“Piano brunch on the roof..”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #100 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic
“Piano brunch on the roof..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

Helo Travellers and Prague citizens,

I coldnť help it, but I have to share with you all, this splendid culinary experience. Lazy sunday morning, nice and sunny walk by the riverbank, but still we little bit hurry not to miss The Brunch everyone talkś about. Describe it "Delicious", that wouldn´t be enough at all. We didnť know where to start this concert of tastes where chef is a dirigent. Sitting on the table already thinking.....Sweet or Salty, Japan or Italy, Hot or Cold. Sea or Mountain. Pleasant and professional staff, pouring a fresh coffee and serving us our favorite Egg Benedict to start with and all this while sitting "On the top of the the Prague" with the magnificent view, well that's something you shouldn't miss. Variety of food, simple menu with specialities, fruits, cakes or sushi if you like but mostly attention to details, which I personaly put in front. Yes all that you will meet in the Zlatá Praha restaurant. Well it's nice, after twenty years in this bussiness, to enjoy great food and service together in such a friendly atmosphere. And trying hard to be the good guest, which doesn't complain, just doesn't come back. I have to say we already have plans for the next weekend. Thank you for this perfect day..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PRGHA, Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Daniel_Sulc,
thank you so much for this wonderful and perfect review of your visit in our Restaurant Zlata Praha during Brunch. I could not have better desciped our offerings than you.
I hope you will give us also on other regular days the chance to show our exceptional great kitchen and service. Our wonderful terrace is open every day, where the weather allows it.
The view gives a great scene during warm evenings with the romatic allumination of Prague.
See you soon.
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (490)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Saint Sauveur des Monts, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the InterContinental Praha hotel for three nights in May 2012 and really enjoyed our stay. Hotel located in best district and near tourist attractions including astronomical clock, Charles bridge, etc.

Room with Club InterContinental access booked; beautiful spacious room with all amenities. Complete breakfast plus hors d’œuvre and comlimetary beverages each day in the lounge. Personnel goes out of its way to make your stay pleasant and memorable. This is where I will stay when I return to Prague (Praha).

Dear Andre S,
thank you so much for your fantastic evaluation on tripadvisor. I am more than happy to read that you enjoyed your stay especially our Club Lounge and the services you received there.
I really hope to welcome you soon again.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Hi Fellow Travelers--This is a wonderful hotel! It is located in the best neighborhood in Prague, off the Vltana River. The staff are outsanding. The room was elegant. Everyone spoke excellent English, and it was a joy to stay there.

On the downside just two things: 1) Typically exorbitant in-house bar and food prices (twice--literally--twice as expensive as the neighborhood.) And two--more importantly--NO BUSINESS CENTER.

My wife and I needed quiet and internet access to conduct business in this large hotel, which is part of an even larger chain. We were disappointed and frustrated to see they do not have what many travelers consider standard these days--a dedicated business center with wi-fi or cable hookups.

Our room had a hardline available for cable connection but like many travelers we use Apple products (iPhone/iPad) which utilize wi-fi only.

The free wi-fi in the lobby was unacceptable. You can't conduct online business in a noisy hotel lobby, and the service itself was largely unavailable due to the weak connection.

This, in my opinion, is a pretty serious short-coming for a world-class hotel.

To be fare however, that was the only real blemish on this great hotel. I would stay there again.

The rooftop bar and restaurant has a spectacular view of historic Prague.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
PRGHA, Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Craigua,
thank you very much for taking your time to write about your stay at the InterContinental Prague.
I am very happy to tell you that the only short coming you experienced will be fixed by 1st of June. We realized that in todays time with the Apple products and other devices we had a need to upgrade our services. In a few days all rooms will have access to Wifi !!
I am disappointed that we were not able to show you our business center, which is located in the ground floor. I can read out of your comment that we have to work on the signage for the future.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

Checked in here for a few days with our one year old. Great property for him as the rooms were a good size and the facilities were good to entertain him. They gave him some little toys for the room and those were a hit. The neighborhood is a good one as you can easly get around to the town square and other areas in the old town. The Charles Bridge can be a bit of a hike, but nothing to rough. Would gladly return and bring our small kids with us.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear Shawn B,
thank you very much for choosing the InterContinental for your trip to Prague. I am very happy to read that especially your son had a great time in our hotel. It is good to hear that the gifts are welcomed by our smallest costumers.
I hope we will see you soon back in Prague with all kids ;-)
Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Only stayed for now night. I was looking forward to my stay at this Intercon not only for the location and the city, but for the service received by reservations. My booking was made online and shortly followed by an email asking me for additional details (this is the first time I have ever been contacted by an Intercon prior to my stay and I have stayed in over a dozen around the world) - outstanding.
I have the say it went downhill from there. Arrival experience was terrible with a porter getting our bags, leaving it on the floor near the lift for us to pick it up on the way (and not advising us) - anyone could have taken it. Check in was ordinary, if not rude. I am a Platinum member and no acknowledgement of that was offered. Rather a "here is your key". The room was appropriate, bathroom dated. All amenities you would expect. I had a welcome platter and letter from the GM which was amongst the best Ive seen. The hotel seemed to capitalise on their food outlets but we didn't try any.
Housekeeping staff were very courteous when we crossed paths in the corridors, greeting us in English. The facade of the hotel is being refurbished so it is quite noisy. The location is outstanding, as expected. I have to say that this was unfortunately a disappointment, solely due to staff attitude rather than quality of the building itself.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Inspector_to_be
Dear inspector_to_be,
thank you very much for your detailed report about your stay in Prague. I am thankful that you started your comments with your pre-arrival experience and I am very happy that we delivered in this area above the expected service.
Therefore I am even more distressed that we were not able to fulfill our service promise when you arrived at the hotel. I can assure you that this issues got addressed and will be fixed for the future.
I really hope that you will give us a second chance to show you that we can do much better.
Please contact me directly in case you plan another stay.
Buehler
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I don't have a criticism of this hotel - the rooms are generous-sized and well appointed, everything works, the food is fine. Location is good. My usual bugbear is the charging for WiFi. Ultimately, though, this is a hotel that could be anywhere, there is nothing about the décor that in any way suggests you are in one of Europe's most historical cities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank P_Stibbons
Dear P_Stibbons,
thank you very much for your comments on tripadvisor. I can understand your view when you look at our hotel, but let me tell you something about it, which is not visible on the first look.
Our hotel was build in the 60s and 70s from the famous local architects Karel Bubeníček and Karel Filsak. Actually it became locally really famous because of its architecture, called brutalism. The building is even protected by the local heritage department. Inside you can find a lot of local art. We are committed to support the local artists with every piece of art we buy. That counts also for the interior designer Vladimira Lenickova, who we choose for our newly refurbished breakfast restaurant Primator.
I hope to see you soon again and maybe even show you some more of our hotel.
Executive Assistent Manager
}���S��
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed 3 days to celebrate a birthday (someone had also told the hotel) and not only were we upgraded to a "Deluxe" room overlooking the river, a bottle of Czech sparkling wine on ice was waiting for us when we reached the room - a very nice touch. Location excellent - near the river and easy access to points of interest. Buying a Day travel ticket from the Concierge (110CZ, about £3.60 per day) for all buses, trams - which are all frequent, metro, funicular rail makes getting about easy and cheap) although much to see in walking distance. Room and all public areas spotless. All staff from reception, concierge (worth asking their advice), bar and restaurant staff, maids were always helpful , friendly and offered speedy service - a credit to the InterContinental brand. Excellent gym facilities (not used). Wi-fi available for free in some public areas. Garden terrace on roof (9th floor) a very good innovation with beautiful views over Prague. Spoil yourself with a meal at the rooftop Zlata Praha Restaurant. A most enjoyable stay (did they also arrange the 82F sunny weather?)! Makes us want to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a River "Deluxe" room