“On our Tour”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #99 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed here as part of our River Cruise. Although it was clean and comfortable, it was lacking in friendliness. We thought that it would be as good as Budapest but there just seemed to be something lacking. There is a lovely outlook from the dining/breakfast area. The dining area closed early.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lordyclaudy
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear lordyclaudy,
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague in July 2013. I do appreciate your valuable comments which will be my pleasure to share with my colleagues directly. We do hope to see you coming back either via River Cruise or directly so please let me know directly to make your stay more enjoyable and memorable one.
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,682)

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This Hotel is very well situated at the end of the major shopping street in Prague, close to the Jewish quarter and at a 10 minutes walk from the central marketplace: ideal for those who want to visit the city !
The building itself is not very attractive, in fact an old communist building as we were told by our guide.
Inside you will find a spacious lobby and you can see right the way that this hotel is not quite new ... Room are fairly spacious, but a little worn out. Everything is clean however. Bathroom also spacious and bright. Whole hotel needs some renovation.
We had a cornerroom which was very nice. Bed are very comfortable and a large choice of pillows: great idea !
Staff is not extremely friendly, but professional. We made use of the Club Lounge and Irena who was in charge of the Club Lounge is very friendly, helpful and professional !
Breakfast in the lounge was average compared to other Intercontinental Club Lounges ( like in Asia for example), but suppose they don't have that many business customers in Prague.
Price of the hotel very reasonable.
So, in summary, not the most modern Intercontinental, nor the most luxurious hotel in Prague ( Four Seasons ?), but well situated and good price/quality.

1  Thank Traveller123Brussels
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Traveller123Brussels,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments and I am personally more than happy to read about our friendly staff, particularly Irena, at the Club Lounge. Our hotel was built 40 years ago and the style in which was built is name brutalism however I am still honestly surprised as last year we have renovated completely our breakfast restaurant, garage parking area and entire ceilings in lobby and bar area. I am again thanking you for sharing with us your personal experiences and if there is anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague, please let me know directly. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed for a week for a business conference. Could not have been any better. The staff from the moment of check in were all excellent. The entire hotel was very clean, the breakfast buffet was amazing, management was visible and pitching in. This hotel fitness facilities are available for the community which means it's large, well equipped, and even has group classes. The pool is great, salt water, heated, under a glass enclosure so you can see outside. There are showers and restrooms on location so you don't have to leave the pool area. The club lounge is a nice treat and the two staff members are incredibly helpful and friendly. Location is excellent, can walk to old town, best shops,Charles Bridge, and more. Flat rate transportation to airport.

Room Tip: Rooms have city or river views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MonicafromMiami

Dear MonicafromMiami,
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague during the month of August 2013. It is so great to read such lovely comments especially regarding our helpful staff, cleanliness, amazing breakfast and very nice fitness area – thank you very much. I will definitely pass your very positive comments to my colleagues at the Club Lounge which is more than appreciated. I would like to thank you again for your fantastic feedback and we are looking forward welcoming you back to make your stay again as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at the Intercontintal by chance, and it was fantastic. We had been "on the road" for a few days and it just hit the spot. Great service and the breakfast was brilliant. There was an iron and board which was great . Location was fantastic and if you didn't want to eat in the hotel there were plenty of good restaurants very handy to the hotel.

1  Thank Pat D
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Pat D,
I am using this excellent opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. It is so great to read about your overall satisfaction and I am more than happy you share with us your personal experiences directly. I do appreciate your lovely feedback especially related to our friendly staff and memorable breakfast – thank you very much. If there is anything we can do for you during your next time in Prague, please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly. We will look forward welcoming you back at our property.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well, Interconti is Interconti, you know what you get. The room are small (I had Room 263, quite dark and not on the "beautiful" side, which is the river side), there is everything in the room, it is just small, I was alone, two people would be annoying.
The Room Service is outstanding, a lot to choose from and really good.
The bathroom is just okay, you don't get many beauty products, actually you only get a tiny bottle of bad smelling shampoo, a tiny soap and that's it.
I stayed there for four nights and they didn't change the linens in my bed..... that's not adequate.
Good breakfast.
The rooms are noisy, the walls very thin and the house keeping makes noise in the morning (starting at 7:30) and in the afternoon (controlling the minibar), which is very annoying.
A/C units are noisy.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms from the 5th floor on, and possibly on the river side.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FLuisi

Dear musician1959,
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments related to your stay especially regarding outstanding room service and good breakfast. I have certainly shared your personal experiences with my colleagues directly as these kinds of detailed information help us to improve overall satisfaction of our hotel guest – this is the most important for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed three nights at Intercontinental Hotel Prague between 5 - 8 September 2013. Everything about the stay was excellent. The location is ideal, the rooms more than adequate, the breakfast buffet superb, the fitness centre full of state of the art machines and best of all, the staff were of the highest quality. We had a superb time and will defintely use this hotel when we next visit Prague. My thanks also go to Mr Petr Vodicka - Front Office Manager - who went out of his way to ensure that every aspect of our stay was first-rate.

Room Tip: Select a room with a river view.
2  Thank andymickChippenham

Dear andymickChippen,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very nice and positive feedback sharing with us directly and more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our lovely staff, super breakfast and memorable fitness area – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and will be my pleasure together with my team to do our best to make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here in November of last year for four nights and although it was freezing, the hotel helped make our stay absolutely perfect.
Great location whether for business or as a tourist and easily within walking distance of the Astronomical Clock and loads of other places tourists might want to see.
Prague in the winter is very different to Prague in the summer but the hotel still maintained the perfect level of service, greeting me with open arms when I arrived and offering many upgrades to me as a Gold Ambassador. The concierge was also very useful.
Good rooms, good service, quite an active hotel which is important for me and the ever-present club lounge was great too, not to mention the pool and spa.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sam D
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Sam D,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay in November 2012 and sharing with us your personal experiences. I am happy to read about your overall satisfaction and especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff as this is exactly the best available award for all of us. Your loyalty is more than appreciated and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.