We stayed here post cruise for four days. The location was fabulous and we walked everywhere. Our check in was smooth although with everyone arriving from two riverboats the lobby was chaotic . The gentleman who assisted us could not have been nicer nor more efficient. We enjoyed the buffet breakfast tremendously, especially liked the coffee machine and the selections of coffees. The servers clearing tables and the cooks preparing omelets were pleasant and efficient.
Our room was very nice and we liked the comfortable bedding. It was very clean and we had nice amenities. However for the cost, we would have liked another chair near the window (there was only one) and the peeling desk top needed to be replaced.
Our biggest complaint however was the Lobby bar! Was there even a bartender there? It seemed like there were three servers who were more concerned with those at tables while ignoring those sitting right at bar. We were never acknowledged or greeted although we were seated right at the bar. We had to call a bartender over to get us a drink. This was such a contrast to the wonderful bartenders and service we experienced at Budapest Intercontinental just 10 days before. Drinks were expensive but if the service had been good we wouldn't have minded. We went back a second night thinking the first night was just a fluke but the second night was even worse. For the first time ever, we left a bar without leaving any tip. The service certainly did not warrant it. For this caliber of a hotel, they need to train their bar staff in customer relations or hire new servers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha