“The Intercontinental made the trip into Prague into a perfect trip.”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #96 of 650 Hotels in Prague
Jerusalem
“The Intercontinental made the trip into Prague into a perfect trip.”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The Intercontinental is perfectly situated. You cant get lost coming back to it. Its less then 5 minutes walk from the Old Town Square and one minute walk to the Jewish Synagogues/ghetto/famous cemetery etc. The opposite direction of a minutes walk takes you to the river for cruises or across the bridge and a lovely hike up the mountain for breathtaking view of Prague from the giant metronome.
We arrived in the late morning and they allowed us early check-in. A Priority Club membership gives you extra perks such as late check out and a newspaper in the morning. We also took advantage of a complementary shoe shine. Beds were very comfortable as were the rooms. Its funny that the only complaint I read about the hotel was that the curtains came off the hooks in the middle making it difficult to close and sure enough so were ours (room 456). Breakfast was very good. The Chief Concierge Martin Droppa was an expert at everything and beyond from all cultural events to confirming our flights for us. Our flight was midnight so they let us stay until 9pm for a very reasonable price. The Spa has a very well equipped gym and a lovely salt water pool, a jacuzzi and a sauna separate for male and female in respective changing rooms. A steam sauna would make it the perfect place. A private dedicated lift takes you down to the spa so you dont have to share the lift with guests and their suitcases while you are in your bathrobe. All in all well worth the few extra Euros.

• Stayed February 2013
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear jerusalemtravel,
Let me please take this opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague and share with us your excellent experiences. I am happy to hear about your overall satisfaction and the fact that as a Priority Club Member you were feeling valued and appreciated. I would like to also thank you for your positive feedbacks regarding our quality of breakfast, comfortable beds, Health Club and Spa and our Chief Concierge Martin Droppa who was actually the person who added extra bonus to complete your satisfaction and make your stay as much as memorable and enjoyable one.
Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance requested or anything we can do for you in the future during your next time in Prague.
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a great experience throwing a pharmaceutical meeting in this hotel. The staff was great and the setup was not ideal at first for a 250 person meeting, but we soon realized that it made for an intimate meeting. Everything was in one hallway, so we didn't lose people and it kept walking to a minimum, which is great for a business meeting. It was right next to the best shopping in Praha and it was also just a walk to the famous town square. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or for a family vacation. The food was absolutely delicious in the restaurants upstairs, downstairs and in the bar.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eliseccu
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Eliseccu,
Thank you very much for your excellent feedback from the time spending recently at InterContinental Prague. Any kind of valuable comment is more than valuable for us and the nicest award is every time the satisfaction of our hotel guests. I do appreciate your recommendation of our property along with positive feedbacks regarding quality of our food. Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly and would be out utmost pleasure to assist you with anything further during your next time in Prague.
London
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed in the apartments attached to the hotel, they where exactly as shown in the photos and as we went when the weather was cold it was nice to have the apartment to go back to in the afternoon. The staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the breakfast was superb in quality and choice .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear dor9
Thank you for your stay at Golden Prague Residence last year in October. I do appreciate your lovely feedback especially regarding attentiveness of our staff and quality of breakfast which will be my pleasure to share with the rest of my team. I am sure that there is still opportunity to come during spring/summer period as Prague and Czech Republic offers several memorable trips and tours to visit. I am looking forward having chance welcoming you back to our property and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance requested in the future.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed at the IC for 3 nights total.
Overall – good experience with some minor defects.
The hotel location is perfect within a short walking distance to the major touristic sites. Surrounding area is beautiful and quiet in the heart of the Jewish quarter.
The hotel public areas are very nice and tastefully designed; it looks like it was renovated just a short time ago. Very clean and very well kept.
The gym is great and very well equipped; pool is on the small size so it's good for a refreshing dip but not really made for the serious swimmer which is fine by me. The solarium is nice and quiet. Pool is open up until 22:00 which is late enough. Spa staff is friendly & professional.
My remark about the spa is that the treatments rooms should be placed in a quieter area and not so close to the spa's bar and other facilities, hearing the other guests drinking and laughing at the spa's bar while you are having a relaxing massage is not acceptable to my opinion.
Front desk – very quick check in & check out by a professional staff.
Room – got a nice room with a view towards the old town which was great, although the room was on the 4th floor and facing the hotel entrance there was no noise. The room décor is nice but a bit old fashioned. Bed was good, room was very clean and there weren't any special facilities in the room apart from an iPhone docking stations.
Breakfast – very nice dining room facing the small garden; a wide variety of food served in the buffet; Meat and sausage selection was very good and very tasty. Staff was very pleasant. You can ask for freshly made egg's Benedict and any other kind of omelet you fancy. Some of the foods did not look fresh enough – when you serve sushi it must be super fresh to my opinion you can not serve sushi at a buffet and just let it "seat" there because in a matter of half an hour it will look terrible - dried & unappealing. Also a Feta cheese (Balkan cheese) that was served at the salad bar was off, some of the vegetables were precut and put to the refrigerator before serving which caused it to dribble.
Mini bar prices are sky high and for no reason, hotel bar prices are a bit high but nothing out of the ordinary I really don't see a reason for such high prices at the mini-bar, when I wanted a drink I just came to the bar and was serviced.
Communication – dialing anywhere will cost you 50 ck even if you dial to a toll-free number there is no reason for that. High speed Wifi should also be free at a 5 stars hotel to my opinion.
If the price is right I would stay at the IC Prague again, it's a good hotel and I had enjoyed my stay. However If I could, i would suggest the following to the hotel management:
1. Provide high/medium speed Wifi connection for free.
2. Cancel any charge for dialing to a toll free numbers.
3. Add another telephone inside the guest rooms placed on to room's desk.
4. Provide a small complimentary refreshments upon arrival (just a few breakfast cookies and a bottle of mineral water with a welcome note would do the trick and give the hotel guests a feeling they got an extra treat)
5. Change the location of the spa treatment rooms for a quieter one, if possible.
6. Consider removing some of the breakfast items from the menu and keep refreshing and checking the dishes at the buffet constantly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Eitam L
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Eitam L
This is the great opportunity to thank you for all your valuable comments, positive feedbacks and suggestions. I do so appreciate your detailed recommendations and ideas as satisfaction of our hotel guests is one of the most important focuses at our property. I am happy to hear about your overall satisfaction especially with our hotel staff, all hotel facilities like new renovate breakfast area, health club and spa and also our new renovated public areas including lobby and Duke’s Bar area. It will be certainly my pleasure to share all your valuable comments with my colleagues for further actions and activities. There is only one thing which I would like to clarify – Internet connection is free by using 256kb connection – either wifi or cable connection. I would like to thank you again for your feedbacks and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any further assistance or if there is anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague. I am looking forward welcoming you back to Inter Continental Prague.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Spent 36 hours in Prague as a last minute city break & found the Intercontinental to be in a perfect location to explore the city on foot. The rooms were clean & comfortable (river view), staff very friendly, helpful & efficient and the breakfast buffet was a great way to start the day with the vast choice on offer. The pool & gym / sauna facilities were clean (but the pool was a bit cold!). Perfect hotel if you're not fussy and just want a great base for a weekend break to explore Prague however if you're looking for a 5 star experience then this may not be for you as it's not as high standard as other Intercontinental hotels around the world, but definitely adequate. Would stay again & would definitely recommend.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jodydv
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear jodydv
I would like to use this opportunity to personally thank you for spending your 36 hours at our property and choosing InterContinental Prague. I do appreciate your very nice positive feedbacks related to our hotel regarding cleanliness, friendly staff, lovely view and our new renovated Breakfast restaurant. It is so wonderful to read these kinds of words and being informed directly about your overall satisfaction. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for any assistance or anything I can do for you during your next time in Prague. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Beautiful room, comfy bed with river view and amazing breakfast selection - don't miss it. The only weakness is the old-fashioned facade - you would expect something else while strolling along one of the main streets with expensive shops..you would expect that at the end of it would be an amazing building with shining InterConti sign...and here a bit of a let down. But once you enter the lobby, your room or swimming pool area...you know where you are and that it deserves the status of one of the best hotels in Prague. We hope to visit you again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear makajagl,

I am taking this excellent opportunity to thank you for your stay at InterContinental Prague along with positive feedback about your stay in March 2012. I will be more than happy to share your wonderful words about our breakfast and other services with my colleagues immediately as satisfaction of our hotel guests is one of the most important focuses. Please also be informed that as of last year we have renovated our Breakfast restaurant, lobby area and hotel façade including shining signs of InterContinental logos. Please during you next time in Prague do not hesitate to contact me directly in advance and will be my utmost pleasure to make your stay again memorable and enjoyable one – now with a new external and internal face.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Beautiful room. Excellent location. I found the staff, from bartender to front desk, to be stuffy and flat, although efficient and knowledgeable. The breakfast buffet was a disaster, but not sure I can blame it on the hotel. It was more the pushy, manner lacking guests who acted as if they hadn't eaten in weeks. The food was very good and there was plenty of everything, but the experience (two mornings) was chaotic and an upsetting way to start a vacation day! I would think a hotel of that caliber would attract only guests that had some social grace. I am not sure what the hotel could do to improve this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Susan P
Petr V, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Susan P,
Thank you for your valuable feedbacks regarding your stay at InterContinental Prague in November 2012. It will be my pleasures to share your experiences with my colleagues directly as any of guest comments are showing us the best directions. I do appreciate your satisfaction about the food during the breakfast time in our new renovated restaurant and I am truly sorry for your concrete personal feelings which you have already shared with us. In despite of this unusual experience I do hope we will have a chance welcoming you back to our property in the future and show to you our commitment.
Please do not hesitate to contact me or my colleagues directly in case of anything further we can do for you.