“A Wonderful Treat!”

Ranked #36 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Harker Heights, Texas
“A Wonderful Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

After winning a stay at Le Palais on Luxury Link, we expected a nice place. But Le Palais really exceeded our expectations. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The room was fantastic! Very comfortable and elegant. The first night we were a little warm because we didn't understand how to control the a/c. But after that we were very comfortable. The breakfast buffet, included in our package, was one of the best we have ever had at any hotel in the world. There was an excellent variety of foods and it even included champagne! The location was quiet but very convenient to walk either to the tourist areas or to the streetcar stop. Prague is a very interesting city. We found the people to be so friendly and welcoming and it is an easy city to tour with much of interest to see. I definitely recommend Le Palais and Prague!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank atlast5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Hungarian first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is five stars in every way. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. We especially enjoyed the location away from the hustle and bustle. When we asked for a local restaurant we were so pleasantly suprised. We had a wonderful experience with the local residents. Ask the staff about the local vineyards. The wines are very nice and the atmosphere is exceptional. Every encounter at the Le Palais was a wonderful experience. This hotel made Prague a favorite destination for us.

Stayed October 2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

We were greeted with the warmest and kindest welcome upon checking in at the Palais Prague. The staff here will knock your socks off with their exceptional kindness, thoughtfulness and assistance. We were so impressed with the staff and hotel that after being there for less than five minutes we asked the staff to look into extending our stay. The hotel is extremely child friendly and a staff member at the front desk asked our son to write down a wish on a piece of paper and it included chocolate and staying at the hotel longer. The staff delivered to our suite a big bucket of chocolates shortly therafter and confirmed a longer stay for us. Our son was overjoyed! We had a welcome gift box on the dining room table for our son and another one for us along with kids champagne and a bottle of wine. We received the royal treatment from beginning to end. We loved the hotel location which is in a quiet residential neighbourhood a short walk away from Wenceslas Square. We enjoy walking and found It easy to get around on foot from the hotel. We enjoyed the hotel restaurant for dinner and breakfast and loved sitting outside for breakfast which has a great view of Prague. We stayed in The Marold Suite which was opulent, large and very clean. You cant beat the exceptional service here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a great hotel in a quiet residential area which although suited me may not be appropriate for those wanting to be in the thick of things. The rooms are very opulent and all the services are of an extreme high level, I.e the breakfasts, bar, gym, etc. I also found the rates very reasonable but I was paying a corporate rate so this may explain.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Tromso, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hotel Le Palais in Prague is by far the best hotel we have stayed in!

All credit to the staff in front, who are very professional. Front desk and "bell boys" are also very helpful to dinner reservations, tips or just to talk to. We stayed here for over a week and got to "know" the staff in lobby and breakfast. If you travel a bit, personal service from a small hotel are very welcome, in contrast to a much bigger hotel - that (I feel) are more like a machinery.
We forgot one private key in the safe, and I called the hotel about this. The key was delievered to us 5 days later by air mail - very pleased with this.

Hotel rooms are quite big and very practical. High standard and excellent beds. AC in the rooms was also appraiciated, since it was quite warm.

Housekeeping two times a day, free minibar, WI-FI, and access to the the training area and hot tub.

The location was perfect for us, 25 minutes walk to downtown city (or €7 - €9 by taxi). We used the metro a bit - who are located 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

I repeat what I said to the manager - this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

Hope to get the oppertunity to visit Hotel Le Palais in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vidar Torheim I
Doha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend after having this hotel recommended by a friend. We were not let down. This is a jewel in the crown of a wonderful city. You don't need to arrive here in an S500 Mercedes but when you pull up at the door, you'll think you have. I noticed after our stay that this was listed at No. 5 of the Top Hotels in the World. I can believe it. It's not in the heart of the city and is a good 20mins walk to anywhere of interest to tourists but it's a great sanctuary away from the bustle of the city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have never felt so uncomfortable nor have I been treated more inhumanely at any hotel in my life! I felt like the staff were staring me down every time I came or went. (Look at my other reviews; I am by no means the complaining type!)

As another reviewer mentioned, I was never clear on how much I would be charged for anything. It made me nervous to ask for anything.

I was traveling with my elderly mother, and our room was ridiculously small! It was shaped like a triangle, where I had to bend down if I wanted to skinny by the bed on the left side of my room. (Really, all you could do was try to slide around each twin bed; there was no room for anything else. I had to put my suitcase on the chair they'd crammed in the room's lowest corner.) The closet was the smallest I've ever had, luxury or budget hotel!

The bathroom was lovely, large and well-appointed. The tub is surrounded by marble and is quite oppulent. However, the tub is as slick as road ice! I am 44, not overweight and have never, ever slipped in a tub. But here's the thing - you need to put one foot over about 18 inches of thigh-high, side granite before you can put your foot in the tub, then put your weight on that foot in order to get the rest of your body into the tub. Well, being it has absolutely NO slip-resistence and nothing to easily grab onto, my "tub foot" slipped out from under me and BAM! My head SLAMMED into the marble on the far side of the tub! OUCH!! I had a very large egg on my head for over a week! (Thank God it was I who fell, not my 82-year-old mother!)

Now things happen, falls happen, I understand that, but when I asked the hotel manager for a bag of ice for my head and literally begged him to install some sort of anti-slip coating or shower mat or anything, he simply did not care. The three people at the front desk just stared at me. I know they speak English! I had spoken with them previously, yet they all simply stared at me. They had an utter lack of regard for my injury that their poorly designed tub had caused! No apology. No sympathy. No humanity.

This was how my elderly mother and I were treated our entire stay. I have never had such a horrible travel experience in my life! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on high floors are shaped like triangles and impossible to be comfortable in!