“Compact, Clean and Popular”
Review of Hotel Zlata Vaha

Hotel Zlata Vaha
Ranked #294 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Stavanger
“Compact, Clean and Popular”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Hotel Zlata Vaha is Compact, Clean and Popular.
I have never seen such a "small" hotel, with such a busy reception, in my life.
You can see it has been newly renovated: Fresh paint, new furniture and modern bathrooms.
The staff was very supportive, when one of our suitcases was delayed at airport. They communicated with the baggage office at the airport, for us, and were very helpful.

If I have to put my finger on some lesser qualities, I must say the breakfast was very simple, but I didn’t starve. The Wi-Fi was unfortunately limited, as it so often is in most hotels.

Room Tip: The higher up, your room is, the better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed September 12, 2012

the location of this hotel is good because of its convenience for walking but its proximity to the noisy street cars and its shared courtyard with the hotel's cafe/bar made our room facing the courtyard extremely noisy. the room was nothing special, but sufficed. was clean and what we needed. due to the noise, I would say this place was overpriced. also the 5 euro breakfast was subpar. 5 euros gets you a lot better food anywhere else in Prague.

Room Tip: do not stay in a room facing the courtyard! stay further off the street to avoid noise from street c...
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We arrived in this hotel from the airport express bus which stopped at about 15 mins easy walk. The main train station Halvani nadrazi is 10 mins walk away, all the attractions in old town are pretty much walkable. The room we got was on 4th floor, clean, AC working well,the reception speaks English, & are helpful.A practical choice for a short stay in Prague.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2012

same as another reviewer we booked this hotel because it was cheap. £26 for a double room but in fact we were given a 3 bedded room on the 4th floor which was good. the room was bright, airy and clean and the large bathroom was also very clean. only fault was the air-con, we stayed there during august so it was quite hot and the hotel controls the a/c, so the room was warm but not uncomfortably warm.
the stall were pleasant and helpful and spoke good enough english. the hotel is in a good location 10 minutes walk to prague old town square and then 5 minutes walk to charles bridge.
we will definatly go to prague again and stay at this hotel.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked this hotel because it was very cheap, under £100 for 3 nights in a double room. We met lots of other people there who were staying further away and sharing bathrooms who paid more than us.

The rooms are simple but modern and clean. Staff were polite and helpful with transport.

Some people have said the trams were loud but we didnt hear anything.

The locations was perfect. About 5 minute walk from the old town square, 2 min walk to the main train/metro/bus station and lots of bars nearby.

It is an ideal place to stay to save money as you can get a bus from the airport and walk straight to the hotel. It only costs about £2 pp. Would recommend it for anyone!

Room Tip: I think the rooms at the back are quieter.
1 Thank jac26806
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I was going to rate this hotel 4 stars but after planning out my review I realized that was probably a little generous. My group of 4 stayed at the Hotel Zlata Vaha for two nights in July on the 4th floor.

The Good: The hotel is located just west of the main train station and is appropriately a eight minute walk to the Old Town Square and Clock Tower. The room was very spacious, clean, and came with four beds, two of which were pushed together as a King. The bathroom was also quite spacious, clean, and came with the appropriate number of towels. Overall, the hotel had just been renovated and was in much better condition than we had anticipated. There is also free wifi that reached our room. We spent $200 total for for 2 nights, so at $25 USD per person per night we thought it was a pretty good deal and more secure than a hostel.

The Bad: The A/C is centrally controlled and cannot be adjusted from your room. We were constantly battling if we should open the windows (which automatically turned off the A/C) or see if the room would get cooler with the air on. Both were quite poor options as the A/C was insufficient and with the windows open the street noise from cable cars and vehicles was very disruptive. The remote for the windows was all in Russian but there was a cheat sheet to figure out how to open and close the windows. The last night it was quite intolerable in the room and I ended up sleeping on top of my comforter even with the A/C on.

The Ugly: THE SHADES!!! We came back from partying on Saturday night (Sunday morning) at about 5 AM. As it is July, it was already quite light when we got to sleep. We closed the blinds as best we could but there is a 4 inch gap at the bottom of the skylight windows that allowed light to come right onto two of the beds and illuminated most of the room. This severely detracted us from our ability to sleep. This was also prohibitive when trying to nap during the day.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the 4th floor and try to find one away from the street to minimize cable car no...
1 Thank ScottieWP09
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed her for the first weekend in July, As you can see I've given it a rating of 2 and let me explain why.

Pro's
Fantastic location
Fairly cheap
Clean

Con's
Rude staff (bar man)
Warm room - ok not warm - sweltering, it was so hot I think I had about 4 hours sleep the whole weekend.
Hard bed
Leaking shower
Constant dripping (no idea where from - not our room)
Late letting us into our room (most not be used to more then 4 couples checking in!!)

As you can see the con's out weigh the pro's and for a city where cheap hotel rooms are 10 for a penny I was expecting a lot better then this, as I say the location is fantastic (5mins walk from the square) and the rooms and hotel itself were extremely clean I just think it let it's self down massively on customer service.

I went for a stag do (now I'm guessing everyone is thinking great) but we are a fairly sensible lot and to be told we are being too loud at 2 o'clock PM is crazy! For a start we didn't want to be there! If they had got our rooms ready on time we would have been someone else! Out of the group 2 are under 30 so it wasnt your typical lads "stag do"!

The bar man was rude to the extreme and even 2 couples next to us commented on the rudeness of said member (I just hope they write a review like they said they were going too!)

Then to the rooms! Right clean - tick! Bed hard - tick (not much else to say on that). Leaking shower - dangerous as the water was all over the bathroom making it really slippery.
Constant dripping - I had and still have no idea where this come from but it was very irritating and went on all night - stopped about 5 in the morning - one of my party said it could have been the air conditioning units - but if the hotel Zlata had air con, well then my uncles my aunt.

So in fairness don't go to this hotel BUT you have to visit Prague, the city itself is fantastic, with history you cannot believe, it is such a nice city I'm booking to take the girlfriend later in the year - however one things for sure I wont be booking at this hotel AND won't be popping back for a drink with the nice gentleman behind the bar!!!

Dean

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels