“Friendly staff and great location”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #93 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Calgary, Canada
“Friendly staff and great location”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed at this location for six nights and was very pleased!

You have many choices in Prague but I suggest staying at the Intercontinental. The staff are friendly even though English isn't their first language and you can't beat the location. The hotel is close to all of the high end shops so bring your wallet as the shopping is GOOD! If you are looking for a hotel that can offer everything you need centrally located the stay at the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: See if you can get a corner suite. I stayed in room 344 and enjoyed the extra space.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Brian N,
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague during March 2013. One of our main focuses is satisfaction of our hotel guests so your lovely words are actually for all of us the greatest award. I do appreciate your valuable feedback regarding our friendly staff and will be our pleasure welcoming you back to our property and make sure your stay will again as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (505)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Perfectly placed by the river this hotel is a good central point for walking around Prague.
We had a river view room with a view of the Metronome in the Park. The beds were comfortable and there was an assortment of pillows for every sleeper. There was also a large umbrella in the closet which would have been handy if rainy. We found the rooms a little warm even when it was 40 degrees out so we had the window open most nights. There is very little street noise here.
Breakfast buffet was possibly one of the best I have ever seen - everything from a full English style breakfast to Japanese food. Freshly made eggs and omelets at your request. Monica, the hostess, was most helpful and Renata, our waitress, In Dukes was very patient while we practiced our few Czech words. The Zlata Praha restaurant on the top floor has amazing views over the city and we were given a window table both times we visited. The service is prompt and the food delicious. I usually ate two appetizers as we ate large lunches most days and the
chef always sent out amuse bouche for us which is a nice touch.
The concierge crew were helpful with bus and metro tickets and even had stamps for postcards which was handy.
I really liked the floral decorations in the lobby and bar - spring flowers with twigs - very fresh and attractive. If I return to Prague I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: River view is nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CRM13
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear CRM13
I am taking this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with your very positive and valuable feedback. I do appreciate and it is so wonderful to read such a lovely words about your satisfaction which is actually the best award for us. I will definitley pass your lovely comments to my colleagues, especialy Monica and Renata along to our Chef regarding our excellent breakfast selection.
We are already looking forward welcoming you back to our property in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

An incongruous hotel which from the outside does not match the Prague Old City Style. As the review title suggests it is in a great location, situated between Lesser and Old Town, on the exclusive shopping street and a 6/7 minute walk from Old Town Square and the famous Astronomical Clock. Also only 15 mins walk from Republic Square where we joined our first City Tour and 15 mins from Wenceslas Square. We did not need to use taxis or public transport during our 5 day stay due to its location. We had a lovely twin room with a river view, choose/request a no smoking floor to avoid the stale smoke smell if you are a non-smoker. That said the guests opposite to us ignored the no smoking rule on our floor but at least security sorted them out after a discrete word. Only room complaint was that they were poor at replenishing the toilet roll and we had no slippers which would have made the trips down to the pool/sauna in costume and gown possible.

Breakfast served in the ground floor restaurant was buffet style which was adequate, catering to mainly US and Asian tastes. Their omelettes were poor, as they tended to be overcooked, as they are cooked on a griddle and not an individual omelette pan, with orders muddled and often contaminated with the previously cooked omelette. American bacon is served (smoked streaky) and an array of sausages which do not compare with the british banger. The Hotels own restaurant Zlatá Praha on the 9th floor was excellent, with prices and food comparing favourably with the other top restaurants in Prague, we ate there 3 times and were pleased every time. The views from your table over the roof tops is hard to beat and when the weather allows the roof top terrace has even better views of Prague Castle and Old Town.

Tours were easily booked with the Hotel Concierge and the staff spoke good English. Currency is best exchanged in specialist shops just off Old Town Square with better rates on offer than you can get from UK banks and currency exchanges.

We recommend the hotel as a good (quiet) place to stay and will return there on our next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking floor if you do not smoke. Prague allows smoking in restaurants and bars too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gbevans66
First and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments including the positive ones especially regarding lovely room you have stayed and excellent Zlata Praha restaurant located on the top floor. All your further feedbacks will be definitely passed to my colleagues as any kind of this particular information giving us much better overview and actions for further activities. Thank you very much for your overall recommendation of our property and we are looking forward welcoming you back during your next time in Prague. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested.
Hartsville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Praha is a wonderful city. I've been there twice. The last time I stayed at the InterContinental for a week. Good service, nice rooms. The building is a little dated but it's still very nice. The car rental companies are right around the corner if you want to Czech out the countryside around Praha. I would highly recommend it. You can take a nice day trip and see dozens of beautiful castles. I love Prague!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Thomasja37
Thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with sharing with us your valuable experiences. It is very nice to read such nice comments about our services and comfortable rooms which I really appreciate it. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly during your next time in Prague to make sure your stay will be again as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed for a business trip, good reception, restaurant wasnt open at 9.00PM, but they had very good bar food. Room was very pleasant, bed was very comfortable, good internet, but why they kept buzzing my room phone I cant explain, in the end I disconnected it. Breakfast was very good, excellent service, and hugh high quality choice. The real downer for me was the "taxi" service. I took on the hotel cars outside as they dont seem to let any taxi to park outside. I took a 3Km ride and he tried to charge me 400Krns, which is only a little less than the fare from the airport. When I told him this was not right he reduced it to 200Krns, and then finally to 100Krns.

This driver tried to rip me off and wouldn't give me a receipt. All in all this really spoilt what would have a been a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Matthew B
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Matthew B
Firs and foremost I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your recent stay at InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your valuable comments and honestly thank you for sharing with us your positive feedbacks especially regarding the reception, very good food and breakfast along with excellent services. It is disturbing to hear about your disappointments especially regarding transportation services and I am truly sorry for the fact that you were not feeling valued and appreciated however I would like to assure you that this kind of experience does not reflect on our usual service. I have already passed your comments to head driver as this kind of experience has never happened to me and I really want to avoid such a kind of experience cause to any further customers in the future. I hope in despite of this experience you have enjoyed your stay with us and we will have a chance welcoming you back at our property during your next time in Prague. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After my experience of the intercontinental Warsaw, I was disappointed in regards to the dated and tired look of this property. It offers all you want, and is in a great location, but is definitely in need of a make over. Good breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Martin C
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Martin C
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with your personal valuable comments. I have to honestly say that is very difficult comparing our hotel built in 1974 to few years old brand hotel however I would like to assure you that our biggest focus is on our guest satisfaction and having them feel like at home. Please be informed that we have made huge repair of the façade in 2012 to do our best for having our hotel in best conditions. I do appreciate your satisfaction with our breakfast and we do hope having a chance welcoming you back at our hotel in the future.
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The building architecture doesn't quite fit with Prague architecture but it is a historic building from the Soviet era. It is in a great location by the river and only a few block from the old town city center. The amenity is great. The free breakfast buffet is one of the best with two nice espresso machines. You also get your own Nespresso machine in your suite. The Club is very nice with great food and great staff.

We also used their limousine service from the airport. They sent a brand new BMW 5 series to pick us up. It only costs a little bit more than taking a taxi - totally worth it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear pavee12
Thank you for your time spending at InterContinental Prague and sharing with us your very nice positive feedbacks. It will be my utmost pleasure to pass your lovely words to my colleagues as the guest satisfaction is one of the most important focuses at our property. I do appreciate and thank you very much for your valuable experiences especially from our breakfast selection, club lounge or limousine services. After reading such a wonderful feedback I do have a feeling that all our effort brings excellent results and this is the most important for us. I am already looking forward welcoming you back at our hotel in the future and make your stay again as much as possible memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly for any assistance requested during your next time in Prague.