“Our 6th stay so far ;)”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #98 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

We have visited Prague about 12 times, and so far we have stayed in 4 differing hotels. Intercontinental has probably the best location for shopping and sightseeing. Always high standard on both rooms, bar and facilities. Nice party on New Year's Eve which actually planned third year on row. Highly recommended.
Subway station Starometska nearby will bring you to most tourist attractions in case you don't feel like walking.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank THREOslo
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear THREOslo,
I would like to thank you for choosing again InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice – it is great to read valuable comment and personal experiences especially from our regular customers, like you are – thank you for sharing with us via tripadvisor. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future – please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. I wish you all the best in 2014
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,752)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is a well run business style hotel in a great location in the beautiful city of Prague. The hotel staff are efficient and knowledgeable but a bit short of smiles that I'm used to living in Asia. Rooms are comfortable and they serve a great but expensive breakfast. The Head Concierge's video of Prague made me stay an extra day to experience some of the great restaurants/sites this video introduced. But all in all a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank GraemeShanghai
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear GraemeShanghai,
I am using this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your valuable comments especially related to our excellent location, efficient and knowledgeable staff and Concierge video which help you to be in tough more with heart of Prague – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please let me know in advance as I will do my best to make your stay memorable and enjoyable one. I wish you all the best in 2014

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my friend for 5 days during Christmas.The hotel is very central across the main street Pariszka which connects the central square of Prague.The hotel is very clean,rooms comfortable(slippers are missing),breakfast buffet rich!Definitely, a good choice!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Leonidas P

Dear apoplous,
I am so pleased to read such wonderful feedback from your last stay at InterContinental Prague during the Christmas time. I do appreciate your personal experiences sharing with us especially regarding our cleanliness and rich breakfast – thank you for letting us know via tripadvisor. We are looking forward having you back with us in the future and make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one. We wish you all the best in 2014.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

First the positive: the location, the front office and bar staff, the size of the junior suite, the friendliness of the breakfast and restaurant staff

Now the negative: long black hair on writing desk, longish blond hair on shower head, the protective layer (or whatever this is called) on table and desk is peeling and looks very shabby; cleaning of the room very uneven; the egg yolk of the boiled egg for breakfast was oxidized, thus certainly not fresh; the fried egg tastes mainly of frying oil as did the calf's cheeks and fish in the restaurant on the top floor; the waiters in the same restaurant are trying but badly trained, not well organised: one waiter takes the order for everything but shortly after another waiter appears asking for the wine order, once the wine bottle was turned and shaken instead of working with the corkscrew only, another time the top of the bottle was wiped clean with the bare hand, the food was served and removed from the wrong side.

In conclusion: avoid the restaurant on the top floor by all means: food mediocre at best (eaten there twice) and overpriced although the brakfast is nice, wine prices are a joke as are the wifi rates unless one sticks to the free 512bps; some of the furniture definitely needs replacing. If you can live with that the general friendliness and helpfulness of the personnel and the location make well up for it. Would I go back again: only after having tried another hotel of this category in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank B W
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear B W,
I am using this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your valuable comments especially related to our excellent location, excellent staff, lovely food and size of your room – thank you very much. It is disturbing to read about all your inconveniences and discomfort caused to you and certainly all your comments have already been forwarded to relevant department heads for further activities and action. I do hope after trying another same category hotel, will be again our hotel your future choice and we could actually look forward welcoming you back at our property during your next time in Prague. I wish you all the best in 2014.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, but the best remark about IC is the location. Close to the river and walk distance from all main attractions in Prague, I believe there is no better option for this hotel category.
The hotel itself is ok, nothing spetacular to be honest, the rooms had good size, but our room had a very small bathroom, my kids room with 2 doulble beds had a better one.
The heating was very noisy and not very easy to control the temperature. The curtains were loose at one of the corners and would not close completely, as it was winter it was ok, but would be an issue during summer.
I was a bit disapointed that the only benefit for a IHG Platinum member was a possible 15%discount in food, that I did not use, or wanted. Every time I stay in other IHG hotels, most of them from simpler chains I get some welcome amenity or at least a card from the management.
The worst part was the internet, 1 hour free and the rest paid if you want....
My kids got a welcome package, this was a plus.
In general it could be better for the price paid, but the location makes it a 4 stars review.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TPietscher
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear TPietscher,
Let me please first take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during December 2013 and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your valuable comments especially related to our very good location. I have already shared your very detailed comments with my colleagues as customer personal experience is the most valuable for all of us – thank you for it. We are certainly doing our best especially for our loyalty hotel and IHG Reward customers, certainly upon our availability and having further one for next year 2014. I do believe that we will still have a chance welcoming you back at our property during your next time in Prague – please let me know in advance and I will do my best to make your stay memorable and enjoyable one. I wish you all the best in 2014

Reviewed December 25, 2013

The best part of the InterContinental Prague is its location. It is situated within easy walking distance from the Jewish Quarter, the Old City Square, and fine shops.

The staff was courteous and helpful, and the bar/restaurant was quite convenient.

Older folks would not find the bathroom a plus, especially the tub area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph-Jane G

Dear Joseph-Jane G,
Thank you for choosing InterContinental Prague as your hotel of choice. Your valuable and overall very nice feedback is more than appreciated and I am very pleased to read such nice word. I will certainly share your comments with my colleagues as friendliness of our hotel staff is one of the most important focuses at our property – thank you for letting us know. We are looking forward welcoming you back during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

In general the hotel is what you expect from an Intercontinental. However, the temperature in the room was uncontrollable. During winter the airconditioning is switched off, which in itself makes sense if the temperature outside is around freezing point. Unfortunately the window in the room cannot be opened more than 10 cm. During the night with that window open the temperature in the room was 26 degrees centigrade. After complaining next day, the window stop was removed, so the window could be opened about 20 cm. That resulted in 22 degrees room temperature the following nights, still hotter than we like. The staff at reception said they regularly receive complaints about this from other guests as well. The fact that the problem apparently is known, and not taken care of, together with the fact that room comfort is an important part of the hotel experience resulted in the average score.

Other stuff: breakfast is very good, a nice counter with asian food, full english and more. If you prefer bread, choices are a bit limited. They have a nice gym that can be busy, an indoor pool, and a small sauna (3-4 persons). The location of the hotel is brilliant, easily accessible and still right in the city centre. Everything you need is at walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Jeroen112,
I would like to take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during December 2013 and sharing with us your personal experiences via tripadvisor. I do appreciate your valuable comments especially related to our very good breakfast, brilliant location and nice gym – thank you for letting us know directly. Your detailed concerns have already been passed to relevant department heads as satisfaction of our hotel guest is actually most important for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future during your next time in Prague. I wish you Marry Christmas and all the best in 2014.