“Great hotel - shame about wi-fi!!!”

InterContinental Prague
Ranked #96 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Great location - nice hotel - but why oh why do they not offer free wi-fi......

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank adrian411
PRGHA, Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

I am thankful for your feedback. It looks like you enjoyed the central location of our hotel. The internet prices are fully competitive on the Prague hotel market. The wireless internet is available in the lobby bar and the lobby itself. During the consumption in Duke’s Bar and Café (not valid for the extended breakfast during busy periods) you can get free WIFI access valid for 1 hour. I hope you give us another opportunity during your next stay.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,686)

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We just spent 3 nights in the Intercontinental in Prague. It was located down the street from the main square in Prague, and right on the river. It is in the heart of the Jewish quarter. Very nice overall. Breakfast room was very nice and lots of food. Very convenient to all. Fabulous spa, but unfortunately, we had no time to use any of the facilities. We spent all our time touring, shopping, eating....
íinternet charges were high....

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for commenting on TripAdvisor. I hope to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

Impressive facade and location but the wows end right about at the check in. Service staff were generally cold, much like the Prague weather.

Price is reasonable for an Intercon but hospitality has much to be improved.

We chose to check out after two nights and booked a B&B two miles away for a third of the price and four times the warmth!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WilsonfromDubai

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed the central location of our property. We do appreciate your comments regarding the service as there is always the opportunity to improve. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

My first impression was marred by the extremely rude young man on the reception desk. I couldn't believe what I heard him say to the guest before me trying to check in. Then I myself was subjected to his off-hand manner, with a dismissive wave of the hand to indicate where the concierge was located. I will add that the reception area was very crowded at this time due to a tour group having just arrived, but this guy's attitude stinks. Some staff training in customer service needed there!

Now some good - the location is great - very handy to the old town and if you're keen on walking, it's not all that far to the new town and also across Charles Bridge to the lesser town. However, the lesser town is best accessed by tram or metro.

Also good is the food. I ate in the little cafe beside the bar twice and it was very nice. Breakfast has everything you could want and then some! The pikelets (hot cakes) with wild honey and blueberries were delicious. I really felt sorry for the staff at my first breakfast - not enough of them to cope with the numbers. They were trying to serve tea and coffee making it very hard for them to clear tables as necessary. There were empty tables but covered in used dishes and no sign of them being cleared. Management need to look at this in peak times. The breakfast times for the next couple of mornings were less crowded and more relaxing.

The house-keeping ladies were friendly, happy and very efficient. Well done team! The bed looked absolutely fantastic, inviting. Sadly, it was as hard as nails and I didn't sleep well for the whole of my stay. It's a pity only 1 teabag per day was given, especially as this was a double room! Oh, and the spa, complete with gym and swimming pool, is a very well kept secret: access it via the general lifts from floors 2,3 and 4, then find your way along the passages till you find a single, well hidden lift that takes you down to the facility. There's no instructions how to find it in the folder in each room.

Room Tip: The in-room tea and coffee making facility is rather slim on teabags and coffee - take your own!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank NZTraveller666

Thank you for your very constructive feedback. I do appreciate your comments regarding the service you experienced during your check-in and also during your breakfast. I shared all with them with my colleagues who will arrange attitude trainings, retrainings and operational procedures as there is always the opportunity to improve.
Otherwise I am pleased that you enjoyed our central location, breakfast selection and house-keeping services. I hope you give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights following a Danube River Cruise. The hotel was fantastic. The location was wonderful, so near to the Old Town Square and walking distance to many of the attractions in Prague. The buffet breakfast was amazing... everything you could possibly want was available. Beds were comfy and room was very nicely decorated. We had a view of Paritzka street and the wonderful spires on the buildings. The bathroom was all done in white marble with even a bidet. The down comforters were really nice. Just beware of the prices on the roof garden though.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
PRGHA, Manager at InterContinental Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I hope this experience will stay in your minds for a while.
Anyway, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in a near future.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

we stayed here for a long weekend. Since we have Ambassador status, we were upgraded, but only one category (stingy of the hotel, isn't it hehe?), although we were offered to be further upgraded for a low cost (which we did, of course).
The location of the hotel is very nice, close to the old center, and easy to take public transport (5 minutes walk to the nearest tram or underground). The buffet breakfast is very nice but only for a short stay, since there's not much daily change of food. We stayed in room 327, which was nicely soundproof and spacious enough for a weekend stay. The indoor pool is heated (27°C) and only very busy on Sunday, when it's a childrens playground.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I am glad that in general you enjoyed your stay.
As a Gold Ambassador member you are entitled to those benefits in the hotel:
• Guaranteed room upgrade into next category • Fresh fruit and mineral water upon arrival • 4 p.m. late check-out • Complimentary Pay TV film per stay • Instant Check-Out
The slight extra charge was mainly for Club Lounge access which is not part of Ambassador benefits.
I appreciate your comments related to breakfast buffet which I shared with our Executive Chef.
We would like to have more detailed information regarding breakfast and also the pool - what time you were there?. If you do not mind, please, contact me on my e-mail petra.kazdova@whgeu.com. Thank you.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Upon arriving at the InterContinental, the outer building was somewhat reminiscent of a communism at its best... the appearance of the hotel from the outside is very old and outdated looking, however, once inside it is impeccable. Very modern, clean, and comfortable. The rooms were spacious and we had a great view of parts of the city. Wifi was offered at the bar and lobby area with a code given to you by one of the staff members. In relation to location, the hotel is conveniently located near the Charles Bridge, the Castle, Old Town Square and so much more. This was my second visit to Prague and I would definitely return and stay at the InterContinental when I do.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank ZCMC

I am thankfull for your comments shared on TripAdvisor. The hotel was built by architect Karel Filsak in the style called Brutalism and it is historically listed and protected building due to the outside look.
Please contact me for your future visit on petra.kazdova@whgeu.com and we will be happy to welcome you back.