The Intercontinental is perfectly situated. You cant get lost coming back to it. Its less then 5 minutes walk from the Old Town Square and one minute walk to the Jewish Synagogues/ghetto/famous cemetery etc. The opposite direction of a minutes walk takes you to the river for cruises or across the bridge and a lovely hike up the mountain for breathtaking view of Prague from the giant metronome.
We arrived in the late morning and they allowed us early check-in. A Priority Club membership gives you extra perks such as late check out and a newspaper in the morning. We also took advantage of a complementary shoe shine. Beds were very comfortable as were the rooms. Its funny that the only complaint I read about the hotel was that the curtains came off the hooks in the middle making it difficult to close and sure enough so were ours (room 456). Breakfast was very good. The Chief Concierge Martin Droppa was an expert at everything and beyond from all cultural events to confirming our flights for us. Our flight was midnight so they let us stay until 9pm for a very reasonable price. The Spa has a very well equipped gym and a lovely salt water pool, a jacuzzi and a sauna separate for male and female in respective changing rooms. A steam sauna would make it the perfect place. A private dedicated lift takes you down to the spa so you dont have to share the lift with guests and their suitcases while you are in your bathrobe. All in all well worth the few extra Euros.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha