurant where we do have regular and very popular Sunday brunches – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future – please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. With kind regards
Scotland
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Nice stay in fine hotel. Not pretty from the outside, but better on the inside with nice décor and comfortable rooms. Staff helpful and nothing too much trouble, especially helpful with directions etc. and recommended places to go and things to see.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank shetlandwomble
Dear shetlandwomble,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in March 2013. I do appreciate your positive comments about our hotel especially in terms of our helpful staff – it will be my utmost pleasure to share with my team and colleagues directly – thank you very much. If there is anything we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please let me know directly and I will do my best to make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. We are looking forward welcoming you back.
Binfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I spent 3 nights here. Platinum status recognised and room upgraded. We had booked rate with breakfast which was superb.
The hotel is a rather ugly building amidst many beautiful buildings in the old Jewish quarter. The location is excellent.
The room was comfortable but not luxurious and the colour scheme of olive and beige is quite dull.
There is a great pool gym and spa.
The staff are great .
The limo to / from the airport is good value and risk free. Prague is unfortunately renowned for rip off taxis and we were stung on this trip. The hotel limo was a good investment for us after that.

• Stayed January 2014
3 Thank Binman62
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Binman62,
Let me firstly take this opportunity to thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of second choice – it is great. Your wonderful words about your satisfaction especially regarding Platinum membership recognition, excellent breakfast, great staff, memorable pool and gym are more than appreciated. This kind of personal feedback is honestly the best available award for all of us as customer satisfaction is the most important focuses at our property – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. If there is anything we can do for you during your next time in Prague please do not hesitate to contact us directly – we will look forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
York, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Rooms - make sure you ask for a river view - or perhaps a view down Parisky street. A good hotel that's within 5mins walk of the Old Town Square.
Smoking and non-smoking rooms still - so make sure you get the right option reserved for you.
Pool and spa onsite (can't comment - didn't use them) - looks very good...
TVs in the bedrooms - lots of channels, including BBC1 and BBC2 - which was a nice touch - better than just CNN and BBC World Service. TV sound speaker in the bathroom if you want...
Deluxe rooms are well equipped - robes, travel adaptor, umbrella, in-room safe. Decor's nice, lots of storage, ironing board/iron stacked in the wardrobe. Extra pillows/duvets too.

From the hotel to airport - 20mins by taxi (£18 one way with the Prague cab service we used - not bad if you fill the cab with four peeps). Hotel can also arrange transfer.

Nice bar, reception area. Business centre facilities (PCs, printer - if you need to print a boarding card perhaps..)

Best about this hotel - its Sunday Brunch on the top floor restaurant. All you can eat; sushi, seafood, salads, charcuterie, cheese, breakfast items, crepes, sunday roast, vegetables, fish, desserts, ice-cream, cakes... about £35pp. You can choose to make it an unlimited champagne brunch for another £20pp (or go for the local Bohemia Sekt unlimited for about £11pp).
Service great, food excellent. Fantastic views down across roof tops towards Old Square.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room and ask for a riverside view. Remember...check you've got a non-smoking room...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jo D,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate all your valuable comments and I am pleased to read such kind of positive and detailed one. This kind of valuable feedback gives us the best available message and what is the most important for all of us, customer personal experience. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future – please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one.
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in January while Prague was not full of sightseers.Picked up from airport by Prague airport transfers....excellent choice as they gave us details of a free guided tour,a reduced price evening river tour and our own destination booklet.Hotel was a brilliant choice(part of the BA Winter sale)...upgraded to a deluxe room overlooking the Vltava river.Spotlessly clean ,spacious with warm single duvets on a king size bed.Extensive breakfast choices and omlettes cooked to order.The whole hotel complex was very well maintained.Superb Spa.Hotel staff all attentive and polite.Drinks a bit expensive compared to local bars etc.Fabulous location being 5 minutes walk to the Old Town Square and opposite the Jewish Museum complex.Excellent value for money !!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on Floor 5 face the river.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rod S,
It is my pleasure to thank you for your stay with us at InterContinental Prague during the month of January 2014 and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction and also the most important fact that you have enjoyed your time with us. Our luxury BMW limousine transportation service was an excellent choice as during 20-30 minutes transfer you can really enjoy beautiful parts of our lovely city. I do appreciate your positive comments related to our friendly and polite staff, lovely breakfast and cleanliness – thank you very much. This kind of positive feedback gives us clear message and best available information about our main focus, which is the customer satisfaction. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly during your next time in Prague.
Bonn, Germany
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good - I was on business trip in Prague and stayed at Intercontinental, Prague. I took limousine pick up from hotel because it was my first visit to Prague and I arrived on Sunday night. The check in and check out were quick. Breakfast was included in price and it was very good. I forgot to take toothpaste and asked for help and they came back to me in 5 minutes with a toothpaste. The gym was very well equipped and the staff at the gym were friendly.

Bad - The room I stayed has very poor internet connectivity and I heard that my colleagues had similar experience. The connection was very unstable and when I was able to connect it would disconnect every 5 minutes. The free service the hotel gives is I think 256kbps!.

Room Tip: Get a river view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank NRI2013
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear NIR2013,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague and choose our property as your hotel of first visit in Prague. I do appreciate all your valuable comments and more than happy to read about your personal experiences especially regarding the friendliness of the staff and well equipped gym – thank you for sharing with us directly. It is disturbing to read about your disappointments regarding internet connectivity and I would like to assure you that we have already arranged all necessary steps to avoid similar scenarios in the future. Our standard speed of internet connection is 512KB. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested