Great location, located by the river and on the upscale shopping street of Parizska (in case you need an emergency pair of Gucci loafers). The hotel is a pretty decent gem in the Old Town, despite a pretty dated exterior.
Check in was painless and easy - the room was okay, despite wanting a Queen/King bed and them giving me two Doubles. iPod/iPhone docking station was a nice addition to the room - otherwise it's pretty much what every hotel room looks like.
Had a glass of champagne and tapas on their rooftop deck, which gives you a nice view of the city. Breakfast buffet was quite good in terms of hot/cold selections and beverages. Hotel priced, but decent quality so I can't complain.
The hotel seemed constantly busy with tour groups and conventions, the lobby and entrance was always bustling with people - it's definitely a business hotel and I would not recommend it for a quiet, romantic weekend.
WiFi isn't free - well, technically you have the option of 1 hour free, which is slow as molasses and you have to re-login after the hour. If you need Internet during your stay, be prepared to shell out money or suffer your Gmail page loading for 2 minutes.
The stay overall was positive. You're about 5-10 min walking distance to the Staromestka metro station, Old Town Square and if the price tags at Prada intimidate you, you can take the Pravnicka fakulta tram across the street to the Palladium mall and do some mid-priced shopping there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presiding regally above the hilly banks of the Vltava River, the InterContinental Prague is the landmark choice of Prague hotels, providing a sophisticated setting for all types of travel. Experience the City from its premier location - in the heart of the Prague’s historic Old Town. Magnificent accommodations provide the perfect base from which to explore the shops, restaurants, and architectural treasures that give the region its distinctive character. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Prague reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Praha Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Prague
- Intercontinental Hotel Praha