“Good Hotel for tourists, but don't expect much.”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #96 of 651 Hotels in Prague
New York City, New York
“Good Hotel for tourists, but don't expect much.”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Well, Interconti is Interconti, you know what you get. The room are small (I had Room 263, quite dark and not on the "beautiful" side, which is the river side), there is everything in the room, it is just small, I was alone, two people would be annoying.
The Room Service is outstanding, a lot to choose from and really good.
The bathroom is just okay, you don't get many beauty products, actually you only get a tiny bottle of bad smelling shampoo, a tiny soap and that's it.
I stayed there for four nights and they didn't change the linens in my bed..... that's not adequate.
Good breakfast.
The rooms are noisy, the walls very thin and the house keeping makes noise in the morning (starting at 7:30) and in the afternoon (controlling the minibar), which is very annoying.
A/C units are noisy.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms from the 5th floor on, and possibly on the river side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FLuisi
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear musician1959,
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments related to your stay especially regarding outstanding room service and good breakfast. I have certainly shared your personal experiences with my colleagues directly as these kinds of detailed information help us to improve overall satisfaction of our hotel guest – this is the most important for all of us. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Chippenham, England
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed three nights at Intercontinental Hotel Prague between 5 - 8 September 2013. Everything about the stay was excellent. The location is ideal, the rooms more than adequate, the breakfast buffet superb, the fitness centre full of state of the art machines and best of all, the staff were of the highest quality. We had a superb time and will defintely use this hotel when we next visit Prague. My thanks also go to Mr Petr Vodicka - Front Office Manager - who went out of his way to ensure that every aspect of our stay was first-rate.

Room Tip: Select a room with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank andymickChippenham
Dear andymickChippen,
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very nice and positive feedback sharing with us directly and more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our lovely staff, super breakfast and memorable fitness area – thank you very much. We are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and will be my pleasure together with my team to do our best to make your stay again as much as memorable and enjoyable one.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here in November of last year for four nights and although it was freezing, the hotel helped make our stay absolutely perfect.
Great location whether for business or as a tourist and easily within walking distance of the Astronomical Clock and loads of other places tourists might want to see.
Prague in the winter is very different to Prague in the summer but the hotel still maintained the perfect level of service, greeting me with open arms when I arrived and offering many upgrades to me as a Gold Ambassador. The concierge was also very useful.
Good rooms, good service, quite an active hotel which is important for me and the ever-present club lounge was great too, not to mention the pool and spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sam D
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Sam D,
Let me take this great opportunity to thank you for your stay in November 2012 and sharing with us your personal experiences. I am happy to read about your overall satisfaction and especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff as this is exactly the best available award for all of us. Your loyalty is more than appreciated and we are looking forward welcoming you back at our property in the future.
Eance, France
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed here on two different occasions this summer, and both times were excellent.
Yes its an expensive hotel, but unlike some, the service and facilities live up to the price tag.
The first trip we spent three nights, the hotel is literally a 5 minute walk to the city centre with a lot of tourist attractions nearby, the staff were excellent, the fitness centre is very good (not sure why you would have a salt water pool indoors but it was good nonetheless), the room was very good with a lovely comfy bed.
Downsides? Nothing major but the lack of internet in the room was hard to justify at the price tag.
The second trip we were upgraded to one of the suites on the 8th floor and were even more impressed this time round.
If I/we ever come back to Prague it will be definitely to this hotel, and have recommended to others too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bobleponge216
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Bobleponge216,
I would like to take this fantastic opportunity to thank you for your both stays at InterContinental Prague. It is so great to read about your personal experiences and sharing with us your lovely comments. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back at our property and make your stay again as much as possible valuable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any further assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights. It is right on the edge of the Old Town portion of town just off the river. Close to the Astronomical Clock, Tyn Cathedral, St Nicholas Cathedral and many other places. You can walk to marionette shows and concerts, have a beer in the evening outside on the plaza. The breakfasts were with an abundance of food and variety yet crowded. The staff were more then willing to help you in any way. I can highly recommend this hotel. From here we also did the 4 hour tour to Karlstjen Castle and long day trip to Vienna.

Room Tip: I would think the river views are best and higher up.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear skibill,
I am taking this great opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I am more than happy to read about your overall satisfaction especially regarding our helpful and friendly staff – thank you for sharing with us. We will look forward welcoming you back at our property in the future and certainly arrange any further trips as we do have several lovely and memorable ones. Please do not hesitate to contact us during you next time in Prague.
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We stayed in the InterContinental in Prague for 3 days in July. The room was very nice and the hotel location was great. We did a tremendous amount of walking around the city during the day and in the evenings. The location was very convenient and safe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear BillSweeney1
Thank you for your time spending with us at InterContinental Prague during July 2013. I do appreciate your overall satisfaction feedback especially regarding our great locations and very nice room. We are looking forward welcoming you back in the future
Scottsdale
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I loved staying in the heart of Prague. The room was lovely. The breakfast was outstanding. I never saw so many varieties of cheeses, stations, etc. it was a convenient location to walk to many of the restaurants and local attractions.
I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the city.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear diann w,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with sharing with us your personal experiences. I do appreciate your overall very nice comments especially regarding our lovely breakfast – thank you very much. It will be our pleasure welcoming you back again at our property in the future.